Honored Contributor

A307245 Principles Modal 3/4 Sleeve Top

[ Edited ]

https://www.qvc.com/LOGO-Principles-by-Lori-Goldstein-Cotton-Modal-34-Sleeve-Top.product.A307245.htm...

So @Biftu   I received and tried on my vibrant olive top.(I didn't order the marshmallow as I've already posted on the thread where you pointed out this top was a PTS).    I really like the color of it.  As it happens, at the same time I received this top, I also received the newly-on-clearance embroidered LOGO jeans A301232 which I will be reviewing after I finish this review.   The color of this top is the exact match to the color in the center of the embroidered flowers on the jeans I got in the darker wash color, so I thought "well, that's cool - this top is already useful for two LOGO pieces!"

Then I tried it on and, much as I really do like the color of this top, I think I'm going to return it.  It has pros and cons and the one big con outweighs everything else about it I think.    As the reviews stated, I did size up one size, which I think was the right thing to do for the bustline.  However, going up a size makes it very boxy.  I tried it on with the jeans and the color looks really cute with the color in the center of the flowers, but it would work only if I tie up one side of the top, to gather up some of the boxiness. The boxiness just makes it unattractive to wear on its own IMO.  Also, the sleeve length isn't attractive on me (although not a deal breaker, because I could roll that up into elbow length).  

I also tried on the top underneath our embroidered Lavish cardi and it looks good under that, but truthfully it is a tad darker than the center of that embroidery which is green and I think it "darkens" the cardi. Frankly, a cotton LOGO handkerschief hem top I own in green orchid (A288867) is lighter and a better match to the light green in the cardi, and doesn't "darken" the cardi.  

Among the pros are I really like the fabric, which some reviewers complained as being so thin.  It is, but it's great for the hot weather and,, though thin, is not flimsy fabric.

I'm happy I haven't yet asked for the price adjustment since I'm pretty sure I'm returning this.  It's the boxiness of it (made worse by having gone up a size) that's the deal breaker for me.

I'll be very interested in what you think about the marshmallow one.  Did you order the green one too?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: A307245 Principles Modal 3/4 Sleeve Top

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee  I haven't received my marshmallow one yet.  I didn't order the olive.  After reading your review it's probably best that I didn't order both colors.  I felt the marshmallow would be useful under many pieces.  I too went up a size.  Boxy is not usually a good look.  People seem to complain about the lightweight fabric, but personally I like that weight under cardi's and a nice fabric for the summer months especially.  I'll let you know how it fits me and my thoughts when I get it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee  My marshmallow top arrived today.  The xs is fine on me but the xxs would have worked as well.  I like the length and weight of this top since I plan to mostly wear it under cardigans or jackets.  It will work for me as a basic tee.  It is a bit boxy but not enough to bother me.  I'm keeping mine.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu   You may have already noticed but this is a Primetime Special tonight (Thurs.).