Honored Contributor

A347481 Printed Rayon 230 Top w/ Flounce Hem

[ Edited ]

https://www.qvc.com/LOGO-by-Lori-Goldstein-Printed-Rayon-230-Top-w-Flounce-Hem.product.A347481.html?...

I'm truly on the fence about keeping this one.  I ordered it in my usual size medium which is the correct size.  I ordered the yellow floral which was by far my favorite.

The material is divine - very soft and substantial.  Speaking of which, it is heavier than her usual rayon/span which, oddly, is kind of heavy for a spring-summer top.  But the material is nice although I wouldn't wear it in 90 degree very humid weather.  

I like the length of the top, which covers what I need to cover but is not too long.  The pockets are unnecessary esp. with the flounce on the bottom - a waste of expense.  

Here is the problem.  I love the colors in the print and the print is very springy in the yellow and very denim-friendly with pretty blues in it.  The issue is that the big, bold print make me look bigger than I am.  Since I'm at the top of my size mediums having gained a few pounds over the winter, I don't need to look bigger!  So, although the top is pretty and comfortable, I wonder if I'll reach for it if I don't think it's very flattering on me.  For this price, I'll probably send it back, but it is pretty.   I think it's just "too much of a good thing [the print]" on me.

Honored Contributor

Re: A347481 Printed Rayon 230 Top w/ Flounce Hem

@Pearlee   As always, thanks for your detailed description.  Just for me, I've found if I have doubts about wearing clothing, those doubts usually become reality.  The colors are pretty and denim friendly, but if the fit is unflattering I know I wouldn't wear it.  I'm sure you will make the right decision for you.

Esteemed Contributor

Pretty but my closet is bursting with logo tops that look ridiculous worn.  and they r so expensive.  and you know the rayon span is gpoing to "grow" and make the top longer.  imo, this top is not flatteing, too long, round neckline.  that ikat print is so pretty! i shut down the tab fast!

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

Pretty but my closet is bursting with logo tops that look ridiculous worn.  and they r so expensive.  and you know the rayon span is gpoing to "grow" and make the top longer.  imo, this top is not flatteing, too long, round neckline.  that ikat print is so pretty! i shut down the tab fast!

@NYCLatinaMe   My rayon span has never "grown" and I have been buying LOGO since her first QVC visit ten years ago.  so, I don't "know" that.  I happen to like the length of this top (as I stated in my first post) so it's not too long for me even at 5'3" and I like the round neckline.  The ikat print is my least favorite of them all.   So clearly we are different.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe   My rayon span has never "grown" and I have been buying LOGO since her first QVC visit ten years ago.  so, I don't "know" that.  I happen to like the length of this top (as I stated in my first post) so it's not too long for me even at 5'3" and I like the round neckline.  The ikat print is my least favorite of them all.   So clearly we are different.

HI @Pearlee , i thought you posted to get opinions.  we have something in common in that we both buy logo tops.  i have tons, several bought when they were first available.  they stretched and grew and I had to give/throw them away.  the rayon/span became thinner as it stretched.  I now buy other materials.  GIven my extensive experience with logo tops, i thought you wanted my opinion. Yes the top will look bad, but since you like round necklines and we are different, go for it.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd   I sent it back today! 

Honored Contributor

I ordered this top a few days ago when two colors had a save more price because I did like the top (see my first thread starter post) but just didnt like -on me- the pattern I chose. So I ordered the save more one in copper tie dye. Tried it on just now and really like it! The tie dye is well done (no "problem spots" in the coloring) and it is very artsy looking. The colors are really neutral and will go with a lot ( @Biftu great with gray bottoms). The colors are blended so it looks like watercolor print. This is a 4 season top (well maybe not for 90 degrees since the rayon span is slightly heavier) and I like how, with the blended-in off white, it will "spring up" gray or brown bottoms. The copper is a rust like color but a tad lighter. Unlike the big floral one I returned last year that made me look bigger, this is quite slenderizing. Love the length --not too long but covers my problem areas- and the ruffle which is cute and small and not little girl-ish. Biftu, keep a lookout to see if one pops back in your size. I think you'd like it.