Honored Contributor

A299625 Cotton Slub Embroidered Cardigan

http://www.qvc.com/LOGO-Lavish-by-Lori-Goldstein-Cotton-Slub-Embroidered-Cardigan.product.A299625.ht...

I received this As Is (item A343130) and it was still costly - $65 item price came to $73 and change after S&H and tax.   I'm undecided whether to keep it and would love input from @Biftu and others who wish to comment.    

I ordered it in the cloud cream choice and the large (up one size for me) was the only one available As Is.  I decided to order it for two reasons:  some reviews stated that the arms were snug and also I wanted the back to be a little longer than it was on Amy & Lori  (I assume they were wearing their usual sizes).  Also, it's a cardi so a little looser normally is OK.

Fortunately, the one I received is in like-new condition (and may be new) - absolutely pristine with no unfortunate odors/perfume/smell of Downey meaning it was in a dryer.  None of that.

There is a lot I like about it but I have a few hesitations about keeping it at this price.

I do like the  cloud cream color (white but not a stark white)  and I like this a whole lot better than most of her other boho chic garments.  The embroidery is exquisite - not a thread out of place and, as some product reviewers have mentioned, it looks very expensive and can truly be dressed up or down, good with jeans or  can be worn to a fancy occasion.   Biftu, the main embroidery is - it appears to me - to be smokey taupe which would go with lots that you have.   One of my hesitations is that I'm a bit disappointed in the other color of embroidery, which I was hoping would go nicely with my green orchid cotton LOGO tank - A288867 (although I bought that last year As Is also at a better price).  I would still wear that tank underneath the cardi; however, the color in the cardi is a fainter green than the tank and doesn't pop out among all the smokey taupe embroidery as much as I thought it would.  So that contrast color embroidery is a bit of a let-down but not a deal breaker because the garment is so nice.

It's very lightweight (her light, thin cotton slub) and can be worn all summer and will go with pretty much everything in my wardrobe since the prominent color embroidery is very neutral.  

I think a lot of my hesitation about keeping it is the fit.  It is not huge on me by any means but is definitely roomy.  It folds over a bit more than I'd like underneath the armpits.   However, I really do like the length of this size large in the back, which comes longer on me than Amy's or Lori's did on them (again, I assume in their regular sizes).  Another thing I really like - and much to my surprise - is how excellently it falls when I close the one hook closure at the top. Normally I hate only one closure at the top so that the cardi is "flyaway."   This one does not flyaway anywhere, but merely stays closed by that hook and the embroidery on both sides falls together perfectly - a perfect matchup on both sides  (the sign of a great garment and excellent engineering!)  It looks good open or closed but I like it better closed (that is, hooked at the top).   The sleeves are too long, as most of LOGO's long sleeves are on me, but the sleeves look great pushed up, and they stay pushed up so that's not a problem.  I do thing having sized up there is a bit too much fullness in the back, but not so it's unsightly.  I actually am talking myself into keeping this as I type this review, because it doesn't really look too big on me (except for the bit of bunchiness/folding in the armpit area) and I do like the little bit of extra length I get from sizing up.   

Nevertheless, it is costly for an As Is so I'm still a little undecided.  It is a beautiful cardigan though and can be worn for so many occasions as well as just something to have for when it's chilly in a movie or if you are out on a boat or a summer evening gets cool.  For you ladies who love the boho chic look, this one is a winner.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: A299625 Cotton Slub Embroidered Cardigan

@Pearlee wrote:

http://www.qvc.com/LOGO-Lavish-by-Lori-Goldstein-Cotton-Slub-Embroidered-Cardigan.product.A299625.ht...

I received this As Is (item A343130) and it was still costly - $65 item price came to $73 and change after S&H and tax.   I'm undecided whether to keep it and would love input from @Biftu and others who wish to comment.    

I ordered it in the cloud cream choice and the large (up one size for me) was the only one available As Is.  I decided to order it for two reasons:  some reviews stated that the arms were snug and also I wanted the back to be a little longer than it was on Amy & Lori  (I assume they were wearing their usual sizes).  Also, it's a cardi so a little looser normally is OK.

Fortunately, the one I received is in like-new condition (and may be new) - absolutely pristine with no unfortunate odors/perfume/smell of Downey meaning it was in a dryer.  None of that.

There is a lot I like about it but I have a few hesitations about keeping it at this price.

I do like the  cloud cream color (white but not a stark white)  and I like this a whole lot better than most of her other boho chic garments.  The embroidery is exquisite - not a thread out of place and, as some product reviewers have mentioned, it looks very expensive and can truly be dressed up or down, good with jeans or  can be worn to a fancy occasion.   Biftu, the main embroidery is - it appears to me - to be smokey taupe which would go with lots that you have.   One of my hesitations is that I'm a bit disappointed in the other color of embroidery, which I was hoping would go nicely with my green orchid cotton LOGO tank - A288867 (although I bought that last year As Is also at a better price).  I would still wear that tank underneath the cardi; however, the color in the cardi is a fainter green than the tank and doesn't pop out among all the smokey taupe embroidery as much as I thought it would.  So that contrast color embroidery is a bit of a let-down but not a deal breaker because the garment is so nice.

It's very lightweight (her light, thin cotton slub) and can be worn all summer and will go with pretty much everything in my wardrobe since the prominent color embroidery is very neutral.  

