Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone else miss the old LOGO?

I agree with everything said here.  It is disappointing because I was kind of late to the brand and when I see the older things, they look so much better than what's currently offered.  I stalk ebay for certain Lori things and have had good luck with finding some of the old things in new condition.  I like tie dye, but gee there's just way too much in the line now.  I do love her cardigans and especially the mesh cardigans with matching tanks.  I have all of them, except I never have been able to find the Tropical green in the first iteration of the mesh cardi.  I also love her solid dresses.  I don't know, I feel like all the good stuff has been done.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, yes, yes!! I do! I have LOGO pieces from years ago (especially LOGO Lavish) that were cute, fit well and stylish. Now it's all weird tie-die, spandex pants, and horrid tops. What happened to them?!! I wouldn't buy anything from that line now. Now I see she sold to Excel. Well that was the downfall of that line. It's awful now. I'd be embarrassed to go on air in those clothes. 

Occasional Contributor

I am disappointed also. She had beautiful clothes. Last summer she had gorgeous sleeveless tops. Fortunately I bought quite a few tops last year. I have found cute tunics in North Style catalogs, if that is helpful.
Frequent Contributor

Agree! While I still like some of her clothes, mainly tops/jackets, the colors/prints are soo unlike her original colors. They were all soft and muted colors. Now, Some are just too over the top for me. Glad she has loyal fans that love the bright colors/large prints.  Just not me. 

Valued Contributor

@KingstonMom Sadly, my Avatar pic is of my former dog - a yellow lab that I loved with all my heart.  Her name was Pinot Grigio.  I lost her to kidney disease.  My Stevie Nix is about 2 years old.  She's a Pom & American Eskimo Mix.  Love her, she's adorable, but not my Pinot.  Thanks for your kind words.

Honored Contributor

what happens to every brand that Q buys, the first few collections are great then it all devolves into the same garments.

Honored Contributor

@busymom22 wrote:

I know I might be in the minority here, but I really miss old LOGO styles.

I own a lot of LOGO mainly from about three to ten years ago.  Back then she did a lot of prints that weren't as tie-dyed or crazy bright prints.  She did more traditional florals and even some nice solid jackets with tanks. I bought a lot of her twin sets too, especially ones where the tank had a print but the top over it was solid. I loved her solid, more "flowy" cardigans that I could pair with a print tank.

There are no longer any twin sets sold (probably due to cost) and everything now has wild prints. I am constantly looking at what is new for LOGO here but am disappointed that the styes now seem so over the top,super neon colors, almost clownish. And the prices now are so high for what you get.

As it is I continue to wear my old LOGO and am careful to cold wash and hang dry only.

Anyone else feel the same?

you could look on the reselling sites to see if there is anything for sale

Respected Contributor

If lori goldstein isn't embarrassed by her new line, why should we embarrass ourselves wearing them?  I have plenty of her old, soft, comfortable stuff.

Respected Contributor

Lori has essentially become the paid television spokesperson for the brand, but likely has little control or input, having ceded that to her employer,  Xcel Brands.

Super Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@busymom22 wrote:

I know I might be in the minority here, but I really miss old LOGO styles.

I own a lot of LOGO mainly from about three to ten years ago.  Back then she did a lot of prints that weren't as tie-dyed or crazy bright prints.  She did more traditional florals and even some nice solid jackets with tanks. I bought a lot of her twin sets too, especially ones where the tank had a print but the top over it was solid. I loved her solid, more "flowy" cardigans that I could pair with a print tank.

There are no longer any twin sets sold (probably due to cost) and everything now has wild prints. I am constantly looking at what is new for LOGO here but am disappointed that the styes now seem so over the top,super neon colors, almost clownish. And the prices now are so high for what you get.

As it is I continue to wear my old LOGO and am careful to cold wash and hang dry only.

Anyone else feel the same?

you could look on the reselling sites to see if there is anything for sale

Funny you said this because that's exactly what I did!

I just bought about 6 items from posh mark and e bay.  Made me happy that a few things were still new with tags.