Super Contributor

Anyone else miss the old LOGO?

[ Edited ]

I know I might be in the minority here, but I really miss old LOGO styles.

I own a lot of LOGO mainly from about three to ten years ago.  Back then she did a lot of prints that weren't as tie-dyed or crazy bright prints.  She did more traditional florals and even some nice solid jackets with tanks. I bought a lot of her twin sets too, especially ones where the tank had a print but the top over it was solid. I loved her solid, more "flowy" cardigans that I could pair with a print tank.

There are no longer any twin sets sold (probably due to cost) and everything now has wild prints. I am constantly looking at what is new for LOGO here but am disappointed that the styes now seem so over the top,super neon colors, almost clownish. And the prices now are so high for what you get.

As it is I continue to wear my old LOGO and am careful to cold wash and hang dry only.

Anyone else feel the same?

Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone else miss the old LOGO?

I couldn't agree more!  What happened to Lori's brand?  I just don't buy anymore.  Back when she first came on the air - over 10 years ago - I loaded up on her shirts, sweaters, jackets, coats, etc.  Now I can't find anything that I would wear.  It's a shame.

Valued Contributor

Lori sold her brand to Excel Brands in 2021.

Trusted Contributor

@Stevie Nix wrote:

I couldn't agree more!  What happened to Lori's brand?  I just don't buy anymore.  Back when she first came on the air - over 10 years ago - I loaded up on her shirts, sweaters, jackets, coats, etc.  Now I can't find anything that I would wear.  It's a shame.

@Stevie Nix 

I love your nic! Love the other Stevie Nicks, too!

Valued Contributor

@KingstonMom Thanks!  That's my dog's name too.

Trusted Contributor

@Stevie Nix wrote:

@KingstonMom Thanks!  That's my dog's name too.

@Stevie Nix 

Your dog is such a cutie! I had to enlarge the pic and what a sweet smile!Heart

Valued Contributor

I couldn't agree more. Rarely buy anymore & when I have end up returning more than I keep. Weird fabrics, wild prints, incessant tie dye, boyfriend jeans only (on HSN, the guy rep for Diane Gilman said boyfriend jeans are OK if your 19!), endless jean jackets, tight arms, same old, same old. Its like she's stuck in a rut of only those certain items & can't create anything new anymore. 

Super Contributor

@snipsnapsnur wrote:

Lori sold her brand to Excel Brands in 2021.

This kind of makes sense.  Maybe selling the brand has taken some of Lori's passion out of designing the line.  Her changes to the line have almost gone the opposite of what other styles are doing (like LOGO's boyfriend jeans, crazy fabric patterns).

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

When Lori sold her brand, there were tons of posts about how it would decline on here.   Lori & Excel must have seen this uproar as they came back with Lori will still be designing & fronting the brand; no need to worry. It seems since then Lori has moved to Palm Springs, Excel runs her Facebook page, the quality has declined & products are repetitive & boring.  Does she still control her brand?  I wonder or is she semi retired out in California?

Super Contributor

@AZfem wrote:

When Lori sold her brand, there were tons of posts about how it would decline on here.   Lori & Excel must have seen this uproar as they came back with Lori will still be designing & fronting the brand; no need to worry. It seems since then Lori has moved to Palm Springs, Excel runs her Facebook page, the quality has declined & products are repetitive & boring.  Does she still control her brand?  I wonder or is she semi retired out in California?

Her LOGO/Goldstein website has pictures of just her older lines, it doesn't feel like the website is even updated? Even seeing pictures of those older lines makes me realize how much the quality has declined. Now it's either plain tops that are similar to cheap t-shirts, or crazy wild prints.

She probably did retire and has given up control or caring about the line.  It's sad but so predictable as this happens when designers sell their companies.