Honored Contributor

Re: Good Grief!!!!!! Today's Special Value!!!!!!!

Great post, Deb.  I so appreciate your open-mind. I can see the black one with a casual Brighton necklace and straight leg pant or leggings.... out for a casual lunch.  I could also see it on someone running their grandchildren to the park (minus the necklace).  It would be loose and airy which makes it cooler for warmer Spring days for me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Looks like something an ice skater might have worn to compete, oh, say maybe sometime in the 80's... Anyone thinking this is either fashionable or flattering is, well, each to their own, but is deluding themselves...

@stevieb  Clearly you are contradicting yourself in this sentence.  And it's mean.

No @Pearlee, not contradictory at all... Folks are free to their own points of view and to act upon them as they see fit... That doesn't mean the rest of us, me included, need to fall in line... As for 'mean', nope, just honest as I see it... I've said the same thing about 'cold shoulder' tops... Anyone who thinks they flatter anyone, no matter what shape one's arms are in, hasn't taken a hard, honest look... Those who like this top are free to order it, but that doesn't mean alternative opinions are disallowed or that we must all gild this particular lily...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Awful!  What mature woman wants a bunch of ruffles around her hips?  Really?  We aren't little girls - she styles for little girls.  Her clothing line is just the worst.

Honored Contributor

my gut reaction to this top was how unflattering it was on ALL the people modeling it, including Lori G.And Leah this morning really looked too wide in it; and maybe TV does increase that,  but no thank you. I do think the colors are lovely and that is one thing LG does well; her color selection. Just not a fan of all the odd layers. 

Trusted Contributor

UGLY!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not a fan of the TSV and I think the way that peplum is done, the seam at the top of it would catch on everything (especially if you're wearing rings or bracelets, carrying a shoulder bag, etc.).

Definitely not for me, but I hope those who order it enjoy it.

Honored Contributor

@Zefra wrote:

I own some of Lori's designs, but Today's Special Value is the worst TSV I have ever seen since QVC has been on air. I thought fashion is suppose to make you feel confident, attractive, capable, and pulled together. Who would take anyone serious wearing this. This TSV is designed to make a woman look like a ditsy little girl. I don't believe that is the look most women are going for. Lori please empower women, don't make them look foolish.

It's just a top and no one is forcing us to buy it...lol   Calm, down or you'll burst a blood vessel...lol

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Looks like something an ice skater might have worn to compete, oh, say maybe sometime in the 80's... Anyone thinking this is either fashionable or flattering is, well, each to their own, but is deluding themselves...

@stevieb  Clearly you are contradicting yourself in this sentence.  And it's mean.

No @Pearlee, not contradictory at all... Folks are free to their own points of view and to act upon them as they see fit... That doesn't mean the rest of us, me included, need to fall in line... As for 'mean', nope, just honest as I see it... I've said the same thing about 'cold shoulder' tops... Anyone who thinks they flatter anyone, no matter what shape one's arms are in, hasn't taken a hard, honest look... Those who like this top is free to order it, but that doesn't mean alternative opinions are disallowed or that we must all gild this particular lily...

Smiley Wink

@stevieb  First you say "to each their [sic] own" and then you say "but they are deluding themselves."   A direct contradiction, telling me you didn't me at all "to each their [sic] own"

Contributor

Don't care for it myself!!!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

No @Pearlee, not contradictory at all... Folks are free to their own points of view and to act upon them as they see fit... That doesn't mean the rest of us, me included, need to fall in line... As for 'mean', nope, just honest as I see it... I've said the same thing about 'cold shoulder' tops... Anyone who thinks they flatter anyone, no matter what shape one's arms are in, hasn't taken a hard, honest look... Those who like this top is free to order it, but that doesn't mean alternative opinions are disallowed or that we must all gild this particular lily...

Smiley Wink

@stevieb  First you say "to each their [sic] own" and then you say "but they are deluding themselves."   A direct contradiction, telling me you didn't me at all "to each their [sic] own"

Your interpretation @Pearlee, not mine... Too each their own indicates people can feel and do as they wish... I am then free to think they're deluding themselves based on that...

I've long found it best to rely on my own instincts, occasionally seeking opinions from one or two whose opinions I value... Otherwise, the opinions of others aren't a big issue for me, just as mine need not be for those shopping for this item... If my opinion matters to complete strangers, that's by their choice...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...