Honored Contributor

A309152 Printed Cotton Modal Top w/ Ruffle

[ Edited ]

https://www.qvc.com/LOGO-by-Lori-Goldstein-Printed-Cotton-Modal-Top-w-Ruffle.product.A309152.html?up...

@Biftu   Well, my tops, shipped from California, finally arrived.  As you recall I'm sure, I ordered both colors during a LTS price.

IMO this is a top worth having.  The colors look very true to how they look online and in the video.  The tops look very different in each color so if you like both colors, I suggest getting both (hopefully it'll be a LTS again).  I do like both colors a lot, but like the ruby better, probably because it brightens me up more as I always suspected it would.  The blackberry though is also very pretty and very useful.  Because it's dark, it looks to me more fall-winter, although truthfully both colors are suitable for all-year round, as is the cotton modal fabric, which is medium weight, not too light and therefore just for warm weather.  The blackberry is quite dark although still pretty - lots of shades or purple and I like the scattered pink throughout which does pop.  The ruby has all different shades of reds and I'm not quite sure what the contrast color is - probably something like antique taupe - one of her light neutrals or maybe cocoa, although it possibly could be a light yellowish, although I think it's a light tan.  

The ruffle is a modest one, not too pronounced.

Now here's the issue for me.  I bought both in medium, based on the video, the Click measurements, and reviews.  The med. fits but I think I'd be more comfortable getting the larges (although those may be too big; you know my sizing issue and having gained weight and being at the top of mediums mostly doesn't help my sizing issue).  Again, the med. works but I'd like more room in the underarm area, I'd prefer no "detection" in the back of my tush bump (which there is with the medium) and a little longer length would be preferable too, although this length is fine on me and would work well for you I'm sure.  Hence I say "preferable" because it's not too short or too tight by any means.  So I think I'm going to exchange for large, although of course those may be too sloppy looking, as often happens when I order a rayon/span twinset in a large due to the tanks being small.  But that's what I think I'm going to do.  Again, I really do like this top and think it's worth having in one's wardrobe.  And I like the blackberry (which is more muted than the ruby) more than i expected to; I like the ruby better only because it's more flattering on me.  I'm still exchanging both though because I want both!   

Honored Contributor

Re: A309152 Printed Cotton Modal Top w/ Ruffle

I checked out the top and ordered the Ruby which is on waitlist.  I especially liked the price!  It is a pretty style, casual and simple without too much going on.  I always wear Logo tops alone, I do not layer.  I don't know if I will get this top since it is on waitlist but thanks for the heads up!

Honored Contributor

Just looked at the video - you can see it pulling a little under the blond models arms.  Of course she's wearing a tank underneath it, but still - that's one of the areas where I'd like more room, hence my exchanges.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee   Thanks for the detailed description.  I'm loving the blackberry for me and will have to go up a size due to availability.  Due to your post, I now feel comfortable making that decision.  How does the new price compare with the LTS.  I'll go ahead and purchase anyway, as I feel this is an acceptable price point.  Thanks for your contributions.

Regular Contributor

I find LOGO to be overpriced most times, but bought the ruby LTS & really wanted the other color, but not available in my size.  I haven't tried it on yet, but it’s attractive & hope it fits.  My issue is weight gain from meds, particularly prednisome.  Some days, I “puff up” & other times, I lose the water.  I have L, XL, & 1X in my closet.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee  I was thinking the other day about these tops and if you received them.  Thanks for your thorough review.  Now I wish I hadn't forgot about them in my cart.  I'll keep an eye out for them. You are doing the right thing in exchanging them for the larger size, comfort is important.  

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@Pearlee   Thanks for the detailed description.  I'm loving the blackberry for me and will have to go up a size due to availability.  Due to your post, I now feel comfortable making that decision.  How does the new price compare with the LTS.  I'll go ahead and purchase anyway, as I feel this is an acceptable price point.  Thanks for your contributions.

@phoenixbrd   I looked at my receipt - the LTS price I paid was $34.05.  Good deal!

Honored Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

@Pearlee  I was thinking the other day about these tops and if you received them.  Thanks for your thorough review.  Now I wish I hadn't forgot about them in my cart.  I'll keep an eye out for them. You are doing the right thing in exchanging them for the larger size, comfort is important.  

@Biftu   After reading @phoenixbrd 's post, it occurred to me to look at the inventory.  At his writing the blackberry is sold out in the size large I want to exchange for!  Waaaaahhhh!   I'm still going to ask for the exchange, in case one pops back by the time Q receives my request for the exchange.  When I looked, I saw the blackberry was available in xs.  Would you consider going up a size as I'm doing?  Look at the video - there is snugness under the arms  --- at least.  And as I say, I don't like my tush that much in the medium.  I don't want a sloppy look, but flowy in this top would be fine.  And I agree with you - comfort is key.

Honored Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

I checked out the top and ordered the Ruby which is on waitlist.  I especially liked the price!  It is a pretty style, casual and simple without too much going on.  I always wear Logo tops alone, I do not layer.  I don't know if I will get this top since it is on waitlist but thanks for the heads up!

@spiderw   I missed your post before because I was typing one at the same time LOL!   I hope you love yours, assuming you get it.  I hope you do. I'm going to be returning my size medium if that's your size - in pristine condition!

Honored Contributor

Pearley, I wish I could wear a medium but those days are past.  I am now a 1x working towards a XL!!!!!!