Trusted Contributor

I Like Some of Lori's Designs, but...

Everytime she has a show I get overwhelmed and confused as to what I should put with what, and women are saying that she makes putting outfits together easier.  Am I trying to put too much thought into it? 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Like Some of Lori's Designs, but...

like she says over and over again.....everything goes with everything......but then again, i don't own any of her clothing...

Respected Contributor

My advice is to not try to put together pieces while shopping.  Buy one or two pieces that you can wear with what you have in your closet; don't try to put it all together during a show.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Valued Contributor

In my opinion, many of the prints and colors she puts together do not go together.  ( Each to their own).    If you like her clothing,  stick with solid colors that you like together.

Trusted Contributor

I love my logo.  But I stick to the solids as someone suggested.  I am not a big person to layer, so I just purchase what I like, what appeals to my figure and go from there.  Yep dont over think it !!! Her designs are meant to flatter and will look great.  If your unlike me and love the bold colors and prints then just go for it, or keep it simple like I do.

Valued Contributor

I don't understand why she and the models always have so many layers on! It looks hot and uncomfortble to me and more expensive to wear two or three layers!

Trusted Contributor

This is just my personal opinion, as good or not as good as any other opinion, but my advice would be to forget what Lori says, and just order a top that you think is cute and wear it with a solid color bottom, or jeans and you will be good to go.

I don't care WHAT she says, everything does NOT go with everything.  Or "anything", not sure what she keeps saying.  And yes, you can wear anything with anything else, but that doesn't make it look right.

I like her items, most of them, taken one a time, but I personally do not think those odd layers are at all appealing, not to my eye anyway.  I don't know where that comes from, I suspect it could be a ploy to just buy more and more of the same kinds of things in different colors, who knows?

I don't know why anyone would make something so complicated out of a simple top choice.....I don't mean you OP, I mean Lori and the hosts who present her things.  It seems crazy to me.

Honored Contributor

I am a plus size woman.  When Lori first came to the Q I ordered a few tops at different times.  Each one was not flattering and they were returned .  After that I didn't order but still liked some of the fashions and styles.  I decided not too long ago to try again as I really liked the look at a solid colored summer top.  I am happy to say it fit good and looks very pretty on.  I did lose some weight and maybe the style is more flattering now for me.  But it is what you are comfortable with and what looks good on you.  I am not a person who layers so if I order again I will just get an item which is fine all alone.  Lori does push the layering and there isn't anything wrong with that but it isn't for everyone and her garments are fine on their own, it is just a matter of taste.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't like her price point.  I would rather see what she has to offer and improvise from another source.  I have done very well with Walmart.  

Esteemed Contributor

They say she is a famous designer,please tell me who/where  she designs for,I have never seen her name anywhere................