Honored Contributor

A301971 Printed Top and Stripe Tank Set

[ Edited ]

www.qvc.com/LOGO-by-Lori-Goldstein-Printed-Top-and-Stripe-Tank-Set.product.A301971.html?productNumbe...

I surprised myself and ordered this a week or so ago, when the host on the LOGO show said it was last day before the price went up.  I've always liked a couple of the colors ( the blue and the pineapple) - the other colors not so much.  

I write "surprised" because I rarely order Lori's twinsets, having given up on them a long time ago.  The tanks are usually too tight in my regular size medium and the outer piece too large if I go up to a size large.  So I rarely even consider ordering them if they are in the rayon span material.

I took a huge chance and ordered the pineapple one (because I already have a twinset of hers in blue) and I really love it!  Since the reviews were saying it fit true to size and none that I remember complained that the tank was too tight (usually there are complaints because the rayon span tanks in twinsets are cut to be very form-fitting) I took a huge chance and ordered my usual size medium, even though I'm at the high end of the size mediums now, having gained a few pounds.   

I just love it!  The tank  definitely fits close to the body and I wouldn't consider wearing it alone, which is fine and what I expected). But it is not uncomfortably snug at all, as some size medium twinset tanks have been on me.   And I think ordering the medium rather than going up a size made the proportions of tank to top good (some reviewers complained that there was too much tank showing and the top was too short - I didn't have this problem ordering in my usual size; a size large would have meant the tank would be longer. So I like the proportions as they are).  The outer top fits great in the size medium.  

As the reviews state, the color is not really a yellow, but rather a cream color with yellow in it (more cream than yellow).   I just love it - it's very cheerful and lovely for spring and summer.  I can use the tank underneath other things (the tank is that creamy-yellow color and the stripe is a dar reddish color that is in the top - I have LOGO hoodies that reddish color would go under). @Biftu   some of the most prominent big flowers in the top are smoky taupe so this set will go with all our smokey taupe bottoms we have.  I hope you consider it - it's quite pretty and again, the medium is perfectly comfortable on me (surprisingly!)

Valued Contributor

Re: A301971 Printed Top and Stripe Tank Set

I'm glad the twinset worked out for you on this one, @Pearlee.  I have the same problem, historically, that you usually do with twinsets so I typically pass on them as well.  I love the pineapple in this combo, too!  Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

Its a cute set. So glad that you found a great fit.  $80 is a little steep for this in my world. 

Esteemed Contributor

So @Pearlee you fell for more rayon/span!  Lol. You are right, it would look great with smokey taupe.  Very cute.  Don't know why I didn't pay much attention to this top.  I'll have to give it some thought  and also break my resolve not to buy any more rayon/span.  Thanks for your review.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

So @Pearlee you fell for more rayon/span!  Lol. You are right, it would look great with smokey taupe.  Very cute.  Don't know why I didn't pay much attention to this top.  I'll have to give it some thought  and also break my resolve not to buy any more rayon/span.  Thanks for your review.

@Biftu  LOL, yep, guilty!  I lose all my credibility when I write "no more rayon span."  Hopefully this review is more credible than that "resolution" of mine!   Smiley Happy

@kittyloo  Yeah, one reason I bought it the last day before the price went up.

Super Contributor

@Pearlee I just want to thank you for this review as you know I too have sizing issues with Logo twin sets.

I kept your review in mind as I  periodically checked out the... as is items ...and when I saw this set in Pineapple, which was my first choice, I bought it.

It is just perfect, I love it and now will be on the lookout for the blue harbor combo. Thank you for the review , this is one of my favorite Logo purchases. Would have been hesitant to get if you hadn't shared 🙂

Honored Contributor

@Pjcab wrote:

@Pearlee I just want to thank you for this review as you know I too have sizing issues with Logo twin sets.

I kept your review in mind as I  periodically checked out the... as is items ...and when I saw this set in Pineapple, which was my first choice, I bought it.

It is just perfect, I love it and now will be on the lookout for the blue harbor combo. Thank you for the review , this is one of my favorite Logo purchases. Would have been hesitant to get if you hadn't shared 🙂

@Pjcab  What a very nice post - thank you.  I did see the pineapple (which is the one I bought at full price) As Is and thought that was a great deal!   I'm so very happy you like yours too (I always feel responsible when someone takes me up on a recommendation).  I do remember our many discussions about why we don't buy her twinsets  - esp. the rayon/span.  This one was such a pleasant surprise and I think it's so pretty and unusual.   I'll think of your nice post whenever I wear mine.  Enjoy it! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Pjcab   This is on clearance now - $59.96.  I'm seriously thinking of getting the blue, esp. since it's more of a fall color. The blue is really pretty.  I know we both have been looking for it As Is but I may spring for it at the clearance price.

What about you?

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee   Yes!! I have been thinking the same thing!! I want the blue too...nothing on ...as is ..but when I checked the prices...not a big difference. I have the logo vest/hoodie A302453 in ink and I thought the blue twin set would look good together if our weather cooled down a bit. I really really want to get that blue set 🙂  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pjcab wrote:

@Pearlee   Yes!! I have been thinking the same thing!! I want the blue too...nothing on ...as is ..but when I checked the prices...not a big difference. I have the logo vest/hoodie A302453 in ink and I thought the blue twin set would look good together if our weather cooled down a bit. I really really want to get that blue set 🙂  

@Pjcab  This set has been aired a lot so they must have bought quite a few of them.  

When I first posted to you, I put the set in blue on my Wish List and thought I might wait to order it for a free S&H day!   However, I then got to thinking that it could be aired in the Thurs. show (it wasn't but they often air a clearance item or two or three in that show) so I went ahead an ordered it yesterday before the show.  I totally agree - I'd rather have a new one for a few dollars more than the As Is price.  As Is can be dicey...

So much for my "no more rayon span" so don't tell  @Biftu  Smiley Happy .