Valued Contributor

A354574 Logo woven mixed print dress REVIEW

I received this dress today and I LOVE it! I am VERY glad that I stuck with the XS and didn't size down to the XXS though. The buttons, as I feared, would have been straining over my bust line and the shoulders would have been too tight. The XS fits perfect and I love the length, the colors and the shape of it.

At first, I saw what one reviewer was saying about the hips flaring out, but then I realized that isn't actually the case. The dress just cinches the waistline, which, if you are curvy and a woman, will make your hips wider, by comparison. I do not think I look TOO hippy, however. I think it will depend on the person, but the more curves I can get in my old age, the better, I say.

I am 5'3" and I find it to also be a good length, although I'm not sure I will do leggings underneath like I do a lot of Lori's dresses. I imagine this will look adorable in the winter with boots and in the summer with sandals, and I certainly will try it as a duster.

I am wearing it to work tomorrow, I'm so excited. I purchased the rich plum color.  The colors are duller than they appear online. In hindsight, after seeing the presentation, I really liked the coral petal dress, but maybe I'll buy that one if it ever goes on sale. This one will be more wearable for all seasons I think.

Honored Contributor

Re: A354574 Logo woven mixed print dress REVIEW

[ Edited ]

@Suziqzee   Thank you for you in-depth review (and for your subject title that includes the item # and description!  ever-so-helpful!). 

I'm 5'3" so I'm glad you like the length, and thanks for the important info about not going down a size (which I wouldn't have - I haven't ordered it).   I'm really surprised the plum colors aren't as bright as they appear (I shouldn't be surprised though - that happens often) because they do appear to be quite bright and saturated.  I do like both color choices you mentioned.   

I'm really happy you are pleased with yours.  Your review was kind of a pleasant surprise!  Maybe @dulwich  will be  pleased with hers also; I'm eager to read her opinion of the dress also.  

ETA:  I just watched the video again and I think it makes model Jackie look bigger than she is (she's in the blue but I don't think it's the color that's doing it).

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee  Well believe it or not mine arrived today.  Colors are more muted than on t.v.  fit medium is fine for me and the waist is perfect as it kind of cinches in, length is good - and I liked it when I opened the package.  Tried it on and I felt - and looked -  larger in it and I do not want a duster effect so am returning.  I think it is a nice dress but not for my pear shape.

I also received today another tsv in red clay also size medium - love this one!   Definite keeper.  Do I need a third one?  This style good also with tights, boots and sweater hence my winter wardrobe!

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@Pearlee  Well believe it or not mine arrived today.  Colors are more muted than on t.v.  fit medium is fine for me and the waist is perfect as it kind of cinches in, length is good - and I liked it when I opened the package.  Tried it on and I felt - and looked -  larger in it and I do not want a duster effect so am returning.  I think it is a nice dress but not for my pear shape.

I also received today another tsv in red clay also size medium - love this one!   Definite keeper.  Do I need a third one?  This style good also with tights, boots and sweater hence my winter wardrobe!

@dulwich   No - I'm in shock that you got your dress so quickly!  I didn't expect you to get it for several more days.  So sorry it didn't work out for you, although I see you did choose the right size after all.   If it didn't work for your body, it's not going to work for mine either (and as I wrote above, it made Jackie look bigger so I'd probably suffer the same fate).  

As for the TSV dress, I have a couple of garments in red clay and really like that color - it's very flattering on me. I remember being so pleased with my first red clay purchase (which is a Lounge Fr. terry top).  I think that TSV dress sounds perfect for you for California, so if you want a third, it would be a justifiable investment.  Smiley Happy  Esp. if you are sending the over-$100 dress back!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee   My two dresses arrived UPS! Trend to be encouraged and I love the red clay color.  Thank you for helping justify my third tsv! Ordering now!   Just sorting out my trip home and definitely taking these with me.

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@Pearlee   My two dresses arrived UPS! Trend to be encouraged and I love the red clay color.  Thank you for helping justify my third tsv! Ordering now!   Just sorting out my trip home and definitely taking these with me.

@dulwich   No, no!  Leave them in California!   Remember your black cherry joggers - the softest and most comfy of all of 'em?   You took them back to England and now your daugher has them!   Leave the dresses home!  or buy doubles!

I definitely get my UPS pkgs. from QVC (rare as they are any more) must faster than the Dumbpost ones that go through two shippers, the second being the USPO.   And my UPS ones don't get missorted and go on little side adventures to other state either.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee   Good advice thank you but I plan to meet up with daughter for few days only as she will be spending summer in Italy so I will stop off in Italy to say Hi/goodbye and not unpack!!! Lol then get to London luggage intact - I hope!