Honored Contributor

A343837 Lounge Cotton French Terry Top w/ Angled Hem

[ Edited ]

https://www.qvc.com/LOGO-Lounge-by-Lori-Goldstein-Cotton-French-Terry-Top-w-Angled-Hem.product.A3438...

So I ordered this in the alabaster and lilac (I think those are the names - the white and the purple) choices because I was out of town for Monday's show and feared they'd be presented and sell out.   I have thus far received and tried on the alabaster.

OMG - I absolutely love this top and am so glad I ordered a second color (so much for resolutions, @Biftu ).  Smiley Happy    I love everything about this top but I think the alabaster is very spring/summer so that's another reason I got one in a darker color too, although I'm sure I'll wear the alabaster before spring/summer.

It is just so darn cute and eyecatching!  I love everything about it, although I have to admit that when I first looked in the mirror my first thought was "I look like a Dalmation!" and my second thought was "I could use this as a Halloween costume being Cruella de Ville!"  

But seriously, this top is just about perfect, and being quite casual -- and did I say soooo fun? ---- I'll get more wear out of this than the recent Lavish with lace and mesh overlay top that Biftu and I are discussing on a different thread.

The cotton Lounge Fr. terry is quite different from the usual Fr. terry Lori uses and I must say it is quite lightweight  (I will definitely be wearing these in spring/summer) and again I think makes the alabaster one especially more of a spring / summer garment.  At 5'3" I'm loving the length. I was afraid the shorter end might be too short and not hide everything I usually want to hide (hips!) but it's fine and it does.  It's a great length in fact.  The sleeves, as with all Lori's long-sleeved tops, are a little too long but not nearly as long on me as most of her rayon/span long sleeved tops.  These will just require a very little push up.   My usual size medium fits generously (and I'm at the top of the size mediums) but it's the correct size for me. It's not the largest fit of the size mediums that I've had, where I have to decide whether or not to go down a size.  It's a roomy fit but it's a fine fit.

The prints on this top make it very unusual-looking and quite artsy-funky.  Love, love, love.   One of my favorite LOGO tops now!

ETA - see my update about the lilac choice below

Super Contributor

Re: A343837 Lounge Cotton French Terry Top w/ Angled Hem

[ Edited ]

@PearleeThank you for the review, that was one of the light colored tops I considered, but with my height 5’7” I am afraid the ruffle will  accentuate my hips. I am pear shaped and  have noticed a shorter length and ruffles isn't a good look for me.   But it is a beautiful top!! So glad you are happy with it.

Honored Contributor

@Pjcab wrote:

@PearleeThank you for the review, that was one of the light colored tops I considered, but with my height 5’7” I am afraid the ruffle will  accentuate my hips. I am pear shsped and  have noticed a shorter length and ruffles isn't a good look for me.   But it is a beautiful top!! So glad you are happy with it.

@Pjcab  I understand at your height that shorter side esp. might be too short.  But I, too, am pear shaped and I'm not thinking the trim is too ruffled, not like some of her tops.  It isn't a problem for me, like some of her ruffles have been where I liked the garment but it looked awful on me and accentuated my worst features.   This one looks just fine.  But the length really not be good for you at your height.   This one works great for me and would for Lil Biftu also, who is shorter than I am.

Esteemed Contributor

What a glowing review @Pearlee.  It's so nice to find a piece you love, not just really like and it sounds like this is just what happened when you purchased these tops. I was attracted to the lilac, but was waiting for a presentation.  Thanks for your review and enjoy your new tops!

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee, Great review..I have the lilac in my wish list. I am 5'8 and thinking maybe not the top for me. Perhaps if I see it presented on some of the taller models I could get a better idea, but then there's the chance of it selling out. Would you wear some sort of tank with it?   It's lovely on it's own.  Enjoy the tops.. seems to be  winners for you!! 

Honored Contributor

@violet runner  Hi there.  I agree about your waiting to see how it looks on the taller models and that this one may be too short for you (well, only on one side, if that).

No, I will not layer anything under this piece.  I rarely do that and usually only layer underneath cardigans.

Honored Contributor

So I received and tried on the frosted lilac one.  I don't like it (color) as much as the alabaster one and will probably either return it or exchange for the third color to try it.

It's "frosted lilac" and I'm taking the word "frosted" in Lori's vocab now to mean muted.  The top part of the garment isn't quite as vibrant as it is showing on my computer.  It's pretty but not quite as pretty as I had imagined; the bottom trim part is more vibrant.   And, I am liking the yellow touches in it (a few spots on top and part of the flowers on the bottom).  The lilac and yellow combo is pretty.

This one just doesn't "pop" to me as a "wow" as much as the alabaster one does.  It's not as funky and fun to me - and maybe that's just me and there is no other reason for it.  Again, this Fr. terry is quite lightweight so it also seems this garment in the lilac is more appropriate for spring, although certainly it's darker than the alabaster and therefore better for fall/winter than the alabaster which really strikes me as being spring / summer as I posted above, although I like it so much I will be wearing it with black pants now.  But it isn't warm Fr. terry at all - rather a spring weight.

So, the frosted lilac would not be "one of my favorite LOGO tops ever" as the alabaster one is. 

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

https://www.qvc.com/LOGO-Lounge-by-Lori-Goldstein-Cotton-French-Terry-Top-w-Angled-Hem.product.A3438...

So I ordered this in the alabaster and lilac (I think those are the names - the white and the purple) choices because I was out of town for Monday's show and feared they'd be presented and sell out.   I have thus far received and tried on the alabaster.

OMG - I absolutely love this top and am so glad I ordered a second color (so much for resolutions, @Biftu ).  Smiley Happy    I love everything about this top but I think the alabaster is very spring/summer so that's another reason I got one in a darker color too, although I'm sure I'll wear the alabaster before spring/summer.

It is just so darn cute and eyecatching!  I love everything about it, although I have to admit that when I first looked in the mirror my first thought was "I look like a Dalmation!" and my second thought was "I could use this as a Halloween costume being Cruella de Ville!"  

But seriously, this top is just about perfect, and being quite casual -- and did I say soooo fun? ---- I'll get more wear out of this than the recent Lavish with lace and mesh overlay top that Biftu and I are discussing on a different thread.

The cotton Lounge Fr. terry is quite different from the usual Fr. terry Lori uses and I must say it is quite lightweight  (I will definitely be wearing these in spring/summer) and again I think makes the alabaster one especially more of a spring / summer garment.  At 5'3" I'm loving the length. I was afraid the shorter end might be too short and not hide everything I usually want to hide (hips!) but it's fine and it does.  It's a great length in fact.  The sleeves, as with all Lori's long-sleeved tops, are a little too long but not nearly as long on me as most of her rayon/span long sleeved tops.  These will just require a very little push up.   My usual size medium fits generously (and I'm at the top of the size mediums) but it's the correct size for me. It's not the largest fit of the size mediums that I've had, where I have to decide whether or not to go down a size.  It's a roomy fit but it's a fine fit.

The prints on this top make it very unusual-looking and quite artsy-funky.  Love, love, love.   One of my favorite LOGO tops now!

ETA - see my update about the lilac choice below

LOL - Someone else thought the alabaster was Dalmation-ish.  (Or read my post here).  Funny.  One of the newer customer reviews:

"I love the floral flounce, the shape, and fit of this top. I ordered the alabaster and red clay in my usual size medium. The alabaster feels a little dalmation-ish and the red clay is just ok. For the price of these I'm not sure if I'll keep them.