Respected Contributor

Best washing machine for washing LOGO

[ Edited ]

I need a new machine with a functional gentle cycle.  Many people recommend Speed Queen.  What do you think?

Honored Contributor

Re: Best washing machine for washing LOGO

Why would it need a special washing machine?

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

OMG  now i have seen it all.............."Best Washing Machine for washing LOGO "  I am speechless....................

Hand wash,you can't go wrong........sigh!

Esteemed Contributor

Please tell us your not going to buy a special washing machine just for your LOGO clothes...good grief.....

Respected Contributor

@circles

Of course not!  I need a new machine pronto and lots of people recommend Speed Queen.  And lots don't.  Our Kenmore stopped spinning and it had a good gentle cycle, but the Speed Queens have a hand wash instead of gentle cycle and some say its too gentle, leaving the clothes soppy.  I don't want to use HE cycle.  Models and model numbers will help.  Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

I have an Electrolux, which I really like, but it does not spin clothes to almost dry when using the handwash cycle.  I think the purpose of the handwash is to keep everything very gentle and spin does not do that.

I originally planned on purchasing a Speed Queen based on recommendations.  It is essentially a commercial washer built for the home user.  When I looked at the SQ, the dealer in our area told me that since I needed a second-floor washer, that SQ was not the washer for me.  Keep in mind that they are very expensive, even the most basic washer.

I think if you just look for a washer with a handwash option that you will be good to go.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

@MalteseMomma

I always hand wash my delicates but several people say they wash by machine, and I need a new machine NOW, so any recommendation would be greatly appreciated!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Justice4all wrote:

@circles

Of course not!  I need a new machine pronto and lots of people recommend Speed Queen.  And lots don't.  Our Kenmore stopped spinning and it had a good gentle cycle, but the Speed Queens have a hand wash instead of gentle cycle and some say its too gentle, leaving the clothes soppy.  I don't want to use HE cycle.  Models and model numbers will help.  Thanks!

@Justice4all  I don't think an HE is a good idea for LOGO either.   I have a Speed Queen and did find the hand wash cycle left the clothes soppy (with too much water in them after the spin cycle).   However, both the delicate cycle and the knit cycle do the job for delicates and certainly for LOGO.  So I never use the hand wash cycle but do use delicate and knit cycles which work exactly the same way for the same purpose.  

I don't know the model number I have.  It works exactly like my old Maytag which lasted me for almost 30 years but is an even better washing machine IMO.  I love mine.  I did freak out early on when I used the hand wash cycle and went back to the dealer who just told me to use the knits cycle or delicate cycle instead.  Bingo. Problem solved.

Mine is commercial quality (laundromat quality) but for residential use.

By the way, I read your post as not going out special to get a washing machine for LOGO but that yours was old and "going" and you were shopping for a new one and you have a lot of LOGO to put into it, hence your inquiry.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have an LG HE set going on their eighth birthday. I have ALWAYS washed my Logo clothes on the "speed wash" cycle and have never had a problem. I dry for 5-10 minutes and then hang to finish drying. I really don't treat my Logo items any differently than regular items except for the drying times.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MaggieMack wrote:

I have an LG HE set going on their eighth birthday. I have ALWAYS washed my Logo clothes on the "speed wash" cycle and have never had a problem. I dry for 5-10 minutes and then hang to finish drying. I really don't treat my Logo items any differently than regular items except for the drying times.

@MaggieMack  I've seen you write that before about your HE.  But, I have known people with them where the machine "eats" the clothes because it is rough on them.  More than one person I know.  So I'm glad you haven't had any problems but IMO @Justice4all  you should read up on these on the 'net.  When I researched buying my washer, I found lots of customer reviews from people who disliked their HE for this reason.  A lot of them didn't keep it more than a couple of years before they traded it in for a Speed Queen of all things.  In fact, reading the customer reviews is where I got the idea to purchase a Speed Queen!

MM, I think the lace trim on LOGOs merits special delicate treatment.  JMO.