LOGO french terry cocoon cardigan

Has anyone received this?  

TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: LOGO french terry cocoon cardigan

@kathnern wrote:

Has anyone received this?  

TIA

I just received it today in the macrame color.  I opened the outer envvelope but not the interior plastic bag yet.  I'll let you know after I've tried it on, which won't be til later today.

It does feel pretty thin from taking it out of the bag.....

Frequent Contributor

Thanks!

I want to know if it bulges out like a pumpkin!  Or, if thin enough, is more like a layer.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kathnern  I just tried mine on.  No, it absolutely does not bulge out like a pumpkin!  It's not "poofy" at all much to my surprise.  It fits true to size - medium in my case - and is not oversized, except the sleeves are too long for me.

I'm on the fence about keeping it though.  There is much I like about it but I don't think it's worth the price, so therein lies the dilemma.

What I like - the macrame color very much!  It's perfect for all year, and in spring would be a nice light wrap for when you need a little something, but again can definitely be worn all year, even though it's a light tan color (with I think just a tiny bit of blush but I may be wrong because it's night here and I have bad lighting in my house - mostly light tan though).  In fact, I will probably order the LOGO french knit scarf  in this color, which is new for that item.  I also really like the pockets - they don't add anything at the hip area but are quite useful pockets and slylish and are not like the "usual" LOGO pocket that is drapey in the front.  

What I don't like about it are two things: (1) it is not nearly as substantial in weight  and therefore or in warmth as her usual French terry fabric.  I'm not going to use the word "flimsy" because I'm a LOGO lover, but here is where I think it isn't worth the price.  It's not as soft and "like buttah" as her usual French terry either.  It's soft, but not "oh my, this is what makes LOGO such a great fabric."    (2)  I also don't care much for how the lapels go, or don't cooperate in my case.  This may be unfair because mine needs to be steamed out from being in transit and they lapels may lie much better once they are steamed.   But for now, I can't get them to lie so they are very flattering.  I have to admit that if I'd tried this on and felt the fabric in a store, I probably would not have bought it.  On the other hand, I kinda like it and would get  a lot of use out of it, esp. in spring but also in fall and winter as I have nothing else in this color or style.  I'm glad I didn't get the black beacuse I have other black LOGO items I like better to wear the places/times I'd wear this.  Also in my case, I have the sleeve length to deal with - too long.

I hope this helps you some.  

Editing to add: uh oh.  This is from one of the reviewers of the product - I don't think steaming out that collar'lapel will help - it definitely doesn't lie right then. "And the drape of the collar is off on this. Returning!!

Honored Contributor

@kathnern   So do you think you'll buy it?  If so, what color?

Honored Contributor

I  lookied at this in better lighting today and it does have a tinge of blush color to the light tan macrame.  The color is much darker on the website (at least on my monitor) than in person - it's quite light but a nice neutral IMO.  I'm going to return mine - it's too expensive for what it is. I'll look for it either as an As Is or on a clearance price because I would like to own it but it's just not worth the money at full price IMO.