Contributor

I think I first saw it on Amy's show; I am certain I saw it

on Shawn's show.  Everytime they showed the TSV, they

put up drastically wrong measurements.  The small was

always bust 36 to 37.  Noooooo!  I got the small and

if you doubled the bust measurement, as only the front

side was given, it was a little over 41 inches.  How 

many of you noticed this?  It's like the plastic water

bottle on Game of Thrones! So wrong.  This was a huge mistake.

I certainly hope too many people didn't take this as true;

they will be sorely disappointed.

Valued Contributor

Perhaps the larger measurement represents the overlap of the button plackets.

Respected Contributor

Oh no!!! Call the mistake police!!!

Honored Contributor

@bibes 

I wonder if the measurements were correct on the item page under “click here” measurement chart. If not than I would call or email customer service to have the inaccurate information changed. This seems to happen frequently.

Happy Friday, 

🦋

Honored Contributor

The description says semi-fitted through bust, and keep in mind that this is a woven fabric. 

So - there would be added wearing ease.

Respected Contributor

Re: Big TSV booboo.

[ Edited ]

If you want to call it a boo-boo, it's a boo-boo QVC has on a regular basis. Quite often what they flash on the TV screen is their standard size chart...this:

https://www.qvc.com/content/fashion/clothing-size-chart-fit-guide.html?redirectTerm=size+chart

It is just a general guide for sizing. I never go by that. Your best bet is the "click here" button on the item page which has the specific garment measurements. For the TSV you are referring to, the measurement for the size small is coming in at 41.5".

When QVC has the specific garment measurements available, I have no clue why they do not use them on air. It makes no sense not to. I guess it's just another one of those head scratcher things we seem to run into here.     

Regular Contributor

@bibes wrote:

I think I first saw it on Amy's show; I am certain I saw it

on Shawn's show.  Everytime they showed the TSV, they

put up drastically wrong measurements.  The small was

always bust 36 to 37.  Noooooo!  I got the small and

if you doubled the bust measurement, as only the front

side was given, it was a little over 41 inches.  How 

many of you noticed this?  It's like the plastic water

bottle on Game of Thrones! So wrong.  This was a huge mistake.

I certainly hope too many people didn't take this as true;

they will be sorely disappointed.

When they show the bust range for size small on the screen (36-37) that means it is intended for a bust size of 36-37. That's not the garment's measurement (aka "click here measurement)

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

If you want to call it a boo-boo, it's a boo-boo QVC has on a regular basis. Quite often what they flash on the TV screen is their standard size chart...this:

https://www.qvc.com/content/fashion/clothing-size-chart-fit-guide.html?redirectTerm=size+chart

It is just a general guide for sizing. I never go by that. Your best bet is the "click here" button on the item page which has the specific garment measurements. For the TSV you are referring to, the measurement for the size small is coming in at 41.5".

When QVC has the specific garment measurements available, I have no clue why they do not use them on air. It makes no sense not to. I guess it's just another one of those head scratcher things we seem to run into here.     

@pupwhipped.  In all my years of watching Q fashion shows, I've never seen them show this size chart as or in lieu of the garment measurements.  They occasionally suggest it as a guide in selecting the correct size.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624, they don't show the size chart per se. But they will show the sizes of a garment on air and if you go to the specific garment measurements on the item page they are not the same. But if you go to their general size chart that is what they are showing. I've seen it done many, many times. I've been online looking at specific garment measurements and look up at the television to what they are showing and they are not a match. I then figured out they are often just giving their "general" sizing for that particular item on air. Highly confusing at best. From what the OP said, it sounds like that is exactly what happened here. JMTC.