Honored Contributor

Chenille Button Front Cardigan With Patch Pockets

[ Edited ]

https://www.qvc.com/LOGO-by-Lori-Goldstein-Chenille-Button-Front-Cardigan-with-Patch-Pkts.product.A3...

Since this was a ODO price and it's $10 more now, I ordered both the black and the henna when it was an ODO, and I received and tried them both on today.  @dulwich  I know was interested in this sweater.   There's good and there's not-so-good.

Both are lovely.  I love the material and the silhouette. I've always loved chenille

ooops continued next post sent too soon.....

Honored Contributor

Re: Chenille Button Front Cardigan With Patch Pockets

[ Edited ]

Part II LOL!

I've loved chenille since I had bedspreads made of it when I was a child.  The chenille in this sweater is soft and the right width or wale, not thin and not bulky. The inside is like very soft tee shirt material, as I think Lori said when it was presented.  Both colors are great and I esp. love the Henna.  Both have black buttons that may be ceramic - they look like ceramic - and the black buttons look better on the black sweater but I'm OK with them on the henna.

The problem is the sleeves are too long on me, as I knew they would be from seeing Amy having them rolled up. And, they are slightly bell-shape.  I do have short arms and they are by no means 7" too long, as one negative reviewer stated.  In fact, I could wear them as is and my fingers would still function fine, but it would be uncomfortable.  And, I'm not loving the look of them rolled up, although I thought it was cute on Amy, because the inside is definitely different and "inside material looking."   It looks as if I've rolled up a sweater that is too long on me.

So....the solution is to have the sleeves shortened if I keep both sweaters.  Hmmmmm. I hate having alterations, not only for the expense but they don't always come out 100%  the way I want them to.

I ordered my regular size medium which is perfect, and it isn't oversized or boxy looking as I thought it looked (oversized) online.  That said, if you are busty you'll need to go up a size for the bustline.   Mine does not gap open at the bustline's buttons but it would if my bust were any bigger.  But going up a size would really make the rest of the sweater quite large.  So if you are very busty you might want to pass on this one.  I'm bustier than I used to be, I'd say I'm a tad over medium busted.  But not large-busted and it's missing straining at the bust by just a tad.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee  Thanks for review.

Do you consider this a jacket or cardigan?  I think the medium would be big enough for me as I am not busty going by your comments and click ons.   However, I do not like the cuff of sleeves rolled over with that different color showing but not a biggie and does not show as much on black colour but I like the henna.  Glad you like yours I am still undecided.

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@Pearlee  Thanks for review.

Do you consider this a jacket or cardigan?  I think the medium would be big enough for me as I am not busty going by your comments and click ons.   However, I do not like the cuff of sleeves rolled over with that different color showing but not a biggie and does not show as much on black colour but I like the henna.  Glad you like yours I am still undecided.

More cardigan than jacket I think.   If you don't like the sleeves rolled over with that different color I don't think you'll be too thrilled with it then unless you have the sleeves shortened.  Of the two of them, I think I like the Henna better.  It does brighten up my pale skin!  Also Lori stated this was an all year round sweater but no..... just fall and winter.  Certainly not for warmer Calif. weather and the material does make it look wintry.  

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for your review of this sweater @Pearlee.  I liked this sweater when it was presented but I felt the price was quite high for chenille.  And yes, the sleeves looked way too long, and if they are on you they certainly would be too long on me as well.  For me turning them back with the different material would not work.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

Part II LOL!

I've loved chenille since I had bedspreads made of it when I was a child.  The chenille in this sweater is soft and the right width or wale, not thin and not bulky. The inside is like very soft tee shirt material, as I think Lori said when it was presented.  Both colors are great and I esp. love the Henna.  Both have black buttons that may be ceramic - they look like ceramic - and the black buttons look better on the black sweater but I'm OK with them on the henna.

The problem is the sleeves are too long on me, as I knew they would be from seeing Amy having them rolled up. And, they are slightly bell-shape.  I do have short arms and they are by no means 7" too long, as one negative reviewer stated.  In fact, I could wear them as is and my fingers would still function fine, but it would be uncomfortable.  And, I'm not loving the look of them rolled up, although I thought it was cute on Amy, because the inside is definitely different and "inside material looking."   It looks as if I've rolled up a sweater that is too long on me.

So....the solution is to have the sleeves shortened if I keep both sweaters.  Hmmmmm. I hate having alterations, not only for the expense but they don't always come out 100%  the way I want them to.

I ordered my regular size medium which is perfect, and it isn't oversized or boxy looking as I thought it looked (oversized) online.  That said, if you are busty you'll need to go up a size for the bustline.   Mine does not gap open at the bustline's buttons but it would if my bust were any bigger.  But going up a size would really make the rest of the sweater quite large.  So if you are very busty you might want to pass on this one.  I'm bustier than I used to be, I'd say I'm a tad over medium busted.  But not large-busted and it's missing straining at the bust by just a tad.

More thoughts after I tried these on again today.

It occurred to me I'd tried these sweaters on against bare skin and I wanted to see how they fit (esp. in the bustline) with something underneath so I put on a long sleeved cotton pima top underneath (in white and there was no fuzzies transferred from the chenille, I assume because the inside of the sweater is tee shirt material). 

Anyway, the tee shirt took up some room and made the sleeves fit slightly higher, but the bustline was still just fine, nothing pulled.  And....there is a small hemline at the ends of the sleeves.  So it occurred to me to try folding  the hemline under once and (see above it red) that made the sleeves do-able!  They are longer than my usual sleeves but definitely will not impede my finger use at all.  So I'm going to tack up the hemline of each sleeve and I think it will be fine.  @Biftu   The sleeves would still be too long for you I think, and I also do agree with your assessment that the sweater is too costly.   But I do love the fabric and style.  I sent some clothes back to Q today and intended to just keep the henna, but the more I looked at the black in the mirror when I tried it on, the more I thought how useful it will be so I kept them both.  I love the length (covers everything I need to without being too long!) and the softness of the sweater and the style. It was just those darn sleeves but I found a solution!  

Although when this sweater gets reduced or I see my size & color As Is, I will be kicking myself for keeping both.

@dulwich 

Honored Contributor

A373330. @Biftu. As I write this there is xxs in the orange and green. I own both those colors and love both. It's a LTS

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee  Thank you for heads up just ordered the henna - liked this top for a long time!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dulwich wrote:

@Pearlee  Thank you for heads up just ordered the henna - liked this top for a long time!

@dulwich  Saw your post and went to look -- don't know why it is still at the LtS price now, but good for you! (Maybe it's an LTS tomorrow too?)  Henna was my first and favorite color but I like the green almost as well.  Runs big. I took a medium and even with my weight gain it's roomy.