Respected Contributor

Re: LOGO SHOWS - TWO - MONDAY JAN. 28

@dulwich  I would size down. I have to do this in most of her peasant blouses.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Biftu wrote:

Do you think the blue option is the same print/color as A305492 the open front cardi.  I know the material is different and so is the color name, but they look quite alike to me.

@Biftu  Sorry I didn't respond sooner.  I watched the show but was in bed watching and not online.

What a good eye you have.  Yes, now that you mention it I do think it may very well be almost that pattern (with the print closer together than in the cardi).  I own that cardi but in another color option, not the blue.  I'm impressed with your memory and powers of observation!

I was tempted to get the blue ODO but didn't, in part because of that split back which is never flattering to my tush, although this top looked full enough that it wouldn't cup at all.  But what I didn't like was the light pink parts of it, that I hadn't noticed until earlier when I posted here about the ODO, until someone on the show pointed them out.  I do think the pinkish/lavender parts look better on the cardi, where the pattern is more spaced out. On the top, they looked to me like I put something pink in with the top that bled on it.   And speaking of this point,  the camera kept showing close-ups of the blue one and the rust colored one, but not any real close up of the olive one that Shawn and one other model had on.  I never could see the turquoise in it that Shawn mentioned, and would have liked to have seen.  They spent a ton of time on the ODO with not one closeup on that one!

A few other comments on last night's show.   The sale top (last item in the show - lace around the bottom except in the front - A307252 - did cup all the models in the back.  I thought the back of it was very unflattering, perhaps a reason this fairly new item is already on sale. It looked esp. bad on the heavier model, but looked bad on Kate too in the back.

Much as I dislike Shawn, I do think we are getting more information about the products with her as a host.  She does get through the colors and at least mentions height and sizes of the models more often than Amy ever did (which was rarely).  Since Shawn hasn't done much of her made-up words yet during the LOGO shows, I'm thinking she is a big improvement.   If she starts with the made-up words, I may very well change my opinion.

Biftu, I'm willing to break my "no more rayon span and no more tanks" rule for that wildflower tank, but only if it goes on sale or maybe during a free S&H day.   I liked it in all the colors except the charcoal Shawn was wearing, and I wouldn't get cider because I already have a cider floral tank.  But wow - that white-ish background one with the macrame flowers - that would go with so much of our macrame that we have!  I really need that one; it would "spring up" the look of our macrame cardis or hoodies.

I didn't get anything from the show.  Did anyone else?  @equss  Did you get the ODO?

Respected Contributor

I bought the jersey chiffon tunic in red clay and the tank in burnt orange that Kate modeled. I really liked the two together. Today's my birthday, so I treated myself.

Honored Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 Happy Birthday!

Love the tank. In fact, I just edited my post above to add a thought about the tank, even before I read your post.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee I did not buy the oto either. Thanks to you I really paid attention to the back and I thought it looked horrible on all the models. It grabbed/clung on areas I don’t want grabbed!  It was an easy pass for me after watching. I did enjoy the show and agree we are getting more size info with Shawn. Thanks @Pearlee

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee  Some days my memory works better than other days!  I too have that cardi in the another color.  I was kind of tempted to get the blue ODO but decided on the loden.  Not sure about that back, but agree it appeared full enough that it shouldn't be a problem, we'll see. 

I never even gave a thought to that tank since I am overwhelmed with the amount of tanks I already have, but you are right, it would look nice with our macrame pieces.  Maybe some day.

I'm not a fan of Shawn, but so far so good. At least there is no screaming and cackling.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu  I'll be eager to read your review of the ODO.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee  I'll start by saying that I really like the olive choice I made.  The color combination is beautiful. However, if it weren't for the pattern and color this top is nothing special,  It is really the same silhouette as many tops I already own, but I knew that. It fits me well in my regular size, though it is a bit wide at the bottom making it stick out a bit on the sides like there is too much fabric yet not enough to make it a deal breaker.  I think the side "issue" is due to the fabric being beefier unlike the flowy rayon/span fabric. I think it is a keeper but need to try it on again.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee  I'll start by saying that I really like the olive choice I made.  The color combination is beautiful. However, if it weren't for the pattern and color this top is nothing special,  It is really the same silhouette as many tops I already own, but I knew that. It fits me well in my regular size, though it is a bit wide at the bottom making it stick out a bit on the sides like there is too much fabric yet not enough to make it a deal breaker.  I think the side "issue" is due to the fabric being beefier unlike the flowy rayon/span fabric. I think it is a keeper but need to try it on again.

@Biftu  Thank you for your informative review.  I'm happy you [probably] like it enough to keep it.  Yeah, I could tell the "design" which is very pretty, "makes" that whole tee, because, as you say, we have that silhouette many times over.   You should certainly have enough bottoms to go with the olive one!  Smiley Happy