New Contributor

I love the logo tees but am having a little pilling of fabric over the bust area. Any hints on how to prevent this?

Respected Contributor

Is it from your seat belts? If it is, you could always put a cloth between the seat belt & your shirt.

New Contributor

Good thought.. I will try 

Honored Contributor

I have a lot of LOGO and have never had a pilling issue.  Some on the board here have mentioned it and it's possibly due to the type of washing machine they wash in (the new HE (?) washers I think they are called. )  They can be rough on clothes.  I always wash my LOGO turned inside out and in a mesh zippered garment bag and never wash with anything rough or with zippers that can snag the fabric (rayon / span).   

The seatbelt wasn't a bad idea.  Rather than a cloth, I'd put on a light jacket or something while driving if you think that may be the problem.

Esteemed Contributor

I wash mine in my HE all the time without putting them in a fine linens bag, no pilling. The only time I ruined a top it was due to my seatbelt. Several big snags. 

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Regular Contributor

You may not like my answer but I am sharing from personal experience.  If you are more blessed than the rest in the bust area, the pilling is from your arms rubbing back and forth as you move.  I know it sounds crazy!  Since your garments are only pilling in this one area, I don't believe it is the way you do laundry.  Since we are all different sizes this is why some of us Logo Lovers have this issue and others never has the issue.  I do repetitive motions during the day on a computer and get pilling in the same area.   💕

Occasional Contributor

I'm not sure how many know this, but when you have an item of clothing that pills after you wash it & dried it, this usually means that you washed & dried it with something you shouldn't have. For example never wash your shirts & washable sweaters, etc in the same load with a lot of cotton like towels, etc. Towels & other cotton items have a lot of lint on them and the lint will pill on delicate fabrics.

Honored Contributor

Re: Fabric pilling?

[ Edited ]

When I did the laundry my Logo tops pilled, but my husband does the laundry now and they come out beautifully. I know he launders everything in cold water with laundry detergent that comes in a sheet, like dryer sheets.Seat belts and anything that rubs against that type of fabric will make it pill.

Super Contributor

All of my rayon-span LOGO tops get "fuzzy"... not exactly pilling, but close to it. I think it is from wearing necklaces, because it happens in the front and nowhere else. This is really unfortunate, because I love to wear necklaces. I have stopped buying rayon-span unless it is an open front cardigan that won't be in contact with my necklaces. The cotton slub and french terry tops I have seem fine.