Valued Contributor

Re: LOGO SHOW MONDAY FEB. 8, 2016

@Trudey Congrats on your weight loss! That is quite an achievement, I know you must be proud of yourself! I started on my weight loss journey in August and I have lost 45 lbs. Ideally I would like to lose another 15 lbs but it's coming off much slower now and that's ok, I'll get there eventually. All I know is I feel so much better now, I have my blood sugar under control and rarely have cravings these days. What a difference in my life and a great excuse to get a whole new wardrobe which I am having so much fun buying.

i know what you mean about a plain top. I love my slub knit handerkerchief hem top in willow. plain and fitted, very versatile. I was eyeing the top you purchased in blue also. Thanks for the great review, I am ordering now. Has that top been presented yet?

"The love you extend to others, will eventually find it's way back to you, no matter how many times it has left you hurt."
Respected Contributor

@Debzzz.  Congratulations on your weight loss too!  I agree about feeling so much better.  I still want to lose 20 more pounds, but like you, it is coming off very slowly now.  The top I ordered has been presented and has a video posted.  Did you go up in size on the slub handkerchief top?  I really like it, but didn't order when presented and I think most sizes are gone now.  Which color did you get?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I finally tried on the pink OTO French terry hooide. A273380  I had so much trouble deciding what color and what side to order because this one did look narrower than her usual hoodie and I knew the sizes would sell out so I couldn't exchange it.  I went with my regular size medium and that was the right choice.  It is slightly narrower in the body but not a problem and also it's likely that I may wear nothing or only sleevless tanks underneath (if nothing I'll leave the  zipper unzipped near the top to make a "V" neckine)  so I won't have much bulk under it anyway.  

The pink was the right choice for me - I was down to the pink or mocha.  It's a very, very light pink but enough to see it's pink, and I think esp. pretty for spring.  @MaggieMack I'm surprised you said on another thread that the pink matches your new ankle pants perfectly because it's such a pale pink - glad it does though).  The material is exceptionally soft; even though Lori's French terry is always exceptionally soft, this is even softer.   And I think it's a lighter weight so it'll be good for early spring.  When I first tried it on, my first glance in the mirror told me "too busy" about the print.  But as I wore it for several minutes I really liked it - esp. the pink background with the dark brown and the unusual nature of the print.  Not too busy at all.  I probably would have preferred a very dark brown lace to what appears to be black (unless the lighting in my house is really "off")  but oh, well.  It's all very pretty.  

Like you, MaggieMack, I certainly did not need another one of Lori's French terry hoodies, but I am glad I got this one, esp. since the price has gone up even more after the OTO price ended.     

Oh, I almost forgot.  Where the slits are in the fabric on each side at the bottom, my two slits are not lying down property.  I think it may just be an issue of steaming it to press them down on each side (nothing else is wrinkled though).  That bottom edging of the print may have been folded upward in shipping - I didn't notice when I unpacked it.  If worse comes to worse and the steaming doesn't help, I can always tack them down with a couple of stitches into the lace to keep those slit edges from turning up.  It's not a deal breaker and is something very minor.   It's just that for  this price, I don't want to have to get out needle and thread, so I hope steaming them down will do the trick.

Valued Contributor

A273380 Zip Front Hoodie discussed on this thread popped up in a size Medium in Mocha. I really wanted to try it as everyone seems to like it and it is beautiful. I got the medium and hope it fits. I was waiting for it and there it was......Yeah!

Respected Contributor

@Mellie2 wrote:

A273380 Zip Front Hoodie discussed on this thread popped up in a size Medium in Mocha. I really wanted to try it as everyone seems to like it and it is beautiful. I got the medium and hope it fits. I was waiting for it and there it was......Yeah!

@Mellie2   Glad you were able get the new hoodie.  I've been watching for it too, since the reviews have been so good.  I just ordered the pink in medium.  I hope it fits.