Honored Contributor

A305498 Lavish Embroidered Peasant Top

[ Edited ]

http://www.qvc.com/LOGO-Lavish-by-Lori-Goldstein-Embroidered-Peasant-Top.product.A305498.html?upsh=1...

I received this today in the vintage rose and should receive the marshmallow tomorrow (ordered at the same time so go figure the different delivery days!)  I absolutely love this top - love, love, love.   I'm going to be reaching for it all summer.   Since I don't have both colors yet, I can't tell you whether I like one better than the other, but I'm loving the vintage rose which I almost didn't order in addition to my beloved color marshmallow.

I did order down a size to the XS/S choice from my usual LOGO size medium, based upon the Click measurements and it's a great fit.  It's still roomy but not sloppy and it doesn't look too big - it's roomy to let air in and be comfy in the summer so I think this size choice was perfect (hope the marshmallow fits the same).  

The color is really lovely, as is the embroidery with various shades of the vintage rose.  Really beautiful.  The top is made of a light, gauzey material and is feather light. It's just perfect to wear in the super hot weather (as if you are wearing nothing at all) and I know I'll be wearing this to the outdoor festivals I shlep through during the hot months.

Even at only 5'3", I was concerned about  how short it looks in the photos because I am "hippy" and my thighs are not my best feature for sure.  But the lengh is fine - it just covers what I need to cover.   The series of thin pleats in the middle front of the top - almost as thin as mari-pleats - are really pretty.  There is quite a bit of style and workmanship in this top.

It is a baby doll (for those of you who remember that style of the 1960s) so if that's not your cup of tea, with the puffy sleeves, then slip this one.  I adore it though - my best LOGO purchase in a long time.   I'll be back to let you know what I think of the marshmallow also.  That was is very denim-friendly and I think the tops look quite different in the two different colors.   I'm so happy I have this beauty for the hot weather.  I'm sure it will get lots of attention and comments from people when I wear it.

Honored Contributor

Re: A305498 Lavish Embroidered Peasant Top

[ Edited ]

So I got the marshmallow and tried it on.  I love it too and am keeping it, although, much to my surprise, I like the rose colored one a little better so if I was only keeping one I'd keep that one but I do love both and IMO they look quite different in the different colors.

I could see in the white one how see-through the material is going to be if you are in direct sunlight.  As I wrote above, it's quite light and gauzy material, as if wearing nothing esp. since it's flowy and doesn't cling to the body anywhere, so it's really great for hot weather.   The see-through isn't really a problem though because the upper area, both front and back, is the gingham blue checked material. So, there won't be any see-through-to-your-bra-problem.  The see through-ness (I made that up) will bee in the white part that's lower than the bustline all around, which to me isn't a problem.  And, since it isn't sunny here today, I don't know how much see-through it will be but I expect it to be.

ETA - although the rose colored one is made in the same very light material as the marshmallow, because it's a darker color I don't think it's going to be see-through, not any more than any other very thin cotton material. 

I am super happy I purchased these two tops.   I haven't had anything like them at all in my wardrobe since the 1960s when I was a teenager and babydoll tops were very much in style.  And I never had any this pretty!

Frequent Contributor

Sorry..it is adorable, but how LG has the nerve to charge $100 for a summer blouse is beyond me; and how anyone has ordered it is mind-boggling.

Her prices are well beyond any other designer...and honestly, with few exceptions, her fashions all look the same.

I apologize...my opinion....I am disgusted with how she is taking advantage of her followers.

Smiley Sad

Valued Contributor

way to pricey for me  i would want pants to go with it at that price   no way would i spend that much for a top

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@savories wrote:

Sorry..it is adorable, but how LG has the nerve to charge $100 for a summer blouse is beyond me; and how anyone has ordered it is mind-boggling.

Her prices are well beyond any other designer...and honestly, with few exceptions, her fashions all look the same.

I apologize...my opinion....I am disgusted with how she is taking advantage of her followers.

Smiley Sad

@savories  It didn't boggle my mind at all.   I've paid $200 for a plain white (but with funky silhouette) blouse at boutiques.  Both prices fit  with my income just fine.  So that's "how anyone ordered it."   I love both colors and will wear them often.  They were well worth it to me.

I will refrain from being judgmental about the way you decide to spend your money.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you! Very gracious of you!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee, I am happy that you love the new tops you ordered. I had not noticed these, but am going to order the rose one based upon your description. I have always been happy with your recommendations. 

I am going to size down also. Enjoy, and wear your new tops in good health.😊😊😊😊

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tissyanne Thank you!  I do hope you love yours as much as I love both of mine - let us know!  And yes, if only getting one, I'm happy you chose to  get the rose one!  Thanks so much for your comment about my recommendations.  I'm happy to read that.  Smiley Happy

I've forgotten how tall you are.  It might not work for our taller LOGO friends.

Honored Contributor

We all try to work within a budget or at least we try.  This top is just too expensive for me.  However, if we choose to treat ourselves now and then, if we really love something expensive and can manage to pay for it that is our business.  

The top is very pretty and I used to wear peasant tops often when they were a fashion statement back in the late sixties, early seventies (not sure of my time line).  I am glad that style is making a return to some extent.

You sound very happy and enthusiastic about your tops and if it makes you feel good, enjoy wearing them.  

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Tissyanne Thank you!  I do hope you love yours as much as I love both of mine - let us know!  And yes, if only getting one, I'm happy you chose to  get the rose one!  Thanks so much for your comment about my recommendations.  I'm happy to read that.  Smiley Happy

I've forgotten how tall you are.  It might not work for our taller LOGO friends.

@Pearlee wrote:

Hi @Pearlee, I am 5'4", long waisted. I am anxious to receive this top. I will let you know when I receive it My orders take a while, with the UPS by USPS delivery.