Valued Contributor

Re: I really wish Lori would stop saying this!

I love Lori and I love Fall.  Doesn't bother me that she says that.  What bothers me is that she says everything is "perfect for everyone".  We all know that's just not true .  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

I like Fall too. Just wish it last longer. Most of the time it goes from hot to cold with not much Fall. The colors of the trees changing is so beautiful. We don't like the leaf raking either. LOL!!! Not really funny since we have been raking all year long with a couple of the neighbors dying trees.

@Nightowlz 

Are you my neighbor?....lol....  My trees have been dying and all summer I have been saying it is fall here in my yard.  I don't know if we are infected by the longhorned beetle  that has invaded us here in NJ or  if my all landscaping shrubs are  just very old...lol

Next spring I will have to redo everything......sigh

@MalteseMomma 

No. I'm in Ok. Their trees have been dying for a couple of years now. The neighbor next door already had two trees cut down to stumps which are just a little lower than roof height. Neighbor behind us had part of her tree come down on our new fence so I reported her so she should would have to remove it. They only made her remove what they said was the dead part. I think these trees have some type of disease & will eventully die. The leaves come back in the summer only to start dying off with the leaves falling off. You can see all the dead parts. The bark is peeling on some.

I don't understand why someone would leave a dying tree in their yard. They are only asking for problems when it storms. Wonder what they think they are going to do when it ends up going through their roof?

Respected Contributor

Maybe Lori hasn't heard of the new fall delicacy, Pumpkin Spam!   🤣

Honored Contributor

LOL, sorry gals, odd man out here.

I am with Lori!

To me, Fall is only a sign that my beloved Summer is over...and I probably missed all the beautiful weather by working!  Dang job!  LOL

I love Fall and Winter clothes cuz they allow me to hide all my issues....long cardis, high boots, leggings...

but the Season itself?  No thank you.  It is mostly rain around here, grey skies, dark and dreary and sometimes winter shows up in October!  I am ALWAYS cold!

I should live in Florida or AZ!

Respected Contributor

I love summer.  We are all different.  It heats up my joints.  More pain in fall and winter.

Honored Contributor

Could it be a sales tactic?  Many like Fall clothing better than other seasons.  In other words; although, many love the falling leaves, cooler weather, etc, they like the clothing best.  So, here it is, buy it.  

Honored Contributor

I love fall too!  To me the only bad thing about it is that winter is not too far behind!

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Could it be a sales tactic?  Many like Fall clothing better than other seasons.  In other words; although, many love the falling leaves, cooler weather, etc, they like the clothing best.  So, here it is, buy it.  

@Foxxee   I don't think so.  And it's off-putting the way she says the clothes are the only good thing about fall, to those of us who love fall.  Lori has long said summer is her favorite season so she doesn't like fall except for the clothes (she loves all clothes).  I don't see if it's supposed to be a sales tactic, how it is one since it's off-putting to some of us and I don't see how it helps make a sale.  But that's me.

Respected Contributor

What a silly thing to say!  I don't watch her shows much because whenever I do I mostly just sit and shake my head  . . .

I love Fall except for the shorter days and impending snow/icy weather. 

Esteemed Contributor

Here in upstate New York, fall is spectacular. Clothes? Jeans and sweatshirts are de rigueur.