Honored Contributor

Re: Got the sheer cardigan and TSV

@haddon9. @Biftu. @dulwich. I just tried the tie dye mesh cardis on again and discovered a big negative for a cardi (although not a deal breaker for me because I like them as a top). The material is so silky-ish that the sides, esp at the top, flop when I wear it unbuttoned. So if you want to wear it as a cardi, you need to button the top button (Lori-style) for the sides to stay up and not flop over.

Also haddon9, my violet is indeed about a quarter-to-half size larger than the blue.  BTW, the violet will look fabulous with white pants.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@haddon9. @Biftu. @dulwich. I just tried the tie dye mesh cardis on again and discovered a big negative for a cardi (although not a deal breaker for me because I like them as a top). The material is so silky-ish that the sides, esp at the top, flop when I wear it unbuttoned. So if you want to wear it as a cardi, you need to button the top button (Lori-style) for the sides to stay up and not flop over.

Also haddon9, my violet is indeed about a quarter-to-half size larger than the blue.  BTW, the violet will look fabulous with white pants.  

Still waiting for mine to arrive.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu. OY!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got the twin set and the cardigan in the green and I love them together, however, the longer tank is super tight around the hips, so I can't wear it alone.  If I had sized up, the shorter tank would have been too large.  I did not notice that the cardigan was too large, it seems the same as my other cardis in XS.

I, too notice that the mesh fabric feels different and seems softer to me.  I'm glad that I have at least one other solid tank in this color, though, since I wouldn't have much else to wear with the cardi, given that the TSV solid is too tight on its own. I really wish Lori would stop doing that with her twin sets. It makes me wonder why none of the hosts or models seem to have this issue.  Perhaps they swap to bigger sized solid tanks, because even in the TSV video, the solid tank is long and loose and flowy on everyone. Grrr. Don't they know how this makes us feel?

Honored Contributor

@Suziqzee I've noticed that often when Lori has a twin set one piece like the tank or top is always much smaller in the bust area than the outer piece which is too generous. 

She has a set with a 3/4 sleeve top and vest.  I need the top to be a large but the vest is swimming on me...the medium vest fits perfectly.  Maybe this is done on purpose for "style" but with my figure if I wear something either too tight or too large both make me look bigger and I certainly don't like looking heavier than I need to!

@Pearlee @Biftu @dulwich @1Professor 

My medium cardigan is on its way to me today!!  Will let you know when I can about the fit...

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee @dulwich @1Professor @haddon9   Just received my cardigans.  The blue in the xxs fits me well, but the fuchsia in xs was a bit too large.  I could get away with the xs but, as you said @Pearlee , the sleeves are even longer and just a little too big so back it goes.  It feels like it will be lightweight for the warmer months and the blue will be useful.  It didn't appear to be see through which is a plus.  Glad to have the one I bought.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

@Pearlee @dulwich @1Professor @haddon9   Just received my cardigans.  The blue in the xxs fits me well, but the fuchsia in xs was a bit too large.  I could get away with the xs but, as you said @Pearlee , the sleeves are even longer and just a little too big so back it goes.  It feels like it will be lightweight for the warmer months and the blue will be useful.  It didn't appear to be see through which is a plus.  Glad to have the one I bought.

@Biftu. I'm happy you are pleased with at least the one. I agree with your description of its  usefulness. Do let me know if you find the "flop down unless you button top button" issue when trying to wear as a cardi.  Was the pink one pretty (my 2nd one is violet not pink). 

Respected Contributor

@Biftu   These days, I decide that any time anything works, I get to celebrate.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu @1Professor @Pearlee @dulwich ,  I received my cardigan in the medium today and slipped it right over my head instead of unbuttoning it.  There is no button gap across the bust (thank goodness!) and fits in the body perfectly.  However the sleeves are still way too long.

When I did unbutton it and tried it as an open jacket, yes it flopped a bit but it wasn't too bad since it fit me so much better....I'm going to keep the medium and return those that I picked up in the large.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@Biftu @1Professor @Pearlee @dulwich ,  I received my cardigan in the medium today and slipped it right over my head instead of unbuttoning it.  There is no button gap across the bust (thank goodness!) and fits in the body perfectly.  However the sleeves are still way too long.

When I did unbutton it and tried it as an open jacket, yes it flopped a bit but it wasn't too bad since it fit me so much better....I'm going to keep the medium and return those that I picked up in the large.

@haddon9  Thanks so much...good to know! I'm glad you ordered the medium. Now I have to think what I want to do about the larger-than-the-blue violet.