Honored Contributor

A301246 Boyfriend Rip & Repair Ankle Jeans

I know that regular readers of my posts are going to be surprised to see this review.  Yes, I bought these (As Is - Item A344056).   Surprised because I really dislike ripped jeans!  However, I love gingham and the gingham patches at least plugged up the holes - I think it's the holes part I hate the most in ripped jeans, so the "repair" part of these, esp. the repair with gingham (don't like the floral choice in the lighter wash "repair" as much)  made me purchase these As Is when I saw them.  Also I'd been seeing them on the models quite a bit in LOGO shows and I kept thinking how cute they are.

Note though:  these must run small because the only As Is choice  feasible for me the day I saw them was the larger of the two sizes that I'm in between right now in pants, and these fit perfectly - not roomily / generously as oftentimes the larger of my two in between sizes does).

These are super cute IMO.  As I say, I got the darker wash color.  The material is very soft - not at all like how I usually think of jeans fabric.  The length is fine for me at 5'3" without even rolling up the cuffs (the length is just barely not too long) and that's good; or I can also roll up the cuffs for a boyfriend look.

The two negatives about these pants for me aren't deal breakers although I'd prefer them to have been made otherwise.   The zipper and therefore the front opening is short.  I prefer a longer length to zip up and down, although these don't feel too short in the rise.  Also, the pockets are useless because they are so shallow.  Why even bother with pockets if they are too shallow?  Not only are they hard to get a hand in, but anything I put into such a pocket will fall out, and also I'm also thinking the lining is going to pop out and show because the pocket is so shallow!

But these are so cute - no way am I sending them back. 

Oh, @Biftu, I lucked out with this As Is purchase.  They seem to be brand new!  Definitely in pristine condition.

Honored Contributor

Re: A301246 Boyfriend Rip & Repair Ankle Jeans

The b/w check patches give a "country" look ... cute!  

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee  Great to hear these were in pristine condition, you lucked out.  Enjoy.

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee, glad you like these. I  too thought they were cute.  You know I love Lori's  pants and capris.  I haven't rodeered any of her jeans except the new jogger pants which should arrive today or Mon.   Enjoy them!

Honored Contributor

@violet runner wrote:

@Pearlee, glad you like these. I  too thought they were cute.  You know I love Lori's  pants and capris.  I haven't rodeered any of her jeans except the new jogger pants which should arrive today or Mon.   Enjoy them!

@violet runner  Thanks - I think I will enjoy these because they are so different from anything I've ever had in my wardrobe.  I'll be eager to see what you think of your jogger jeans (hope you'll start a new review thread for those, so it'll be easy to find).   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee . Lucky you!  Hope it was a great "as is" price!!  

I also just got a pair of these recently but paid the regular price.  I've been eyeing them for a while and have the same feelings about ripped jeans.  These don't have deep rips but the repair part is what makes them cute...plus the whole ripped jeans look has been growing on me.  These are soft like the other boyfriend cloud jeans that I got a few weeks ago.

I agree about the rise.  Personally I would have liked them to be just a little bit higher but they are fine.  I also got A301231 tuxedo stripe boyfriend jeans for a sale price in the dark wash.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@Pearlee . Lucky you!  Hope it was a great "as is" price!!  

I also just got a pair of these recently but paid the regular price.  I've been eyeing them for a while and have the same feelings about ripped jeans.  These don't have deep rips but the repair part is what makes them cute...plus the whole ripped jeans look has been growing on me.  These are soft like the other boyfriend cloud jeans that I got a few weeks ago.

I agree about the rise.  Personally I would have liked them to be just a little bit higher but they are fine.  I also got A301231 tuxedo stripe boyfriend jeans for a sale price in the dark wash.

@haddon9  The As Is price is $50.75.  Certainly not cheap but since they are in like-new condition, it's better than the original price!  Smiley Happy

Glad you agreed about the zipper being short.   And about how much nicer this rip and repair  pair is than a plain "rip" pair! LOL The repair does make a difference!

Honored Contributor

I finally actually wore my boyfriend cloud jeans yesterday since it was a bit cooler out.  While they were cute and comfortable I felt like the were just a bit too big.  I decided to retry my other new Logo boyfriend jeans (tuxedo stripe & cloud) and they all have the same fit.

As for my "rip & repair" jeans I decided to order a smaller size just to see if they will fit better.  Unfortunately I can't with the tuxedo stripe or cloud jeans unless they get more in stock.

Respected Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

I finally actually wore my boyfriend cloud jeans yesterday since it was a bit cooler out.  While they were cute and comfortable I felt like the were just a bit too big.  I decided to retry my other new Logo boyfriend jeans (tuxedo stripe & cloud) and they all have the same fit.

As for my "rip & repair" jeans I decided to order a smaller size just to see if they will fit better.  Unfortunately I can't with the tuxedo stripe or cloud jeans unless they get more in stock.

@haddon9

I did size down on my rip and repair jeans to 10 (usually 12 or 14 in Lori’s jeans), and they fit perfectly.  I wear them often.  I dont have the tux stripe or cloud.

Honored Contributor

@Hippiified wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

@haddon9

I did size down on my rip and repair jeans to 10 (usually 12 or 14 in Lori’s jeans), and they fit perfectly.  I wear them often.  I dont have the tux stripe or cloud.

@Hippiified . Same here.  Originally I was going to order a 14 but decided on getting a 12.  The pair that I just ordered is a 10 and I'll see how it fits.