Honored Contributor

Re: Did anyone else get the Twisted Yarn Coat A283034?

@Justice4all  Thank you.  Smiley Happy

By the way, I never found the arms to be tight at all.  What I said about them was if you went down a size from your normal size to wear it as a shirt, I'd be concerned about the arms because they fit more snugly (to the body) as they are supposed to as a sweater fit.  They are certainly fine in my regular size, as worn as a jacket.  So glad you like it.  I agree; it's not like any other LOGO item I own!

Honored Contributor

There are several reviews of the coat up.  Some say it makes them look like Chewbacca and it sheds (it was for the Chewbacca reason that I canceled my order; I knew I would too, or like a big stuffed bear.)  Others love it.  So, mixed reviews thus far.  

I hope people who post in this forum review it on this thread -  the regulars (not the LOGO haterz that come over) who post in this forum  have credibility with me!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

There are several reviews of the coat up.  Some say it makes them look like Chewbacca and it sheds (it was for the Chewbacca reason that I canceled my order; I knew I would too, or like a big stuffed bear.)  Others love it.  So, mixed reviews thus far.  

I hope people who post in this forum review it on this thread -  the regulars (not the LOGO haterz that come over) who post in this forum  have credibility with me!

@Pearlee: I've reviewed both the coffee bean and fawn here, but want to chime in with the design flaw: those shoulders and the sleeve caps. Not flattering.

I'm slim and it's still not flattering on the shoulders, but I love the design, the material, the tailoring, the 4 pockets (two inside). It's quite beautiful.

Just trying to decide which one to keep. No matter what Jill says, I don't think one needs both.

@1Professor  Huh?  What coffee bean and fawn color? It was maple and black,  didn't have cap sleeves (it's a coat) and what's Jill got to do with it?  LOL!  Are you thinking of a different product?

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee: Yikes. I was talked about the GILI vest and NOT the Logo coat. Sigh. I'm going to take a nap.

Respected Contributor

I received the 8 and 10 in black.  The10 is too big.  The eight looks good on me, but there is shedding.  But it's so comfortable.  I was afraid I'd look like a wookiee and was imagining wearing it for Purim!

Honored Contributor

@Justice4all wrote:

I received the 8 and 10 in black.  The10 is too big.  The eight looks good on me, but there is shedding.  But it's so comfortable.  I was afraid I'd look like a wookiee and was imagining wearing it for Purim!

@Justice4all   So are you keeping it?

I didn't know you are Jewish too, although Purim is such a blast from the past that I don't even remember when that holiday occurs.  I'm totally secular now! Smiley Happy

Since it was the maple I'd cancelled, I would have looked like Chewbacca.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee

I'll keep it unless I find it's a big time shedder.  And I wouldn't spend that much money on a wookiee costume!!

Respected Contributor

@Justice4all @Pearlee

Now I'm worried. Mine doesn't come until Monday. I thought I'd like the twisted yarn bit since I'm a life-long knitter (even took my knitting to court, as a lawyer). However, shedding is not acceptable. Promises future bald patches.

Plus I ordered my regular size, 8, now it appears that's gonna look way to big. Sigh.

Respected Contributor

@1Professor

I'm 5'4" and 110, and the 8 was certainly not too big on me.