Valued Contributor

Re: I dont see so many SOLD OUT on Logo items anymore

I too am suffering from too much LOGO.  A few years ago, when LOGO was first - and sparingly - presented, I usually bought 2 tops on Monday nights.  I was excited about the colors she was presenting and I wanted one of each in different styles.

Now I am much more discriminating.  I only buy items that really "grab" me or that I think I need as a complimentary piece.  I agree the prices are just getting ridiculous.

I check "as is" every day, but I rarely see anything new.  The clearance items aren't really bargains.  I also check Zulily almost daily for LOGO items and I haven't seen anything new in weeks (maybe months).

Respected Contributor

yes, shes out priced herself and SG is doing the same. you can go into any store now and get the same thing for 24.99 and on sale for 19.99

Respected Contributor

Over priced and over done.

Respected Contributor

Some LOGO  is cute.  I do not see people walking around dressed in LOGO professionally or casually at least in Chicago. I own 3 black v neck, 3/4 sleeves, shark bottom that I wear to the gym over spandex yoga pants when I feel fat.  I obviously prefer more structured clothing.  I do think LOGO is very expensive. I never watch the LOGO shows.  When I do see a piece of clothing presented, I am always shocked at the high price. Also I know when I wash my 3 LOGO tops, I put them in Lingerie bags, delicate cycle, color fast Woolite and dry flat.  If I washed them normally, I think they would fall apart.

Honored Contributor

@culebra wrote:

Some LOGO  is cute.  I do not see people walking around dressed in LOGO professionally or casually at least in Chicago. I own 3 black v neck, 3/4 sleeves, shark bottom that I wear to the gym over spandex yoga pants when I feel fat.  I obviously prefer more structured clothing.  I do think LOGO is very expensive. I never watch the LOGO shows.  When I do see a piece of clothing presented, I am always shocked at the high price. Also I know when I wash my 3 LOGO tops, I put them in Lingerie bags, delicate cycle, color fast Woolite and dry flat.  If I washed them normally, I think they would fall apart.

@culebra What does this matter?

Respected Contributor

I gotta say it is over-saturation.  I love the pieces I have, but I think I have enough now.   And, the price, of course,  I only did as-is, clearance, or lunch time specials.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@Roxie Pokie wrote:

Good point. But as we know the prices are really getting hight. just a french terry that other day with a tank was 97.00  But i just pass them by and wait for something i think now is worth it. I wish ladies on this thread would post some photos of their outfits they put together. I think it would help others get ideas. I will have to get a couple of my favorites and post them.

What is your thought?  

I don't think that posting pictures here would do anything except draw criticism. I know how to put my outfits together the way I like them. I think most of us do. Just my opinion. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I love my Logo...I've been purchasing since nearly the first day when I picked up A202259 in hunter green. Smiley Happy

I just recently "returned" to normal life after having a 1 1/2 week "staycation" and while I was busy enjoying other things beyond my daily routine I pretty much stayed away from buying clothing for myself or even looking really.

What I found was not shocking and confirmed that I think I'm saturated with Logo.  Not that I'm done, but I've gotten one cardigan and 2 tanks in the last 2 months.and for the  last 2 weeks I haven't even missed window shopping;

Some of you that may know me know that I take Logo and clothes shopping in general hiatus' every so often.  I think this one is well overdue.  I went back to "shopping my closet" since the weather has been toying with pretending to be fall and I'm falling in love with new and old that I haven't had on my body in a really long time if ever.  And since prices have been escalating everywhere, the extra cash has been nice!  Smiley Happy

Contributor

I have to admit yes i also have more than i should have. In fact i have a few items i have only worn maybe 1 time. that tells me i have to much. Yes there is days i pick and return to the hanger and pick again and cant figure out what i feel like that day so end up putting on my NON logo items that i havent worn. Wow. I dont think so much it is Lori that makes up the prices. I think QVC does-if you notice not many items are under 25.00 unless its on a clearance.

I watched a movie JOY and it is about QVC how interesting. Its a new movie but it is on direct TV now not as a pay per veiw.

Off the subject. Sorry

Ladies we all love the Logo items and I just dont know how much more she can come up with except different lace. I still like to shop Logo but dont get me wrong, but like others say-I know pick and choose and really think it over before i purchase. I will put it on my wait list until maybe a 5 easy pay comes along but that sure adds up fast.

I find sometimes they will say sorry that color has all sold out and in the next day window shopping that color is still avail. Maybe people canceled but i have seen that happen with Gili purses and Logo.

Well, it is Monday so i will turn my computer off and just watch tonight. I just retired and so i need to cut back from ordering. Heck i dont go to work everyday so why keep getting new things. I have my own shop in the closet. LOL

Have a great day and thanks for joining me on my thoughts.

Contributor

I agree, i have gone to Marshalls and come home with several things that i can put with my logo tops and yep maybe 15.00 on a clearance item that is well made. I just dont go out alot and shop anymore but that is probably why I have more Logo than i should it is so easy to shop from TV and on line. 

Have you ever found yourself be in a store and tell yourself that is to high but when its on QVC i dont seem to mind paying the price, its just funny how that happens sometimes.