Respected Contributor

Re: LOGO brand just purchased by Xcel Brands

@Retiredpsych wrote:

She just became a multimillionaire.   QVC won't be her priority I suspect.  Xcel will call the shots.

@Retiredpsych   Actually, Lori was a millionaire before, owns many lush places, has a fabulous penthouse on top of a famous New York hotel, and more than 30 Hermes Birkin handbags.

*good on her! I say

Esteemed Contributor

Lori's brand certainly will expand if it goes the way of the Isaac Mizrahi brand.  Many times I've seen items with his name of them that I wouldn't have suspected, such as yarn, readers, and items I cannot recall but was surprised to see them.  Time will tell what changes we'll see.  Either way I wish her the best, she's earned it. 

Respected Contributor

@haddon9  Of course, well done to Lori but my personal feeling is the style will suffer.  Isaac does not hardly design anything that sells on Q any more - lots of times he doesn't seem to even know the product - just a figurehead but that is how big business earns money.  Stick the name on anything and everything. 

I am glad I have my Logo pieces now and will hang on to them as, unfortunately, things will inevitably, over time, change - maybe for better  who knows.  I hope Lori continues to have major say in all things but big corporations go their own way.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

A little worrisome because C.Wonder, Halston, Ripka and Longeberger don't seem to have done very welll... 

Respected Contributor

I'm glad I have two closets and three drawers full.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Hippiified wrote:

I'm glad I have two closets and three drawers full.

@Hippiified   You are rich.

I'm inspired this evening. Tomorrow I shall do a major purge to donate all those non-Logo items I am simply no longer wearing.

Lots of JCrew, for example. Even some Ralph and Calvin.

Our styles change. Having things hang in the closet doesn't seem right, plus I am frustrated with crowded closets.

Logo suits the now-me.

Will keep my art blazers from Iris Apfel, for example, and some serape blazers from southwestern designers. But I am blessed with many Logo blazers and they deserve not to be crowded. With stuff I haven't worn in years.

I want 80% of my closets and drawers to be things I actually wear 90% of the time.

Respected Contributor

@1Professor I agree they deserve not to be crowded!  And I love that you said "Logo suits the now-me."  Oh, I forgot about the hall closet is about half full of Logo jackets and cardigans....

Honored Contributor

@Retiredpsych wrote:

She just became a multimillionaire.   QVC won't be her priority I suspect.  Xcel will call the shots.

@Retiredpsych  To echo @1Professor 's comments, what makes you think she wasn't already a multimillionaire? i think she was.

Respected Contributor

I'm happy for Lori!  I'm not a fan of her fashions but hope that the LOGO brand doesn't change for all of her followers the way that other companies do when they are sold.

Esteemed Contributor

Congrats to Lori! She is undoubtedly a wealthier woman today. I love to see entrepreneurial women be wildly successful! We should be happy for Lori Goldstein.