Honored Contributor

A350581 Printed Nylon Zip-Front Hooded Jacket

[ Edited ]

I got this in the fresh green color (light green background).  

I regretted ordering this the moment I did, but it was already too late to cancel and boy, I'm glad I wasn't able to.  Although I'm not thrilled about the price of this, I really like the jacket!

I need a spring jacket that's water resistant (have been wearing a Basso spring raincoat for years as my spring coat and while I still get compliments on it, it's really past its shelf life).  I like everything about this LOGO!

The colors/print are not "too much" in the color I chose; I thought they were a bit much in the also-pretty blue choice.  The colors in it are very unusual, yet they work and are appropriate for spring, even the "rust"-ish shade.  I got a size medium and although I've been at the upper level of mediums due to winter weight gain, there is plenty of room in it.  The sleeves are a bit too long for me at 5'3" but YAY!  I can turn them over once and not see lining.  The print from the front is also on the interior of the bottom of the sleeve for about an inch or two so when I roll the sleeve up once it's still lovely.

It's very lightweight, appropriate for wearing in a summer rain and not getting overheated and sweaty, yet enough to make for wear as a light jacket too in the evenings, raining.  I sure won't see myself coming and going in this, and I'm expecting compliments because it is so unusual and the print is so pretty and springy! The offbeat colors and color mix of it makes it Logofied.

The only think I dislike is that it arrived quite wrinkled, not a good sign.  It's nylon so I'm not sure why it arrived so wrinkled.  I'll steam it before wearing it but I hope that every time I get out of my car I'm not a wrinkled mess.  I hope it was just due to the shipping and folding but I'm a little skeptical.  I don't like to be wrinkled.  

Respected Contributor

Re: A350581 Printed Nylon Zip-Front Hooded Jacket

I do not like wrinkles either.  My SG wide leg pants had creases where folded and packed tried everything but in end had to rinse then low dryer to get them out.  Hope yours come out too  - I like your jacket.

Honored Contributor

I tried this on again yesterday (haven't yet worn it) and wanted to add a couple of thoughts.

There is really no warmth at all to this jacket, unless maybe if there was a breeze in summer creating a chill it might buffer that.  But don't expect to use it as a jacket.  It's really to keep rain off your body during warm weather, which I certainly have a use for (although never yet having worn it, I don't know exactly how water repellant it is).

I referred to "rust color" in my first post, and there really is no rust color in it - that was the result of the bad lighting in my bedroom.  Although close to rust, it's really a couple of shades of a pretty brown.

I absolutely love the length of this.  At 5'3" it's longer than most of my jackets which is great considering I'd be using it to keep off rain.  

I still really like this jacket (I liked it even more on me this time and the colors are pretty) although I feel it's not worth the price.   And I don't like how much it wrinkled in transit (although I've been too lazy to steam it yet).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought one that looks like a very similar style ... from LandsEnd.  I like that style ... but wanted a white raincoat that was roomy enough to wear over sweaters so it could be a year-round casual raincoat.  I bought a men's style (used chest measurement as guide).  

Shell is 100% polyester, but it's backed (bonded) with 100% nylon.  Mine is really totally waterproof.  I've worn it several times in pouring rain.  LandsEnd Item: #480604-AH9

It was origianlly $99.95, but I bought it on sale for $55.99.  Today, the price is $54.97.  Three solid colors, green, white or yellow.

LandsEnd has a women's version - but quite a bit higher price.  Item No. 509696-A60.  Regular price $299 / on sale now for $179.40.  

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA   Thanks for the info - I'll take a look.

I will say that this LOGO one is surprisingly very roomy, w/out looking big on me at all.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee 

The LOGO one is what sent me on the quest for the white one.  As I said, I like the style ... but don't want a patterned jacket.  Too limiting ... and as I said on another thread .... I'm on a white clothing kick lately.

Honored Contributor

Wow - after only one airing this is on clearance price already!