I think a lot of my hesitation about keeping it is the fit.  It is not huge on me by any means but is definitely roomy.  It folds over a bit more than I'd like underneath the armpits.   However, I really do like the length of this size large in the back, which comes longer on me than Amy's or Lori's did on them (again, I assume in their regular sizes).  Another thing I really like - and much to my surprise - is how excellently it falls when I close the one hook closure at the top. Normally I hate only one closure at the top so that the cardi is "flyaway."   This one does not flyaway anywhere, but merely stays closed by that hook and the embroidery on both sides falls together perfectly - a perfect matchup on both sides  (the sign of a great garment and excellent engineering!)  It looks good open or closed but I like it better closed (that is, hooked at the top).   The sleeves are too long, as most of LOGO's long sleeves are on me, but the sleeves look great pushed up, and they stay pushed up so that's not a problem.  I do thing having sized up there is a bit too much fullness in the back, but not so it's unsightly.  I actually am talking myself into keeping this as I type this review, because it doesn't really look too big on me (except for the bit of bunchiness/folding in the armpit area) and I do like the little bit of extra length I get from sizing up.   

Nevertheless, it is costly for an As Is so I'm still a little undecided.  It is a beautiful cardigan though and can be worn for so many occasions as well as just something to have for when it's chilly in a movie or if you are out on a boat or a summer evening gets cool.  For you ladies who love the boho chic look, this one is a winner.

wow....you didn't overlook a single detail!!

Honored Contributor

@nana59  LOL -- well, maybe one or two....  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @Pearlee for your thorough review.  I have been quite remiss on reviewing items.  I did order this cardi in the cloud cream in my usual xxs and it fits perfectly.  It is pricey but I felt I may wear it often and like you said, it goes nicely with my smokey taupe pieces and there is also willow green on the embroidered leaves which goes well with pieces in that color.  Although I haven't checked, I think that yellowish color is close to sour apple and I have a tank in that color.  I have no doubt you will find other Logo tops that will go nicely with it besides the tank you mention. Yes the sleeves are always too long on me, but pushing them up works for me.  I did not find the sleeves tight. The embroidery is done very well.  I agree with you on the weight of this top, it will be just enough in air conditioned settings.

All that being said, you were lucky to get this As Is and in great condition even though I agree it is still pricey.  I doubt anyone but you would notice the little extra fabric under the arms, but you need to feel comfortable with the fit.  It sounds like it fits you fine, but try it on one more time before making your decision.  I say hook that top and strut your stuff, it's a nice cardi to own.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm seriously considering that cardigan.  I have it in my saved items. 

It's price at the moment is $87.15 w/ 4 EPs.  Cloud Cream is my choice also.

Looking at the measurements ... I'm going to go up a size.  I have wider than average shoulders, and it looks a size too small on both Amy and Lori.

I'll probably hold out until June to buy.  

Honored Contributor

@Biftu  So happy that you have this also and like it also!  I thought it would be a good one for you so I'm glad you do too!  I find it interesting that your regular size fits you just fine; I have a feeling the medium would fit me fine also.  I tried the large on again this morning and will be keeping it.  It does not look too large on me although I can feel that it is roomy although, as I posted earlier, I do like the length in the back in this size.   Thank you for your thoughts on this.   Smiley Happy    I also agree with you that I am fortunate to have gotten a pristine one As Is.  

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I'm seriously considering that cardigan.  I have it in my saved items. 

It's price at the moment is $87.15 w/ 4 EPs.  Cloud Cream is my choice also.

Looking at the measurements ... I'm going to go up a size.  I have wider than average shoulders, and it looks a size too small on both Amy and Lori.

I'll probably hold out until June to buy.  

@ALRATIBA  I like the way that, having gone up a size, when I fasten that one hook at the neckline, the rest of the cardi drapes closed; that is, the left and right sides come together all the way, and don't remain open in a long "V" as it does on Lori and Amy.  That's what I meant by the size large on me doesn't "flyaway" open.  To me it's a more finished look when it completely closes together (even though there are no more fasteners).  I don't think you'll be unhappy if you go up a size, as long as you don't mind it being a little roomy elsewhere as I've described above.  But it is a cardi so there's wiggle room in the fit.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Biftu  So happy that you have this also and like it also!  I thought it would be a good one for you so I'm glad you do too!  I find it interesting that your regular size fits you just fine; I have a feeling the medium would fit me fine also.  I tried the large on again this morning and will be keeping it.  It does not look too large on me although I can feel that it is roomy although, as I posted earlier, I do like the length in the back in this size.   Thank you for your thoughts on this.   Smiley Happy    I also agree with you that I am fortunate to have gotten a pristine one As Is.  

@Pearlee  Good.  Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

@Biftu  I think this new tank in the cloud cream would look great with the cardi!

http://www.qvc.com/LOGO-Lounge-by-Lori-Goldstein-French-Terry-Tank-with-Rib-Details.product.A305493....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Biftu  Another cloud cream new top.  Per the fabric content, this might feel a little like Lounge.... A305475

ETA: This one would be almost a dress on us (length)!

http://www.qvc.com/LOGO-by-Lori-Goldstein-Pique-Knit-Tank-w-Woven-Sharkbite-Hem.product.A305475.html...