New Contributor

LOGO VIDEOS PLEASE SHOW ITEMS ON THEIR OWN, BEFORE LAYERING & STYLING

Greetings All.

Lately I've been searching for shorts and pants in the LOGO line (which I adore).

I've recently become frustrated at the videos, however, as it is difficult at times to see the item I'm shopping for on a model without being stylized, layered, and accessorized to the point that the item I'm interested in is either hidden, or given a distorted appearance.

I appreciate Lori's talent for stylization and her recommendations... but I won't buy an item if I can't see it modeled first in its simplicity... and regarding shorts and pants... I must see how these fit on a model, all around the waistline, not just a quick peek-a-boo of separate sections of the waist.

All the recommendations Lori makes for how to wear an item and accessorize it, and what other items will match back to it do me no good if I can't first decide whether or not the item I am shopping for will work on my body shape.

Anyone?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: LOGO VIDEOS PLEASE SHOW ITEMS ON THEIR OWN, BEFORE LAYERING & STYLING

While Logo doesn't work for me, your comments could absolutely apply to other brands as well when presented on the Q. I get irritated with IM models who have sweaters over their  cotton t-shirts that are being presented, or the model who has a huge scarf around her neck so I can't see how the neckline looks. Just show the item on the model first so we can see what it looks like without all the fluff and accessories!

Honored Contributor

I watch logo shows every once and a while and agree.  There can be too much going on to see the item presented.  

Valued Contributor

wrote:

While Logo doesn't work for me, your comments could absolutely apply to other brands as well when presented on the Q. I get irritated with IM models who have sweaters over their  cotton t-shirts that are being presented, or the model who has a huge scarf around her neck so I can't see how the neckline looks. Just show the item on the model first so we can see what it looks like without all the fluff and accessories!

I totally agree.  I need to see the neck opening not only from the front but also from the back.  I have no idea why they have to cover up the item they are selling without seeing the entire item.  Covering it up except for 8 inches across from neck to hem is beyond any words I can come up with.

Regular Contributor

I agree and I wish the models would stop clasping their arms in front of the shirts to hide the lines of the shirt. If it's boxy, let's see it and quit trying to make it look like it has a waist. If it clings, we should get to see that also. If the shirt looks great on air and but is returned after we see what it really looks like what good does that do anyway?

Honored Contributor

@Alowishes  Welcome; I'm happy you found us in this subforum.

Many of us longtime posters here have complained about the very same issue you bring up so many of us will agree with you.   Since Lori's sizing can be all over the place, and since in some of her rayon/span tanks esp. I need to go up a size, it's important for me to see the item on the models and whether how it runs.  And I mean on the entirety of the models, back and front, hips, tush area, bust, etc.   Too often the models are wearing cardigans or something else over the items.  So I wholeheartedly agree with your post -  well stated!

Honored Contributor

ITA!! I want to see the item they are presenting without all the layers. Another thing that bugs me is when they have a bell sleeve top I want to see it with the models arms straight so I can see the length.  They always bend theirs arms and it's very hard to tell what the length is.