Honored Contributor

Re: LOGO SHOW MONDAY JAN. 18, 2016

@Debzzz wrote:

Any of you Logo experts out there have any info on the gorgeous top Lori's style correspondent is wearing in the pic on Lori's blog post on the forum? It's shades of purple with what appears to be an animal print.

@Debzzz   I think I recognize that garment on Jessie, Lori's aide, but am not sure because I can't quite see enough of it.  I'm thinking it's something from her last year's spring collection which, if Jessie has it on, she's probably bringing it back (maybe in tonight's show?).  It sold out in a millisecond the one time I ever saw it presented.  It's a large animal print and floral tunic top.  It came in purple, pink and one other color I can't recall and had large animal leopard parts to it too. I loved it the moment I saw it and got the purple (although in retropsect I should have gotten the pink).  Anyway, I loved it off me and didn't like it on me and returned it, so someone on waitlist was happy.  It was just too much print and too large - and believe me, I rarely say that.  But on me (I'm 5'3") it was one of those cases where "the garment was wearing me" rather than vice versa.l  The print just overwhelmed me. I still like it, but would not order it again of course.   I think that's it on Jessie but can't be sure.   Again, if she is wearing it though, Lori is probably going to offer it again real soon and rightly so since it sold out in a blink.

BTW - I loved your post in the other forum.  Well said - you stated your point exactly right and I so agreed with the point you were making about the LOGO bashers.   Hugs to your mom.  Mine had dementia before she passed away. It's sad to see someone fade out, believe me I know. And my mother had been a very brilliant woman too, making the loss of her thinking skills especially sad for us.   Smiley Sad 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you for the kind words. My mom is an old school QVC lady and watching the fashion shows is our time, something fun we can do togetherI. I've been getting her into Logo Lounge but she still loves her Joan and Denim and Co. She doesn't want much but when I get my packages she wants my stuff so lately if she shows an interest in something I order it for her And she loves it.

I might have gotten a little emotional in my post but I'm sure you know how it is when caring for loved ones, some days are better than others. That poster caught me on one of the challenging ones.

"The love you extend to others, will eventually find it's way back to you, no matter how many times it has left you hurt."
Esteemed Contributor

@Debzzz, my mom was 63 when she passed 28 years ago. How I wish she were still here to pamper and love! You are a shining light in your mom's life, how I wish I could share days with my mom! Blessings to you both. Heart

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

I bought the twinset in shale and whatever that orangey color was. The tank will prob hang in my closet, but I will get a lot of use out of the shale top.

I guess I was the only one who liked the cash vest. I bought her woven top in auburn last year, just love it, as does everyone who has seen it, so not typical Logo. Looks great with blonde. Actually had a gf ask me where I got it so she could order in black, had never heard of Q, ha.  I think the vest would be cute with it, even in spring. It's not really a too autumn color. I guess it depends on where u live. Thinking about the vest.

i thought the cardi looked good on the petite people, too short on those as tall or taller than I.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Valued Contributor

That was a nice color in the vest (auburn). I am just not a vest person. I bought a couple of really cute ones from J Jill and never wore them. I'm sure it will be cute on you, just not my thing.

I'm 5"6" I hope the color block cardi looks good on, it's not my usual style, trying to branch out and look a bit more polished. My go to look for so long has been jeans, sweater and boots. Like my Mom always tells me when I'm on the fence... if you don't like it you can send it back lol. 

Wow @MaggieMack your Mom was so young! When we're having one of those bad days I remember how some people no longer have their Mom with them at all and it helps keep me grounded. You are good to remind me how blessed I am.

My Mom just turned 80 and every day together is precious. it's funny over the years she bought me so many nice things on QVC. (Mom was really into buying Eternagold and Silver) it's so fun to be able to spoil her now. She didn't see anything she wanted tonight. Maybe that will happen to me some Logo show but it's hard to imagine lol.

"The love you extend to others, will eventually find it's way back to you, no matter how many times it has left you hurt."
Respected Contributor

@Debzzz. Cherish every moment that you have with your mom and continue to spoil her every chance you get.  @Pearlee. I also lost my mom to dementia and it was so heartbreaking.  

Honored Contributor

@Trudey wrote:

@Debzzz. Cherish every moment that you have with your mom and continue to spoil her every chance you get.  @Pearlee. I also lost my mom to dementia and it was so heartbreaking.  

Sorry to hear that @Trudey.  Smiley Sad   

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

A272840

I just tried this on and am so pleasantly surprised - I like it very much!

