Respected Contributor

Re: A369071 Printed Sweaterknit Duster - Review

@Pearlee @Biftu   My purple duster arrived today and I am very happy with it.  Fit is good, length just what I wanted it is lighter weight than I imagined but good for layering.  Very comfy to wear.

Colorwise it is as I expected - for me Logo colors are never as bright when they arrive but the color is a nice purple and the grey works well for me as lighter near my face is good.

All in all happy with this purchase.  

Esteemed Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@Pearlee @Biftu   My purple duster arrived today and I am very happy with it.  Fit is good, length just what I wanted it is lighter weight than I imagined but good for layering.  Very comfy to wear.

Colorwise it is as I expected - for me Logo colors are never as bright when they arrive but the color is a nice purple and the grey works well for me as lighter near my face is good.

All in all happy with this purchase.  

@dulwich   Glad to hear you are happy with your purchase and you're color choice.  It is a good topper for chilly days.

Honored Contributor

@dulwich, I'm happy your duster is a keeper for you. I'm especially happy your size choice works. I was a tad concerned whether the sleeves might be snug without sizing up.
Respected Contributor

@Pearlee  Everything fits good but I am having second thoughts .  It is very lightweight - as I mentioned in my review - and I do not think I will get a lot of wear out of it.  I never thought about this when ordering.

It is not warm enough for U.K. unless I put another coat over it and doing this does not appeal to me.  My hoodies are warmer for me than this.   Also my first winter here in CA last year I was cold!

I did order SG tsv fleece coat which has not arrived.  I need something for warmth and while I like this duster do not think I will get my value out of it - so am probably sadly returning.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dulwich wrote:

@Pearlee  Everything fits good but I am having second thoughts .  It is very lightweight - as I mentioned in my review - and I do not think I will get a lot of wear out of it.  I never thought about this when ordering.

It is not warm enough for U.K. unless I put another coat over it and doing this does not appeal to me.  My hoodies are warmer for me than this.   Also my first winter here in CA last year I was cold!

I did order SG tsv fleece coat which has not arrived.  I need something for warmth and while I like this duster do not think I will get my value out of it - so am probably sadly returning.

@dulwich   Funny you post that; I'm having second thoughts about keeping mine too but for different reasons.  @Biftu  mentioned this point as not applying to her but always a concern, but I think the length is overwhelming me.  I like the garment but am not sure I like it on me.   Also - and I did mention this in my first post about it - I'm not liking how the cuffs flop down and I mentioned to Biftu intending to sew little stitches to tack them to stay up.  Not sure I want to do that - I don't like how limp the cuffs are when you cuff them.  I do love the print and color and I like the snaps although they do snap tightly and I think the material around them may tear with snapping and unsnapping because the material is thin.   For close to $100 with tax and S&H  I have to get my use out of it, same as your point..... So I too may send it back.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee  I have packed mine up to send back as I know I will not find opportunity to get my wear out of it.  More goodies to come I am sure!

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee  Having third and fourth thoughts about duster!  Unpacked it and tried it on again - it is very lightweight and I am trying to think how useful or not this could be.  I do like it but.........?

Honored Contributor

@dulwich. @Biftu gives me great advice when I've posted similar to you about an item. She says -- and is right-- if you are have to think so hard about an item or if you have to talk yourself into it, then send it back. And I'll add, esp something $100,

That said, I only tried mine on one time. I'm going to try it on tomorrow again to make a decision. Want to wait til then to decide? I may have more thoughts about it and will let you know my own decision.
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@dulwich. @Biftu gives me great advice when I've posted similar to you about an item. She says -- and is right-- if you are have to think so hard about an item or if you have to talk yourself into it, then send it back. And I'll add, esp something $100,

That said, I only tried mine on one time. I'm going to try it on tomorrow again to make a decision. Want to wait til then to decide? I may have more thoughts about it and will let you know my own decision.

@Pearlee   That statement certainly holds true for me.  I have items I was on the fence about but kept them and found they were hardly worn.  Items are getting too expensive to keep if we have to think about them.  You should only keep pieces that when you try them you know you love them and will wear them.

After reading the posts it had me questioning my decision to keep mine.  But nope, I tried it on again and for me it is a keeper as it was from the moment I tried it on.

Honored Contributor

@dulwich @Biftu. I just tried mine on again and will keep it although with reservations and truthfully I'm not sure how often I'll wear it.

I'm keeping it because I like the colors a lot but more importantly I think it's a great piece to throw on to enhance an otherwise "meh" or shleppy thing I'm wearing to spiff it up and look really put together
For example if I'm dressed to do housework but run out for an hour to do some quick errands, throw that over my housework clothes and look fab! Also today I think the length does not overwhelm me as I first thought.

That said there are negatives to it. I dont think it looks good worn unsnapped as a jacket because the sides flap over and show light lining. I will use it as a jacket but snapped closed. And speaking of snaps. I dont trust them not to rip out of the rather thin fabric so I'm going to be careful snapping and unsnapping them.