Esteemed Contributor

Re: A457337 TIE DYE RIB KNIT HOODIE

@Pearlee I think you will get them 🤞🏼. Specially since you ordered the first day. I have noticed that the faster I close out my cart, the faster it ships.  I usually take my full hour to close out my shopping cart, and my orders take a long time, arriving after reviews are already in.  But everything new eventually comes in.  When I wrote my 9/19 post, I checked that they were available before posting.  They are broadly available still, except for the neutral.  What did you order?

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe  Truthfully I don't really want to talk about these because I'm so mad they are still in processing. Yes I think i'll get them some time but by now I've lost my enthusiasm for them.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry to read, @Pearlee, good luck!

Honored Contributor

IRe: A457337 TIE DYE RIB KNIT HOODIE -- Review

[ Edited ]

Sadly after all these years I think this is my last LOGO review. I haven't been buying many clothes since the pandemic and my prior- pandemic weight gain; nothing much appeals to me and I still don't go out much.

I surpised myself and ordered 2 colors of this hoodie at the last minute as some were selling out. I hadn't been interested (haven't bought a hoodie in very long time because I own an "excessive" amount if hoodies). But I'm a sucker for tie dye and I thought this would cover my weight gain nicely so I bought desert sun (the southwest colors) and neutral which I at first didn't like at all but I wear so much black and I could see it selling out first that I did order both. (I rarely watch LOGO shows any more and this is what happened when I did).

But for two issues, this would be a 20 out of 10 stars LOGO item. It is fantastic! The tie dye colors are gorgeous and vibrant; nothing the least bit muted here nor are there weird white patches. The tie dye is perfection. The SW colors one is so pretty and bright. The colors seem more for a spring season but I'd wear it all the time, esp since I'm pale and need color to liven me up. The neutral, which I thought would be dull, is not. The palette is certainly more muted and not as bright as the desert sun one but the colors aren't faded out and it will go great with black (almost all my pants are either black or jeans).

The material is outstanding, and new. It's a heavier waffle knit and perfect for fall in the midwest. It is soft and just divine; I love the material. I am between a medium and a large and ordered larges when I saw the model, even though I feared this amount of material and length would overwhelm me at 5'3". But I wanted to wear them as jackets (not tops) so I wanted room in them. That was the right decision. They fit just as I want an outer garment to fit and they don't overwhelm me at all -- they are very flattering and cover what I want to cover. 

Here are the two drawbacks keeping it from being one of the best LOGO things I've ever bought. The sleeves are too long and don't look good turned up. To do justice to this pretty garment I really should get them shortened. Also the one small button at the neckline, the closure, sucks! The loop around it doesn't fit right and IF you can get it closed the button doesn't lie right.  So I wish this closed with snaps or a zipper.  I would wear them constantly. Both color choices are so different that I love them both.

Not sure what I'm going to do with these.

A tailor can solve both issues but these are already pricey and I'm never 100% happy with tailoring anyway. On the other hand, I've spent so little on clothes lately I could invest in these.

@NYCLatinaMe   @dulwich  @Biftu 

OT for Biftu --- I searched but couldn't find yout post about your corduroy frayed hem jacket  that you got in burgundy corduroy and blue denim. I remember you loved it. Not long ago I got it as an LTS in Medium in BLACK on a free shipping day and love it. The medium fits me right to wear as a shirt (I'll do that most) or jacket. The burgundy was no longer available but I do love the black! Wanted to let you know before the board shuts down.

Edited to fix typos

Esteemed Contributor

Re: A457337 TIE DYE RIB KNIT HOODIE. REVIEW

Gosh @Pearlee I'll miss your thorough and helpful reviews!  You've always steered me in the right direction when I've been on the fence about buying and rightfully discouraged me when I was heading in the wrong direction.  

Like you, I'm not out and about like I used to be so I passed on getting this hoodie but believe me I was very tempted since I too am a sucker for tie dye.  I talked myself out of it because I thought it might be too long and overwhelming on me and I too have way too many hoodies as you well know.  Now I'm thinking of reconsidering since they do have one in my size in the desert sun.  I'm going to give it another look.

Glad to hear you got and like that jacket, I love mine.  Thanks for letting me know.

Respected Contributor

Re: A457337 TIE DYE RIB KNIT HOODIE -- Review

@Pearlee  Liked your good review on hoodies though I did not order them but you will enjoy them I am sure.

I, too, am not ordering very much lately did order the Logo tsv hoodie which I do like.

@Biftu  @NYCLatinaMe   F,y.I. I just signed on to the Proboards.com forum - mellyg.proboards.com - since we are losing our forums - maybe see some of our Logo ladies there for some good discussions if ever I get the gist of how to use it - bit hit and miss for me using it at moment but working on it!

Honored Contributor

@dulwich  @Biftu   If any of these other boards have private messaging functions, I'd love to sign on just to get your email addys so we could keep in touch and say personal things we don't post to get to know you better. I'd hate to lose touch with either of you. 

@Biftu  You are smaller than I am so the hoodie could overwhelm you more than it does me. The desert sun colors one looks better on me than neutral because it really brightens me up. I say try it. And thank you so much for your kind words above. I could say the very same about you and all your advice.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: IRe: A457337 TIE DYE RIB KNIT HOODIE -- Review

@Pearlee I am so happy you like your hoodies.  Get the sleeves tailored, it will be worth it in terms of ease of wear.  But I would leave them a little long, in case they shrink.  Not sure about the closure, because that woud alter the styling.  Enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@Pearlee  Liked your good review on hoodies though I did not order them but you will enjoy them I am sure.

I, too, am not ordering very much lately did order the Logo tsv hoodie which I do like.

@Biftu  @NYCLatinaMe   F,y.I. I just signed on to the Proboards.com forum - mellyg.proboards.com - since we are losing our forums - maybe see some of our Logo ladies there for some good discussions if ever I get the gist of how to use it - bit hit and miss for me using it at moment but working on it!

@dulwich I know I will miss our logo ladies.  I am guessing I'll make my way over there at some point.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu  I tried these on again just now and played around just now with the sucky, one-button closure and got it to work and lie right (flat). It still sucks but not as badly. 😄

Am keeping both colors since they are so different.  The sleeves look OK pushed up as we usually do (but not rolled over). However, because this waffle knit is thicker and therefore warmer (a good thing for a jacket), they are harder and bulkier to push up. That's why professional shortening would be better. I'm impressed again that there isn't so much sweep that I get swallowed up. Again, on me at least, the silhouette is quite flattering.

These hoodies would be at least $300 in a boutique; they are certainly boutique quality.