I got the antique gold which was the only one left in my size but was the one I wanted anyway.  It's mostly harvest gold with a lot of gray in the print, and the lace is a very lovely shade  of light harvest gold --- and is really drop-dead beautiful lace (I doubt any "I can get the same thing at Wal Mart" tops as people claim have this wonderful, high-quality, vintage-looking lace, if they have lace at all).  The top is a really good length I think for most heights, and is wonderfully soft and comfortable.  My only critique of it is - and it's minor - that the pockets get lost in the print. I can barely see the pockets at all, so that any expense the manufacturer incurred that was passed on to us consumers to put pockets on this garment (two) shouldn't have been done.  The pockets are prety much a waste since, unlike @kzjohnson's "famous" v-neck tee, these pockets don't "make" the tee and really add nothing to the style since they are so invisible (the print on the pockets makes them blend into the garment).   A minor quibble though. i like this enough to keep my waitlist order for the purple one going.  If I didn't like it, I would cancel it of course, but I realy want that one too!

So....I got my purple OTO from this show that I'd put on waitlist and tried it on today.  I was rather surprise to get my waitlist so quickly.  First, I'll say I do like the antique gold one better and it fits better too. The purple one is cut a little smaller than the antique gold (at least on the two I received).  I like that the antique gold's lace - which is one of the most beautiful laces I've ever seen - is a very bold and pretty color and shows up really wel and "makes" the top.

On the purple one, the lace is beautiful but very light colored purple and doesn't show up nearly as well.  I also think the green part of the print in the purple one should be a bit more muted ...it's not really a favorite shade.   It's pretty though.  I'm not yet sure I'll keep it - I want to try it on again tomorrow before I decide and also try the antique gold one on again, which I didn't today.  I wish the purple of the lace was a bit dark and showed up a bit more.  I think I'm the only one, though, because the customers who reivewed it in the purple all really love it. 

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

A272840

I just tried this on and am so pleasantly surprised - I like it very much!

I got the antique gold which was the only one left in my size but was the one I wanted anyway.  It's mostly harvest gold with a lot of gray in the print, and the lace is a very lovely shade  of light harvest gold --- and is really drop-dead beautiful lace (I doubt any "I can get the same thing at Wal Mart" tops as people claim have this wonderful, high-quality, vintage-looking lace, if they have lace at all).  The top is a really good length I think for most heights, and is wonderfully soft and comfortable.  My only critique of it is - and it's minor - that the pockets get lost in the print. I can barely see the pockets at all, so that any expense the manufacturer incurred that was passed on to us consumers to put pockets on this garment (two) shouldn't have been done.  The pockets are prety much a waste since, unlike @kzjohnson's "famous" v-neck tee, these pockets don't "make" the tee and really add nothing to the style since they are so invisible (the print on the pockets makes them blend into the garment).   A minor quibble though. i like this enough to keep my waitlist order for the purple one going.  If I didn't like it, I would cancel it of course, but I realy want that one too!

So....I got my purple OTO from this show that I'd put on waitlist and tried it on today.  I was rather surprise to get my waitlist so quickly.  First, I'll say I do like the antique gold one better and it fits better too. The purple one is cut a little smaller than the antique gold (at least on the two I received).  I like that the antique gold's lace - which is one of the most beautiful laces I've ever seen - is a very bold and pretty color and shows up really wel and "makes" the top.

On the purple one, the lace is beautiful but very light colored purple and doesn't show up nearly as well.  I also think the green part of the print in the purple one should be a bit more muted ...it's not really a favorite shade.   It's pretty though.  I'm not yet sure I'll keep it - I want to try it on again tomorrow before I decide and also try the antique gold one on again, which I didn't today.  I wish the purple of the lace was a bit dark and showed up a bit more.  I think I'm the only one, though, because the customers who reivewed it in the purple all really love it. 

After the screw-up with the item not being available online, I was only able to get the purple on waitlist and I assumed I would never actually get it. But amazingly, I did get it! I wore it last week and I love it. A woman practically accosted me in the cafeteria at my office, going on about how much she loved the blouse and it was in her favorite colors. I told her where I got it, but that unfortunately it was sold out already. I like the green and the purple together. It might be a slightly ususual color scheme, but I think it works.

Honored Contributor

@aprimo  Thank you for posting here because I'd meant to come back to this thread.  I did try my purple on again after I posted and, although I do still like the antique gold better, I did like the purple better - enough to keep it.   I'm so glad to read about your compliment, and how much you like yours.   It makes me think I made the right decision by keeping it.  It also fit better too - I probably had pulled it on wrong the other day - I was in a bad mood altogether the first time I tried it on.    Yeah, waitlist delivered quickly - people must have canceled their orders or not sent their checks in from the first airing.

Now I'll think about your post whenever I wear the purple one.  It's too cold here where I live to wear my two yet.  Brrrrrrr.   I'm wearing heavy wool!