Trusted Contributor

Re: I Like Some of Lori's Designs, but...

@Hippiified wrote:

She is a true artist.

That's a joke right?

Honored Contributor

@willomenia wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@willomenia wrote:

@MalteseMomma wrote:

They say she is a famous designer,please tell me who/where  she designs for,I have never seen her name anywhere................

she was a throw away from project runway years ago. not really sure how far she made it. 

@willomenia  She's been a stylist for many, many years.  I think before Project Runway was ever on TV.  Are you sure of your info?

I watched her on the show, but all I remember is seeing her, and I know she didn't  win. She might have done something for another designer before going on runway. 

Are you sure it was her?  I don't know why she would be on that show since she was already a successful stylist before Project Runway and probably older than most of the other contestants.  Lori is in her early 60s.

Respected Contributor

@willomenia

Not a joke by any means.

I also suggest that you look her up.

Honored Contributor

@willomenia wrote:

@Hippiified wrote:

She is a true artist.

That's a joke right?

@willomenia   If she was on Project Runway ... it was as a judge!

From an article in 2016

BEFORE SHE BEGAN selling her own designs on QVC in 2009, Goldstein was one of the fashion world’s most imaginative and prolific stylists. In her 2013 monograph, Lori Goldstein: Style is Instinct (Harper Design), she described her job as a “dream catcher. A conjurer of fantasy. A partner to the photographer, to the subject, to the moment.”

For more than 25 years, she turned moments into indelible images in collaboration with star photographers like Annie Leibovitz, Steven Meisel, Bruce Weber and Mario Testino for magazines including Allure, Italian Vogue, Vanity Fair and W. She helped create iconic ads for American Express, The Gap and Versace. She also styled runway shows for designers such as Isaac Mizrahi who, coincidentally, has his own QVC spot right after her weekly one-hour show on Monday nights at 8pm.

http://lipulse.com/2016/08/25/lori-goldsteins-transition-magazines-qvc/

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA  Thanks for posting. I knew Lori far pre-dated Project Runway.

Valued Contributor

I suggest buying one of her wonderful print tops and pair with solid pants.  Her prints are true artistry.  I don't layer like she does...in the winter I will put a tank on and I will wear her twin sets.  I coordinate all my colors and don't throw anything and everything together.  I love prints but I also am plus size and I invariably drop food or salad dressing or whatever I am cooking on my tops so I like prints so I can blot clean which is not possible with the solid tops.  I've switched most of my wardrobe to LOGO and could not be happier.

Super Contributor

@MalteseMomma

She was and still is not a famous designer. She was a stylist for years, working with magazines etc as a stylist for clothing.  She is QVC s "famous designer", which happens to be Amy's line week after week.