Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 641
Registered: ‎03-04-2017

Re: I Like Some of Lori's Designs, but...

Actually, they really dont go together. In her last show with Amy, where Amy was wearing the maxi dress and the tunic top of that dress made me laugh so hard. Shes this tiny woman and she looked like she was wearing multiple sacks that she disspeared in. Sorry but it doesnt ring my bell. I cant imagine anyone going out like without looking put together. I know she says that everything goes together but i guess everyone has their own style. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Super Contributor
Posts: 494
Registered: ‎09-09-2012

Re: I Like Some of Lori's Designs, but...

Because we all know everything Does NOt go with Everything, unless you want to look like Lori.

Occasional Contributor
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎05-02-2018

Re: I Like Some of Lori's Designs, but...

She is a famous stylist, which is different than a designer.  I don't think that she designed clothes until her line on QVC.  A stylist helps to put together looks for famous people, ads, photo shoots, etc.   Her resume is quite extensive as to who she has worked with during her career.  I would not always put together everything that she does on the air, but it does give ideas to those of us with not creativity or fashion sense.  I like her quirky creative style and personality!

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,094
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: I Like Some of Lori's Designs, but...


@INDIANA BONES wrote:

@MalteseMomma I am with you regarding wanting to know what Famous designer name she sells under in high end stores.  BTW...we have 2 Maltese (was 3 but one passed last year).    


Moroco,how did you ever survive the loss?  My heart is captivated by my little Maltie.  It took me over a year to actually love him ,after the death of my Corgi ,Barkley but  ,OMG, i do not know how I ever lived without him.He is my total life <3  They are the most HUMAN of any dog I have ever loved and believe me at 80 there have been many  <3

 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,030
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: I Like Some of Lori's Designs, but...


@MalteseMomma wrote:

They say she is a famous designer,please tell me who/where  she designs for,I have never seen her name anywhere................


*******

She was never a designer.  She was a "stylist" before she came to QVC.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Honored Contributor
Posts: 37,218
Registered: ‎06-11-2011

Re: I Like Some of Lori's Designs, but...


@Thebig I wrote:

Because we all know everything Does NOt go with Everything, unless you want to look like Lori.


@Thebig I  We do not "all" know that.  I think you can only speak for yourself. Smiley Sad  You certainly don't speak for me or what I "know."

Contributor
Posts: 27
Registered: ‎07-08-2010

Re: I Like Some of Lori's Designs, but...


@mintedrose wrote:

Actually, they really dont go together. In her last show with Amy, where Amy was wearing the maxi dress and the tunic top of that dress made me laugh so hard. Shes this tiny woman and she looked like she was wearing multiple sacks that she disspeared in. Sorry but it doesnt ring my bell. I cant imagine anyone going out like without looking put together. I know she says that everything goes together but i guess everyone has their own style. 


I thought EXACTLY the same thing when I saw Amy.   I actually felt embarrassed for her.  Do they really believe that petite women will see how Amy looks and think "I want to look like that!"?  No matter how hard they try, Lori and QVC will never convince me that her line works for petites.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,094
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: I Like Some of Lori's Designs, but...

[ Edited ]

@princessduck wrote:

She is a famous stylist, which is different than a designer.  I don't think that she designed clothes until her line on QVC.  A stylist helps to put together looks for famous people, ads, photo shoots, etc.   Her resume is quite extensive as to who she has worked with during her career.  I would not always put together everything that she does on the air, but it does give ideas to those of us with not creativity or fashion sense.  I like her quirky creative style and personality!


 

 

 

 

 

 

@princessduck  I am genuinely  interested to know who she has "styled"  Where can I read her  Resume?  I truly am interested and not questioning her qualifications.

 

I have just never heard of her before  or aside from QVC.....

 

Edited to add:

 

I googled her and found she has "styled  " Jessica Simson,Sex & the City,stars, Ellen ,Madonna and a lot of young musical hotties ..............ok, now I see where her designs come from............should have thought of that (google)  before I asked my question....

 

It is just because they were always saying   "FAMOUS"  and I wondered  to who????  Because, I had never heard of her before comming to  the Q

 

 

Super Contributor
Posts: 371
Registered: ‎01-31-2016

Re: I Like Some of Lori's Designs, but...


@MalteseMomma wrote:

They say she is a famous designer,please tell me who/where  she designs for,I have never seen her name anywhere................


I haven't heard of her either until a few years ago. She is a famous stylist, a behind the scenes person, that does major fashion magazines, runway shows, and many celebrities.  She is the stylist that had the idea of  Demi Moore pregnant and nude on the cover of Vanity Fair.  She also has won awards for styling Vogue covers and many others.

Like other posters have said, some of her things are over the top, just look at some wild fashions on the runways during fashion week, and some are not. She designs for all style tastes and not just one group in particular.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 777
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: I Like Some of Lori's Designs, but...

[ Edited ]

GalloM, Sorry - I'm 69,  5 ft 1 inch,   115 lb, and I adore Logo.  I get compliments everytime I wear them.  I'm more attracted to the fashions on Brenda, the model.   You don't speak for all petites.