Honored Contributor

A310986 Washed Fr. Terry Oversized Top

[ Edited ]

https://www.qvc.com/LOGO-by-Lori-Goldstein-Washed-French-Terry-Oversized-Top.product.A310986.html?pr...

I would never have paid full price for this, but I ended up getting two (at the same time) As Is at $40 each (As Is item #A353709). One in red clay and one in camo green.  I don't like to "try" an item by getting two of them, but thought if I really liked it (and it has good reviews) then the As Is in the other color in my size would be gone and I'd be kicking myself.

First off, I love the red clay color; this is my only LOGO in that color.  I would buy more of it.  It's unusual (no surprise there, it's a LOGO color) and very flattering.  It's not rust or red brick and it's not pure red, but a blend of those colors and really, it's quite pretty with my too-pale skin coloring.   I love Lori's camo green color but that one looks a lot worse on me colorwise, as I knew it would.  I do own other things in her camo green color so I knew what to expect - practically speaking, I should have only ordered the red clay but didn't know whether I'd like that color, and I love it!

Now for the top itself: Love the very lightweight Lounge fabric.  I don't own any other LOGO in that - it feels like a great quality tee shirt but it is soft Fr. terry (very baby loops inside).  I ordered a medium in both and probably the small would have been more flattering, because as the customer reviews say, it is a very loose and boxy fit.  I'm never sure, though, that if I go down to a small, how well the bust and shoulder will fit, and whether I'll have "muffins" under my arms,  so I erred on the side of ordering my regular size.  The top is very comfortable, and I love the length and straight hem and the colors of the two (even though one looks better on me than the other).  That said, this top is not flattering on me. It might be more flattering in the size small but maybe it wouldn't fit right either.  I think it is supposed to fit loosely although in the video, it hugs Kate more on the upper portion of the top than it does me - it's all quite loose on me (although the arm muffins are still a possiblity had I gone down a size).  This is something I would wear when I want to feel comfortable and knock around town doing errands all day, not that I'd wear when I want to feel confident that I look good.  I think I'm going to keep the red clay and send the camo green back.  However, even with the As Is $40 price, with tax and S&H it comes to close to $50, which is a lot to pay for something I don't feel I look my best in because it's not flattering to my body.   But I do love the red clay color and I will use the top because it's so comfy and great IMO for all four seasons because the Fr. terry is lightweight.   Speaking of that, it also looked good with the sleeves rolled up a couple of times to make it short sleeved rather than 3/4 sleeves, to wear into the summer months.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: A310986 Washed Fr. Terry Oversized Top

@Pearlee   Oh, I like that top and the length.  I don't remember ever seeing it presented.  I'd consider this As Is in my size.  Thanks for your thorough review.  

Honored Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

@Pearlee   Oh, I like that top and the length.  I don't remember ever seeing it presented.  I'd consider this As Is in my size.  Thanks for your thorough review.  

@Biftu    If you are seriously considering getting it at some point, I should in all honesty add that it's really not worth close to $50, let alone the non-As Is price!  Smiley Happy  That said, I think you would probably like it and wear it quite a bit (yes, the length is great!).  I do like it a lot more than the tee I'm returning (that you got cheaper than I did, in the marshmallow).

Honored Contributor

@Biftu   I forgot to mention one more thing.   What are the chances of this?  Both of the As Is colors I ordered were not just pristine, but brand new!   Each looked brand new from the way they were folded and the tissue in the folding, but the confirmation came when both had paper tags still attached that said something to the effect that "the irregularities in color and texture are because of how this garment was washed..... yada yada yada..."

The title description of the item calls it a "washed Fr. terry oversized top".  I don't see any irregularities about anything - I just really like the colors - but those attached tags cinched it that the two I got are brand new, just as they appeared when I took them out of the packaging, even though they had the As Is stickers on the plastic bags.  Score!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Biftu   This just got reduced today (new ones).   The As Is price isn't much less at $40.

Wish the blackberry was avaible in my size but it isn't.

https://www.qvc.com/LOGO-by-Lori-Goldstein-Washed-French-Terry-Oversized-Top.product.A310986.html?sc...

One of the mods recently gave a very strong hint there would be free S&H some time mid-April, if you want to wait. Then it's almost a "wash" (pardon the pun) price-wise between the new one and the As Is if one ever pops up in your size.

Honored Contributor

This is a LTS today again, at the lowest price I've seen it. I own both colors now. @Biftu although I like the red clay best due to my skin tones, the green one goes great with our LOGO jeans with embroidered flowers. The dark wash has that color in the middle of the flowers. This top is very comfy.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:
This is a LTS today again, at the lowest price I've seen it. I own both colors now. @Biftu although I like the red clay best due to my skin tones, the green one goes great with our LOGO jeans with embroidered flowers. The dark wash has that color in the middle of the flowers. This top is very comfy.

@Pearlee  When I saw this the smallest size was xs and didn't dare to give it a try especially since it said oversized.  Thanks for thinking of me though.

Honored Contributor

@B
Honored Contributor

@Biftu. Oh sorry. Since I already own both colors I didnt even look at size availability before I posted.