Honored Contributor

Re: LOGO SHOWS TSV DAY July 30th

[ Edited ]

Oh, I did order this ODO yesterday in Alabaster.  The mauve choice in it reminds me a lot of her rum raisin color.  If I love the alabaster, I may get it in that mauve during tax free weekend (no longer at the ODO price but I wouldn't pay the sales tax so I might).

https://www.qvc.com/LOGO-by-Lori-Goldstein-Cotton-Slub-Knit-Tee-with-Flounce-Details.product.A309156...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Another comment I have about TSV day shows - and I watched them all.

It was amusing to me how Lori and whatever host she was with (this applies to all of them) talked out of both sides of their mouths  when presenting either clothes for fall or the still-summer new clothes.  On the one hand, they were so over summer clothes and ready for the fall season and fall clothes.  Except on the other hand when they were presenting a new slub cotton top or other type of short sleeved garment when there was "still so much hot weather left."    Sales pitches for each season were required!  But it did come across as talking out of both sides of their mouths so to speak.

Respected Contributor

@Tissyanne, sorry about your mom. My mom is currently battling stage 4 breast cancer and is on IV chemo.

I ordered three cardigans in twilight, teal, and floral yesterday morning. Did not buy any coordinating tanks or tops because I already have some that will work with them.

I almost bought the Top Find with the lace and mesh panels, but realized I already had one in the gray that I bought at the Q outlet several years ago. I didn't get another color.

Amy was getting on my last nerve. She spent more time styling and dancing around then giving out information. Lori was the one doing most of the details. I don't know why she can't calm herself down and act more professional during Logo shows, she's generally better when she presents other lines. I'm not saying don't have fun, but it was a two hour free-for-all. 

Honored Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

@Tissyanne, sorry about your mom. My mom is currently battling stage 4 breast cancer and is on IV chemo.

I ordered three cardigans in twilight, teal, and floral yesterday morning. Did not buy any coordinating tanks or tops because I already have some that will work with them.

I almost bought the Top Find with the lace and mesh panels, but realized I already had one in the gray that I bought at the Q outlet several years ago. I didn't get another color.

Amy was getting on my last nerve. She spent more time styling and dancing around then giving out information. Lori was the one doing most of the details. I don't know why she can't calm herself down and act more professional during Logo shows, she's generally better when she presents other lines. I'm not saying don't have fun, but it was a two hour free-for-all. 

@Cumbercookie13  Amy even said at one point last night "I know this show is frantic but..."    If you know it's frantic, make it less so!  Sheesh!

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Trudey wrote:

What color did everyone get in the TSV?

@Trudey@  Despite my claims to @Biftu  about "no more rayon span" (which she knows me well enough not to hold me to), I preordered the neutral leopard and the distressed teal which I haven't yet received. 

I have the former TSV top in the pattern very close to that twilight floral cardi you ordered and it's very, very pretty. 

@Tissyanne  Awwww...I'm so very sorry about your mom.   I know it's been hard for you recently.  It's very sad losing a parent (both of mine are deceased).  My condolences.

As for the show, Amy really ticked me off last night being so ill-prepared.  She kept not knowing the color names - even of the TSV - there's really no excuse for that if she had read her product cards before the show and prepared.   I almost turned the TV off when she started doing that chicken dance thing (Lori had never heard of that dance).  That put me over the edge in terms of that host.   We don't get necessary product info (or we get incorrect color names that Lori has to correct her on) and instead she spends time chicken dancing.  Great. Smiley Sad

@Biftu  - I wonder how big a boatload of TSVs they purchased and how many more thousands of presentations of it we'll see before the price goes down lower than the TSV price?  Wanna take bets?   I don't think any of the color choices sold out (I may be wrong) so Q bought a big boatload!   Maybe it'll be a QVC2 deal in the future.....

@Pearlee - I was away but got back last night in time to see the chicken dance -- oh my!  She is truly out of control to the point that it is no longer fun to watch.  Since Lori didn't  know that wedding dance goes to show she attends classier events!  Anyway,  I didn't buy anything, not even the TSV in rayon/span Smiley Happy!  I hope you and everyone who bought it enjoys, but I know you are right that we will see this cardi again and again.  I did receive the long sleeve dresses from last week and while a lot of material, I still like them a lot and know I will wear them often.

Super Contributor

Amy was just horrid IMO. She talks about stuff that doesn't relate to what they are presenting. I really enjoy the logo shows when it is someone else hosting. I thought .. is it Caroline?... that had the show around noon with Lori... anyway it was a much calmer show with more information given. IMO. Amy is just about Amy and not the product.
Valued Contributor

@Trudey wrote:

I got the teal in the TSV, @Trudey.  Even though it's hotter than blazes in Phoenix, AZ and I won't be able to wear it for a while, I'm excited to receive it and hope I like it!!

Valued Contributor

@Tissyanne wrote:

@Hippiified wrote:

Hey, @Tissyanne

How are you doing?

Hello @Hippiified

I am doing okay. My Mom passed away from breast cancer in June. 

I am enjoying the Logo shows today. I hope you are too. 

I'm so sorry for your loss, @Tissyanne.  My thoughts and prayers are with your and your family. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Biftu wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Trudey wrote:

@Trudey@  Despite my claims to @Biftu  about "no more rayon span" (which she knows me well enough not to hold me to), I preordered the neutral leopard and the distressed teal which I haven't yet received. 

I have the former TSV top in the pattern very close to that twilight floral cardi you ordered and it's very, very pretty. 

@Tissyanne  Awwww...I'm so very sorry about your mom.   I know it's been hard for you recently.  It's very sad losing a parent (both of mine are deceased).  My condolences.

As for the show, Amy really ticked me off last night being so ill-prepared.  She kept not knowing the color names - even of the TSV - there's really no excuse for that if she had read her product cards before the show and prepared.   I almost turned the TV off when she started doing that chicken dance thing (Lori had never heard of that dance).  That put me over the edge in terms of that host.   We don't get necessary product info (or we get incorrect color names that Lori has to correct her on) and instead she spends time chicken dancing.  Great. Smiley Sad

@Biftu  - I wonder how big a boatload of TSVs they purchased and how many more thousands of presentations of it we'll see before the price goes down lower than the TSV price?  Wanna take bets?   I don't think any of the color choices sold out (I may be wrong) so Q bought a big boatload!   Maybe it'll be a QVC2 deal in the future.....

@Pearlee - I was away but got back last night in time to see the chicken dance -- oh my!  She is truly out of control to the point that it is no longer fun to watch.  Since Lori didn't  know that wedding dance goes to show she attends classier events!  Anyway,  I didn't buy anything, not even the TSV in rayon/span Smiley Happy!  I hope you and everyone who bought it enjoys, but I know you are right that we will see this cardi again and again.  I did receive the long sleeve dresses from last week and while a lot of material, I still like them a lot and know I will wear them often.

@Biftu   So happy you like your dresses, @Biftu.  After I read your reply and because I was returning some things to QVC today via UPS, I tried it on again this morning and my black one still doesn't work for me and is on its way back.  Just too much material in front.  Rather than conforming to my body silhouette, the excess material seems to drape down straight from my bust and it just isn't flattering.  I like the earlier black TSV dress (sleeveless) much better due to its shape.  This new one though is much better for fall and winter than that one is, although I'll wear that one all year round, with a LOGO cardi of some type - or a top over it as Lori shows - in colder weather.  Enjoy your dresses!

Honored Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

@Cumbercookie13, I am saddened that your Mom is battling breast cancer. My Mom did not take chemo or radiation. She did take Ibrance.