Respected Contributor

Gorgeous cotton cashmere cardigan

A266762

Ordered this cotton cashmere cardigan in Blackberry/Wild Mushroom.   I love the color and the trim.

I think it runs a little on the bigger side.  I did order down one size.  I wanted it fitted and not so flowy. 

Not sure what I'll wear under it - I have a charcoal t shirt that I think will work with the blackberry. 

It's not new, but it's been on my wish list for a long time. 

Contributor

Re: Gorgeous cotton cashmere cardigan

That is very pretty, enjoy Smiley Happy  Sleeves under cardis bug me so I usually wear a slim fitting tank under them.

Respected Contributor

@BarkLessWagMore wrote:

That is very pretty, enjoy Smiley Happy  Sleeves under cardis bug me so I usually wear a slim fitting tank under them.

If I was wearing it buttoned up, I might consider a tank. 

I have some thin tees that will work perfectly. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Had this sweater home once in the maple.  I didn't care for it and returned it.

I didn't like the hemline trim.  I would have liked it better had the lace been alone or the satin been alone but I didn't like both together.  Also, because the lace was the same color on the maple as the satin behind it, the lace "got lost in" the color of the satin and wasn't very distinguishable from the background which I found disappointing.

Also it did run large as many of the reviews say, so my usual size medium was too large and I didn't like it enough to exchange it for a small, which I'm not sure would have fit.  Also, being only 5'3" it was long and overwhelmed me a bit.  Therefore, I didn't find this item gorgeous.  Good thing we all have different tastes.

Respected Contributor

IMG_2605.JPG

Respected Contributor

The lace matches the sweater perfectly 

The satin looks gray in the photo, but in person is mich prettier.  

Honored Contributor

On the maple one, as I say, the background satin color is very close to the lace color, even more so than in the online photo although even online you can see it's a similar color..  For the price, I wanted the lace to be at least distinguishable -- and noticeable -- against the satin background but it wasn't.   Perhaps some of the other color choices would do that more than the maple.  

For those who have it or are getting it, enjoy it. 

Respected Contributor

@Bri36  I've always thought that was a very pretty cardigan.  I'm happy that you love it.

Respected Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

A266762

Ordered this cotton cashmere cardigan in Blackberry/Wild Mushroom.   I love the color and the trim.

I think it runs a little on the bigger side.  I did order down one size.  I wanted it fitted and not so flowy. 

Not sure what I'll wear under it - I have a charcoal t shirt that I think will work with the blackberry. 

It's not new, but it's been on my wish list for a long time. 

I have always had my eye on that sweater.  It is absolutely gorgeous!  Enjoy.