Valued Contributor

Getting wrinkles out of LOGO

I have two rules of dressing.  1. I wear nothing that needs to be ironed or dry cleaned.  2. Everything I wear has to be as comfortable as a pair of pajamas.  Hence I never wear pants with zippers only pull on pants.  Never tuck anything in.

I recently bought a rayon span tunic that was As is and it was wrinkled.  I put it in my dryer dry, and put in a small handtowel (similar in color) that I had wet with water so it was damp.  I put the dryer on perma press for ten minutes and when I took it out all the wrinkles were gone.  I hung on a huggable hanger.  If I put it in the closet and let it get scrunched but other clothes it will probably wrinkle again but I can spin it again.  This way I never have to pull out an iron.  This trick works for many different kinds of clothes. 

I only make exceptions to my rule for things like special occasions like weddings and such but even then I wear comfortable.

Honored Contributor

Re: Getting wrinkles out of LOGO

Respected Contributor

I don't remember the last time I used an iron, it has to be 15+ years.  I use Joy's My Little Steamer anytime I need to get a wrinkle out.  Fabulous!  I have the full size and a mini size that goes with me.

Honored Contributor

I haven't ironed since 1973.  This old school trick still works......

Run HOT WATER shower until bathroom is well steamed.  Hang wrinkled clothes in the steamed bathroom.  Approximately 30 min - 1 hr, wrinkles fall out.

SIDEBAR:  Before retiring, I use to have the cleaners iron my clothes.  They charged $1 an item to iron.

I miss Chinese laundries.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

This is coming from a senior citizen, but ironing is my absolute favorite thing to do under the category of housework.  Even better since I purchased a Rowenta some years ago.  I find it relaxing and calming.  No idea why!!

Valued Contributor

The suggestions in that thread are not quite what I am saying...this item was dry and wrinkled.  I just spun it in a dryer for ten minutes with a damp cloth.  I also know the trick about hanging in the bathroom and letting it steam but my bathroom is large and does not get steamy enough to get the wrinkles out. I also have joy's steamer but its just another thing to drag out and put away. 

Honored Contributor

@toria wrote:

The suggestions in that thread are not quite what I am saying...this item was dry and wrinkled.  I just spun it in a dryer for ten minutes with a damp cloth.  I also know the trick about hanging in the bathroom and letting it steam but my bathroom is large and does not get steamy enough to get the wrinkles out. I also have joy's steamer but its just another thing to drag out and put away. 

Well then it sounds like you'll need to live with wrinkles.

I use the Rowenta travel-sized steamer.  I keep it on my bathroom counter - it fills with plenty of water to steam out two garments.;  No need to "drag it out and put it away." 

Sorry all our  suggestions were either worthless or too much trouble.

Valued Contributor

Don't take offense at my comments... I am a new poster here..,don't make this board an unwelcome place!!! I was only suggesting what I find to be very easy for me!!! Some people don't have steamers.
Honored Contributor

@toria wrote:

@toria  Well, you did a great job of shooting down everyone's suggestions for you without so much as a "thank you".  to anyone for at least making the effort to help you.

So welcome. 

Valued Contributor

@Perkup: I sure wish you were my neighbor. It would be my pleasure to bring you some relaxation and calm!Smiley Wink