Respected Contributor

Re: A369071 Printed Sweaterknit Duster - Review

@Pearlee @Biftu @Hippified   Left my duster hanging in plain sight so it is the first thing I see this a.m. re my decision to keep or not.  My early a.m. decisions are always the best.  

Well I woke up late, rushed out to water aerobics return in track suit, water shoes, hair  - think wicked witch of north with finger in electric socket style - I have curly hair that stands out! -  get home daughter  ‘Mum you gotta get baby from school NOW  my back gone out’.  

No big deal but grandkid is at a techie/yuppie very up market pre school Moms all young, beautiful, groomed - then there is me this a.m.

What resonated from your post @Pearlee  was throwing duster on over housework clothes.  I grabbed duster put over my track suit, slipped on Logo plum color sneakers out the door - felt good - looked good.

One of the nice young Moms asked me where I got my ‘beautiful duster’. Need I say more!!

Honored Contributor

@dulwich love your story and I'm happy I could help with your decision about the duster. When I tried it on this morning, my first thought was WOW this is a great cover up. So many times I just run out to the grocery store looking shleppy and inevitably see someone I know. That's why I thought the duster could be quite useful as a coverup.

Good thing you unpacked it from when you were going to send it back!

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee   Your comment just hit home at the right time and, like you, this will be a great every day cover-up.  Thanks for enabling me to look at the usage for this duster in a different light much appreciated.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu  @dulwich   Our weather here in the midwest is the usual now for fall - very chilly in the mornings and evenings (down to 46 last night)  and then it heats up to the 70s during the day.

So...Saturday I was meeting a friend at a nice restaurant for an early dinner.  It was still quite warm outside then, but I knew it would be chilly when we were done with dinner and possibly too in the restaurant.  I wore a pair of black LOGO Fr. Terry slim sweat pants that are ruched at the ankle so don't look like sweat pants at all, and on top I wore a very artsy long black top with tie-dyed turquoise and gold throughout, purchased at an arts festival.

The underarms gape, so underneath the top, which had cap sleeves, I wore a black LOGO cami (more about that in another thread) so nothing would show under the armholes.

And.....I took my duster with me, which complemented the artsy tie-dyed black arts festival top.  About 3/4 thru the meal, I put it on since the restaurant was quite chilly from air conditioning, and I certainly needed it when we went outside after dinner to go home.   Whoohooo- I got so many compliments on the duster, and it was the perfect "artsy" lightweight item to wear.   Glad I kept mine.

Esteemed Contributor

Good decision to keep it @Pearlee, it comes in handy.  You outfits sounds great.  I wore mine the other day just over jeans to do some errands.  It was perfect for a chilly morning.

Honored Contributor

@1Professor. I found it.