Honored Contributor

Got the sheer cardigan and TSV

Two of the cardis came today...the black & blue.  I ordered my regular size and they are both very generous.  I could have gone down a size.  However I do like them a lot and will keep them. 

The sleeves are ridiculously long.  They go down to my fingers but I have short arms.  I plan on shortening them to 3/4 sleeves which I prefer for warmer weather.  

I got the TSV in the Pearl to wear under the cardi.  It's a great neutral color that goes with everything.  Going by the size chart I ordered both my regular size and one size up since I was afraid that my regular size would be too small across the chest.  The regular size fits fine.

Respected Contributor

Re: Got the sheer cardigan and TSV

@haddon9   Love your success!

I got the cardi in blue, I had ordered UP to medium and SO glad I did. Wore it with the top button fascinated ala Lori. So silky, it easily falls over anything, which some of her cardigans do not.

Returned the TSV, just not my thing.

Honored Contributor

@1Professor Thanks!  Glad to hear that it works well for you too! Smiley Happy I'm on the fence about the TSV.  I like the pearl color but have so many solid tanks that will work well with the cardi.  Mine might be going back too.

Respected Contributor

@haddon9 

My brain on a Logo return:

"Oooo, then I have $$ for a new April reveal!"

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

I'm happy you ladies like the cardis; my two should come tomorrow.  @haddon9. I did think the sleeves looked very long but certainly didn't think the cardi looked like it ran big so that in your post surprised me.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

I'm happy you ladies like the cardis; my two should come tomorrow.  @haddon9. I did think the sleeves looked very long but certainly didn't think the cardi looked like it ran big so that in your post surprised me.

@Pearlee Maybe I lost some weight!  Smiley Happy I've been trying but I haven't weighed myself and I doubt it's been much.  Yes it is a bit large. Let us know what your thoughts are when you do receive it.

Respected Contributor

My blue cardigan plus matching tanks arrived.  Unfortunately, I ordered up in both - hence all, I feel too big!

Love the cardigan and I could get away with it but it feels, to me, too sloppy and sleeves made for gorilla!  Tanks same.

Wish there was more consistency  with sizing as it is disappointing when all sold out - but back they all go.  Lesson learned!  More new to come I am sure.

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

My blue cardigan plus matching tanks arrived.  Unfortunately, I ordered up in both - hence all, I feel too big!

Love the cardigan and I could get away with it but it feels, to me, too sloppy and sleeves made for gorilla!  Tanks same.

Wish there was more consistency  with sizing as it is disappointing when all sold out - but back they all go.  Lesson learned!  More new to come I am sure.

@dulwich  Sorry they didn't work out for you. Still waiting on my 2 mesh cardis which have been sitting at my local  P.O. for a couple of days.

Honored Contributor

First off A395061 is the item # for the cardi so people can find this thread by searching the forums. I didn't get the TSV so I don't know that item #.

I got the blue and purple (Violet I think it was) choices in the cardi and tried them on today. I really like them both and, to my surprise, like the Violet one better!  Also to my surprise they do run large; I bought size large but could fit into the medium also, although in the blue one (the Violet one is larger than the blue) I'd be concerned about a possible gap in the bust when buttoned up if I'd have gone with the medium.  I'm OK with the large esp in a cardi, although I will wear this buttoned up as a top often. Another surprise is it's longer than I expected from the measurements (I don't think the length measurement is correct online).

The sleeves are quite long as I could tell in photos/video before purchasing but they look fine pushed up and they stay up fine.  I tried them on with a nude bra and could not see through them.  The material feels different to me than her mesh tops (do you agree @dulwich ?)  Thicker more tightly woven mesh and feeling more polyester-ish IMO.  @1Professor  and @Biftu  The Violet one goes with our fuschia tie dye pants, although I'm not sure I'd wear such head to toe tie dye!  Just FYI though.

I'm considering returning the blue one. I really do like it but as I say, like the purple better (both have very vibrant colors)  and I do already have quite a few garments in that blue (I probably should have gotten the green) and there are two big  places in front in the blue  that are almost white. They aren't bad and I could live with them, but I am not thrilled with them.  So I'm thinking about whether to keep the blue.

These cardis are really cute tops or summer throw-on jackets. Did you get yours yet Biftu?