Respected Contributor

Re: Got the sheer cardigan and TSV

@Pearlee   Glad you are happy with your cardigans or cardigan if you send back blue!

Yes mesh does seem totally different but then I find this with some TSV's they are always a tad 'different' size wise, material, etc., not in always a bad way but different.

I could easily get into medium or large - going by suze I ordered.   -   Question.   - is it worth going on waitlist for a different size cardigan?  Checked and all colours in my size on waitlist just wonder if it would ever materialize in time for summer!

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee   After only trying it on, doubt lingered. 

Didn't really love the texture (you mentioned it).

Returning the cardigan.

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@Pearlee   Glad you are happy with your cardigans or cardigan if you send back blue!

Yes mesh does seem totally different but then I find this with some TSV's they are always a tad 'different' size wise, material, etc., not in always a bad way but different.

I could easily get into medium or large - going by suze I ordered.   -   Question.   - is it worth going on waitlist for a different size cardigan?  Checked and all colours in my size on waitlist just wonder if it would ever materialize in time for summer!

@dulwich  Yes you should go on waitlist. What size did you order that didn't work? 

I think I'll keep the blue also after looking at them all again. The green one has quite a bit of almost-white too and I think it looks more like clouds in the sky in the blue one which I'm OK with, and I like the way it looks with blue jeans.  I like the coverage I get because it is a bit longer than I thought. I think it is very useful being able to wear buttoned up as a top or as a little jacket. If you want to wear as a top make sure to get a size so buttons won't gap.  I decided to keep both because aren't as pricey as I thought they were.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I received the purple/lilac yesterday in my regular size which is a large.  Since there was a medium available and not on waitlist I decided to order it in the purple to see how the fit will be.  I can slip the large over my head without unbuttoning it.  So before I get my too long sleeves shortened I want to see how the medium is going to fit.

@Pearlee   I also really like the purple/lilac color and agree that it really depends on color placement.  I have a big patch of white along the buttons on my black one which I only really noticed after trying it on yet again.

@dulwich   I have a feeling that there will be plenty of returns over the next few weeks due to sizing.  Hope you can find a better fit!

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@Pearlee   After only trying it on, doubt lingered. 

Didn't really love the texture (you mentioned it).

Returning the cardigan.

@1Professor  Agree about the texture/hand which did surprise me since I had felt the mesh top in person. I did like the feel on my body though, so I "got over" how it felt to the touch.  I'm glad @dulwich  agreed it was different.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9  Please do let me know how the medium fits you since I'm in a similar boat.  I am concerned about bust gap when buttoned.  As I wrote above, the Violet fits larger than the blue (on my two anyway).

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee Interesting....all three of mine fit the same. However I have certainly gotten items that did have a different fit even though they were the same make, model & size.

I'll let you know how the medium fits.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

First off A395061 is the item # for the cardi so people can find this thread by searching the forums. I didn't get the TSV so I don't know that item #.

I got the blue and purple (Violet I think it was) choices in the cardi and tried them on today. I really like them both and, to my surprise, like the Violet one better!  Also to my surprise they do run large; I bought size large but could fit into the medium also, although in the blue one (the Violet one is larger than the blue) I'd be concerned about a possible gap in the bust when buttoned up if I'd have gone with the medium.  I'm OK with the large esp in a cardi, although I will wear this buttoned up as a top often. Another surprise is it's longer than I expected from the measurements (I don't think the length measurement is correct online).

The sleeves are quite long as I could tell in photos/video before purchasing but they look fine pushed up and they stay up fine.  I tried them on with a nude bra and could not see through them.  The material feels different to me than her mesh tops (do you agree @dulwich ?)  Thicker more tightly woven mesh and feeling more polyester-ish IMO.  @1Professor  and @Biftu  The Violet one goes with our fuschia tie dye pants, although I'm not sure I'd wear such head to toe tie dye!  Just FYI though.

I'm considering returning the blue one. I really do like it but as I say, like the purple better (both have very vibrant colors)  and I do already have quite a few garments in that blue (I probably should have gotten the green) and there are two big  places in front in the blue  that are almost white. They aren't bad and I could live with them, but I am not thrilled with them.  So I'm thinking about whether to keep the blue.

These cardis are really cute tops or summer throw-on jackets. Did you get yours yet Biftu?

@Pearlee  Surprised they run large.  For some reason I thought maybe in that fabric that wouldn't be the case.  I haven't received mine yet, so we'll see if the one I got in xs will be too big.  Glad they worked out for you, but we know all too well how you can sometimes get one with not the best color placement. Not a deal breaker, but still.  I'll let you know how they work out once I get mine.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee  I am normally large in Logo but went up to xl and it just does not feel good.  
Judging by how large mine is I wonde if the large would work!  Maybe medium would be better as they seem to be kind of relaxed fit.   What size did you order?  

On the whole I think @haddon9  maybe right to wait and see comments/returns -  all this wondering about sizing has put me off a bit and something else may appear.  I do like it though!

Honored Contributor

@dulwich  Please see in my first post what I said about the  sizing on me.   Also it would be good to wait and see what Haddon says about the large she has and the medium she just ordered.