Trusted Contributor

Re: LOGO SHOWS SATURDAY 6/24 Four Hours Altogether

Amy just said a few minutes ago that the phone lines aren't working so we should order online. What??? Someone should tell her the website is down too!!! This is so out of hand.

Member Since 11/20/2008
Valued Contributor

I wanted to order the ODO tank in fresh green.  Guess that's not happening!  UGH!

Super Contributor

Fyi I tried the live chat to tell them online ordering wasn't working and that is down too

said to call qvc

Valued Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@aprimo wrote:

I just placed an order online and it gave me this message:

"We're doing some routine maintenance to our online ordering system and are unable to calculate exact S&H costs, Buy More, Save More discounts and/or sales tax on your order. Feel free to continue checking out, placing your order request without interruption. Not to worry; final costs will be reflected on both your bill and in Order Status as soon as possible."

It only gave me the option to choose EZ Pay on one item and when I submitted the order I got this message:

"We're doing some routine maintenance to our online ordering system, but your order information has been received and we'll begin processing it as soon as possible. In the meantime, thanks for your patience, and for shopping with QVC."

I'm curious to see what will happen. I won't be devastated if I don't get any of them. Which probably means I should cancel it anyway. But I want to see what happens when it goes back up.

@aprimo  the last time I placed an order where maintenance was happening and the message said tax would be determined later, I placed the order because it was a LTS with a time limit on it, and I never got the order and it sold out.  There was no record of my placing the order.  Even Mod Melvin here, who tried to assist me, said there was no order ever place.    So...bottom line, if you place an order with tax to be determined later or anything else not definite about the order that's placed during maintenance, it may be lost with no record of it.   I wouldn't do it.

@Same here, @Pearlee. Last time I ordered when there were "technical difficulties" (long time ago), my order was lost in space and no record of it and it had sold out.  I will never do that again.

Super Contributor

@AZ girl I was  going to order that too but couldnt find sizing quide but doesnt matter now

Honored Contributor

Ha!  They couldn't get rid of that tie-dye ruffle hem top that got bad reviews.

Now it's got a reduced birthday surprise price.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee @Pjcab @AZ girl @divine @aprimo

As a trial lawyer, I am wondering how the Q will be compensating the vendors. I also think the hosts get something for the # of sales on their shift. Since the down time can be for a whole day, not a few minutes, significant loss occurs. (Note I am not wondering WHETHER they will be compensated; contractually, they must.)

Valued Contributor

@Pjcab wrote:

@AZ girl I was  going to order that too but couldnt find sizing quide but doesnt matter now

@No, it doesn't apparently.  Doesn't seem like the issues are going to be worked out anytime soon, especially considering it's been happening on and off (mostly on) for a few days now.  Did you try calling QVC, @Pjcab?  Just curious if you got through on the phone line?

Honored Contributor

@Pjcab wrote:

I got this message when I tried to sign in

We're sorry, the system could not process your request as the service is unavailable. Please try again later, or contact Customer Service at 1-888-345-5788 for more information.

I just can't believe that Amy isn't addressing this as it seems no one can order. She just keeps babbling on about expiring prices, free shipping etc.

@Pjcab Yes that's the same message that I keep getting.  I agree that it's frustrating how AMY keeps babbling on about ordering online. It's a bit insulting to those who order online all the time by saying something along the lines of "learn how to do something new"

I was also intereested in the OTO tank and wanted to see a measurement chart...well maybe it's just not meant to be.  I certainly have enough clothes!

Valued Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Ha!  They couldn't get rid of that tie-dye ruffle hem top that got bad reviews.

Now it's got a reduced birthday surprise price.

@LOL!  I'm not interested in that one either, @Pearlee!  Not a good look for me as I've got enough going on around my middle section and don't need ruffles to add to it!