Honored Contributor

A343836 Long Sleeve Ombre Sweater

[ Edited ]

https://www.qvc.com/LOGO-by-Lori-Goldstein-Long-Sleeve-Ombre-Sweater.product.A343836.html?upsh=1&sc=...

Well, much to my own surprise, I purchased this in the sunset orange which was my first fave color choice and also the blue.  I was only going to order the sunset but I stupidly fell for the host saying the blue was selling out and also I think it was an ODO price (although I may be wrong about that -- too lazy to go check).  My initial reaction to the TV presentation was that the blue was more muted, duller although still pretty.

I will probably (not 100% sure yet) keep the sunset orange and I'm definitely sending back the blue, even though that one is quite denim friendly and therefore useful.  Other customer reviews have said the blue is more muted than other colors (a lot of reviewers got more than one color) and one reviewer says the green is prettier than the blue (she got both). Also, the "V" neck on my blue one comes down much lower than the "V" on the orange one and the "V" on the orange one is the amount of V that I prefer.  So back the blue one goes (I should have gone with my first instinct about liking the sunset one a lot better). 

Anyway...here is the "maybe" part of my keeping the sunset orange one.  I posted the day it was on air that the fabric content should probably make the sweater very soft.  It's not as soft as I was expecting, which was kind of baby blanket soft.  It's not rough, but just not as soft as a lot of LOGO I have.  It's also an extremely thin material. Certainly it's warmer than her rayon/span but really, it is very thin.  It is not worth the price IMO.  

All that said, now for the good parts.  The colors are really pretty on the orange one.  While the blue is muted, the orange one isn't bright but isn't muted either; the pretty colors really show up nicely.  A lot of customer reviewers are saying it is running really big but mine is not (however, that could be because I've gained some weight but I don't think so).  To me it fits like the kz tee for those here who know what that is. It's the usual LOGO fit - my regular size medium fits right in the shoulders and bust and then flares out.  I have flare-out LOGO  tops that are a lot more voluminous than this one, although there is flare on this. For example,  I think the recent Lavish top that @Biftu  and I bought - with the lace overlay - has more flare in front that this sweater does.  And speaking of Biftu, although this sweater is long sleeved, it is not nearly as bad (long) for me as many other LOGO tops, such as her rayon span ones.  If I fold the cuff over once, it's too short, so there is only a little bit too much length for me (that may be different for you; my point is it's quite manageable).  I definitely don't like it well enough to own it in two colors; hence I won't be exchanging the blue for the green.

There is a lot of brown in this one (although not dulling it at all); i.e. I think it would look best with brown pants of some sort so I plan to wear some of my QF espresso and chocolate bottoms with it. It will also look good with blue jeans.  It might work with wine or black cherry; I haven't tried those options yet, although certainly Lori would say they would be fine.  Smiley Happy

The sweater is very unusual and not like anything in my wardrobe (the colors, I don't mean the usual LOGO silhouette which this has). I do like the "V" neck and I absolutely love the colors.  I'm disappointed in the quality of the material and lack of being baby soft, for this price.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: A343836 Long Sleeve Ombre Sweater

@Pearlee  Thanks for your thorough review.  Had I decided to get this sweater the sunset orange would have been my choice.  Maybe some day As Is.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee

Thanks...I really like lower V necks.  Higher and crew just do not look good on me.

Do you know if Jane and Lori are going to be paired on the show all the time?

I will REALLY miss Amy.  She is my height and more my shape.  (I am small tho...NOT XXS!)  I can better tell how an item will look on me when Amy wears it.  Jane is not even close to my body shape and Kate and Brenda?  Way too tall to envision how the item will look on me.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

@Pearlee  Thanks for your thorough review.  Had I decided to get this sweater the sunset orange would have been my choice.  Maybe some day As Is.

@Biftu  I was looking at the sweater again last night and think it would also go well with your blackberry bottoms, if and when you get the sweater.  Good not to pay full price.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@Pearlee

Thanks...I really like lower V necks.  Higher and crew just do not look good on me.

Do you know if Jane and Lori are going to be paired on the show all the time?

I will REALLY miss Amy.  She is my height and more my shape.  (I am small tho...NOT XXS!)  I can better tell how an item will look on me when Amy wears it.  Jane is not even close to my body shape and Kate and Brenda?  Way too tall to envision how the item will look on me.

@RespectLife  I didn't see a show with Jane and Lori.  I saw the Monday night LOGO show with Shawn and Lori and they are to be paired together for the LOGO show which moved to 10:00 p.m. on Mondays.  

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee

OH!  I didn't see Shawn and Lori.

Your above link has the video w/ Lori and Jane.  I can't remember when it aired but I briefly started to watch it but moved on kinda quick....so I didn't see your sweater.

I'm short like Amy.  I prefer longer tops.  I think they elongate my short torso!  So where it falls on Amy is where it would land on me.  That I will miss with other hosts.

Bummer on the 10 pm move too, I will be snoring away by then!  LOL

Thanks for the info

Honored Contributor

@dulwich did you get your orange sweater yet?
Respected Contributor

@Pearlee   Just received two parcels from Q this a.m. both sweaters - unfortunately probably both going back.  Colors bad on both for me.

One was the ombré sweater which is really nice but just did not look good seems to make me look ‘jaundiced’.

Sending back.  Will write brief review of other one on separate thread.

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@Pearlee   Just received two parcels from Q this a.m. both sweaters - unfortunately probably both going back.  Colors bad on both for me.

One was the ombré sweater which is really nice but just did not look good seems to make me look ‘jaundiced’.

Sending back.  Will write brief review of other one on separate thread.

@dulwich   Oh dear!  So sorry because it is a very pretty sweater.  But I totally "get" what you are saying.  A lot of greens do that to me.  Want to think of exchanging it for the blue?

Super Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

thank you for such a thoughtful review. good luck w sweater. I am attracted to the green one, which surprises me. I seem to only wear green and green/gold when it comes to Lori's clothes! but I don't need to get this...oh, who am I kidding...I can at least put it on my wish list. wouldn't have clocked it if not for your review!