Honored Contributor

Difference between two colors

I'm hoping someone can give me help with the colors alabaster and chalk. Can someone describe them both to me? TIA! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Difference between two colors

@beach-mom wrote:

I'm hoping someone can give me help with the colors alabaster and chalk. Can someone describe them both to me? TIA! Smiley Happy

Hi beach-mom.  I own plenty of both.  All  the chalk garments i own are pretty much a pure white. However, I've read many reviews - mostly of the rayon span chalk - from people who have said it has a hint of pink in it - just a bare hint.   However, none of mine do.  I only have one in rayon span; most of the chalk I own is in slub cotton and that has all been white.  People have returned chalk for its hint of pink they claim is in it but again, I've never seen that.

The alabaster I think of as a "warm white" with the tiniest bit of cream in it.  It pretty much looks white, but when you put it next to something that is stark white, you can tell it's gone just a bit of cream to it - or as I say, a "warmer" richer white.  Not as dark as cream or ecru though, not by a longshot.  

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee - TY so much! I've been buying LOGO for so long, I honestly can't remember the shades of white I have. I need to make a list! As a warm person, alabaster would definitely be better on me, although I did order the chalk embellished top last night! (And like you and others, I'm passing on the TSV. I'm just not crazy about the look.) Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom  I hope you like it.  I love all my alabaster pieces.

Remember, different fabrics of Lori's take the color in different ways. One piece can vary in color from the next, in the same color.  And she's all over the map shade-wise with her maples - from very dark to quite light;

I hope you like your top.  Item number?  I'd like to take a look at it.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@beach-mom  I hope you like it.  I love all my alabaster pieces.

Remember, different fabrics of Lori's take the color in different ways. One piece can vary in color from the next, in the same color.  And she's all over the map shade-wise with her maples - from very dark to quite light;

I hope you like your top.  Item number?  I'd like to take a look at it.

@Pearlee - The alabaster one is A288039. I don't think it's been presented with, as I noticed my order just changed to "advance order." I've been stalking this one! Smiley Wink

Last night I ordered A274099 in chalk. I think the insert looks a tad creamier. If it looks good, I'll wear it a lot! Smiley Happy

Please don't be surprised if I come to you for help again. I just have a really hard time figuring out Lori's colors! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom  Very pretty on the one that hasn't been presented yet.  And I posted earlier on today's show thread that I own the one you got in chalk in the chalk also and the coral - got them both AS IS last year.  Love them both.  They are light as a feather and like wearing nothing at all in the hot weather. They are longer which I like.  I'm sure you'll like the chalk one (and I don't see any pinkish in mine at least).  

I'm always glad to help if I can.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@beach-mom

I think of chalk as a very flat white, while alabaster has a glow to it, like ivory but whiter.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee and @LilacTree - Thanks to both of you for your help today! I feel a lot more comfortable about these colors. I missed the show tonight, and it looks like my alabaster tie-dye is still there, but after watching the video I still love it!  Smiley Happy