Honored Contributor

A305433 Knit Sleeveless Maxi Dress with Chiffon Trim (June 2018 TSV)

I know this will surprise some of you - it surprised me.  I definitely wasn't going to get this dress.  I don't wear LOGO dresses (and hardly ever any other dresses), don't need any more rayon span, and last spring's TSV dress, which I got As Is, didn't work out for me and I returned it.  As soon as I saw online what this TSV was, I posted a couple of times here that I wasn't going to get it.

Since then, though, a dear friend of mine entered the hospital (a few days before TSV day) and found he has an incurable terminal illness and not much time left.  So when the TSV came on, I esp. paid attention to the black dress.  I have lots of black clothes but not black dresses - mostly suits which I never wear.   To make a long story short, not only did I order the black one, but I ordered the willow print one also after watching  several presentations of the TSV.

Much to my surprise - I love both.  They both fit me very well in my usual size medium and they each look very different.  At 5'3" I'm loving the length on me (I don't need a petite choice in this) and, as Lori was saying all day, these can be worn dressy or just "around the town" doing errands and wearing sandals (esp. the willow one.  The black one looks much dressier to me but certainly can be worn for every day).  Sadly too, the black one is appropriate for a funeral where I'll be wearing it in the not-too-distant future.  

@Biftu  The willow one will look great with a lot of LOGO greens, and I even think the "lavender" in it could work with our brook color items.  The print on the willow is quite muted - it comes across as bolder on TV IMO.  These dresses are both extremely comfortable.

@sunshine45  I saw your post on another thread that you bought the same two I did.  I too wish I'd gotten another one (as you said in your post).   Maybe I will pick one up on another day.  These TSVs tend to be  overbought by QVC and the price oftentimes ends up lower than the TSV price after seemingly a million on-air presentations.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: A305433 Knit Sleeveless Maxi Dress with Chiffon Trim (June 2018 TSV)

@Pearlee   Love your review - sorry to hear about your friend, very sad.  My thoughts are with you.

I too, ordered this dress one in the blue size large and also the willow in medium as was not sure about fit!  Well received them and, believe it or not,  both look great, both fit perfectly, length perfect, armholes not baggy at all.  I was prepared to return one but keeping both.  Very happy with them.  They are light and comfortable.

I also ordered A309491 cotton modal cardigan in soft teal - again large sold out so ordered medium.  Fits fine love it.

Wondering now what my correct size really is!

Re the willow dress - do you gave any recommendation for cardigan in the violet color?  Very happy with my first Logo dresses glad you feel the same.

Honored Contributor

@dulwich  Love your review too - thanks for adding it to the thread!  I am so surprised, though, that both sizes worked for you.  Even at the high end of size mediums now (due to weight), I couldn't go up to a large (at least I don't think) nor certainly not down to a small. So I'm rather surprised both sizes you ordered work so well for you but that's great.

And thank you for making the point about the armholes.  I totally agree - the armhole size ie perfect, no part of the bra shows and they are not snug either.  I also like the size/depth of the V neckline which is modest but not too modest (and perfect for a funeral).  Thanks for your condolences about my friend also.  

As for a cardigan in the violet color, I'll have to think on that a bit.  I have the following   in the brook color (a shade I'm going to try with the lavender and I think will work, even though it's not quite lavender) but my suggestion is to get it in the black which will go great with the willow dress (and in my case, with the black).  I can't remember what's in the blue dress now.  This cardi is great and, like the dress, can be dressed up or down.

http://www.qvc.com/LOGO-by-Lori-Goldstein-Open-Front-Slub-Cardigan-w-Lace-Detail.product.A274095.htm...

Here's another similar cardi that may go with the blue dress. I own both this cardi in white (no longer available I don't think) as well as the one above and I like the one above a little better, esp. in black (I own it in both brook and in black).

http://www.qvc.com/LOGO-Lavish-by-Lori-Goldstein-Novelty-Lace-Cardigan-with-Knit-Sleeves.product.A27...

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee   Love both of the cardigans you recommended - I am gonna be in trouble.  Splurged on Logo recently today received another 2 tops and some crops (plus the dresses) all, of which I am keeping!  

Am still checking your cardigans though!  Thank you again you always have great advice, great help.

Valued Contributor

I just bought this black, open work cardigan/shrug online from Kohls. It's lightweight and works very well with the black vine design in the willow dress.

IMG_2222.PNG

Trusted Contributor

👏🏼👏🏼 Woman Happy I haven't been watching a lot of Q like I used to, but took a peek at these dresses and they are really nice!  Happy they worked out for both of you. Dresses can be difficult to find the right flattering fit. 👍🏼 Reviews are appreciated. 

⚓️
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee  I passed on this dress but may now need to take another look.  Thanks for your review.  

My thoughts are with you on the news of your friend.

Frequent Contributor

@dulwich@Pearlee Thanks for the great review!s I also liked the willow much better in person than on air. Also hoping for some cardigan recommendations (a  violet option sounds great)

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee, I am so sorry about your dear friend.  It makes you pause, then your stomach drops to your feet.  Just aweful.

I have never purchased a LOGO dress.  But I did this TSV, in black.

I HATE that I did not get another color at the time because it is STUNNING.

I love everything about it. The flow, the comfort, the way it lays on the body.

It is 365 day wear and looks just lovely on.  I will wear it with a shrug because I do not like my arms, never wear sleeveless. 

BUT THIS ONE IS AN ABSOLUTE WINNER...I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT.

And Yes, @Pearlee, I was in shock to see you start your post by...dont need any more rayon span...you are our LOGO GIRL !

Again, blessing for your dear friend.

Respected Contributor

Logo Ladies re my previous chat about cardigan to go with willow tsv dress - I had already received A309491 cotton modal cardigan to go with the blue tsv and loved it - so took a chance and ordered same cardigan in Vibrant Olive having no idea really what that color would look like.

Just arrived and it really does work for me with the willow dress - also works with my complexion and with the blue tsv dress - will decide if I will keep both cardigabs