Esteemed Contributor

Re: A299625 Cotton Slub Embroidered Cardigan

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@Biftu  I tried it on again in better lighting and think I'm keeping my copper rose.   It doesn't look as good on me as the cloud cream, because that one brightens up my face, but the better lighting made it look better on me than I thought at first when I tried it on in my drab-lit bedroom.   I really like this one for fall so I'm leaning now toward keeping it (probably will).  Still time to change my mind though before the 30 days are up...

Thanks @Pearlee but I'm going to pass.  I might be able to get away with the xs, but my xxs really fits nicely.  That being said, since I never wore the cloud cream, I can't justify another.  You should seriously consider keeping the copper rose to wear for fall since I feel the cloud cream is a bit too summery to wear now.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu  This was presented during the 3:00 pm show (which I watched) at the clearance price.  The cloud cream was going faster than the copper rose.  Lori went on about how great the copper rose is for fall (that's my thinking!  I did keep mine!) and had Stacy place it over her black recent TSV LOGO dress she was wearing, do demonstrate how good it is for fall and to take sleeveless dresses into fall.  Lori, the host Sharon and the models had both colors on and they looked fabulous!  Watching that presentation made me glad I'd kept my copper rose second one, which I'd been having second thoughts about as you know. Good thing you encouraged me to keep it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Biftu  This was presented during the 3:00 pm show (which I watched) at the clearance price.  The cloud cream was going faster than the copper rose.  Lori went on about how great the copper rose is for fall (that's my thinking!  I did keep mine!) and had Stacy place it over her black recent TSV LOGO dress she was wearing, do demonstrate how good it is for fall and to take sleeveless dresses into fall.  Lori, the host Sharon and the models had both colors on and they looked fabulous!  Watching that presentation made me glad I'd kept my copper rose second one, which I'd been having second thoughts about as you know. Good thing you encouraged me to keep it. 

@Pearlee  I just watched the video and I'm glad you kept the copper rose one.  Great color for fall.  Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Biftu   and someone else who just bought this cardi recently  @Pjcab   was it?

Look what I found on clearance to wear underneath our cloud cream cardis!   Look at the vibrant olive  underneath our cardi!  The marshmallow would work too.  Reviews say to go up a size.

https://www.qvc.com/LOGO-Principles-by-Lori-Goldstein-Cotton-Modal-34-Sleeve-Top.product.A307245.htm...

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Look what I found on clearance to wear underneath our cloud cream cardis!   Look at the vibrant olive  underneath our cardi!  The marshmallow would work too.  Reviews say to go up a size.

https://www.qvc.com/LOGO-Principles-by-Lori-Goldstein-Cotton-Modal-34-Sleeve-Top.product.A307245.htm...

@Pearlee  That just might work.  By the way, what do you wear under your copper one?

Honored Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee  That just might work.  By the way, what do you wear under your copper one?

@Biftu   Thanks kind of a toughie!  Always a comfy tee, usually cotton and usually white or off white. I have a very old dark brown Susan Graver tee I wear under it sometimes and I've also worn dark beige/tan under it.  I like the dark brown the best - accenting the darkest of the embroidery.   I don't really have a very good top to wear under it - but I'll know it when I see it!   If you get any ideas when you get your cardi, let me know!  I did order the olive one above for the cloud cream cardi because I really like how that looks on the model and I can use that top with other things too.  If I like the top when it comes, I'll order the marshmallow one too because I could really use that one with a lot.  I did size up to a large per the reviews.  I'll let you know what I think of it when it comes.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Biftu wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Biftu   Thanks kind of a toughie!  Always a comfy tee, usually cotton and usually white or off white. I have a very old dark brown Susan Graver tee I wear under it sometimes and I've also worn dark beige/tan under it.  I like the dark brown the best - accenting the darkest of the embroidery.   I don't really have a very good top to wear under it - but I'll know it when I see it!   If you get any ideas when you  get your cardi, let me know!  I did order the olive one above for the cloud cream cardi because I really like how that looks on the model and I can use that top with other things too.  If I like the top when it comes, I'll order the marshmallow one too because I could really use that one with a lot.  I did size up to a large per the reviews.  I'll let you know what I think of it when it comes.

@Pearlee  Thanks for your thoughts on this.  I do have a dark brown tee.  In the video the model is wearing a top that looks like the same color of copper rose, but I couldn't find it.  Anyway, olive goes great with the cloud cream.  I have an olive tee that I wear under mine as well as the tank in sour apple.  Yes, let me know how that top works when you get it, and I'll send you my thoughts when I recieve my cardi.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu   Although the copper cardi isn't easy to match up with something to go under it, I don't think it'll be as bad as the pink-ish/beige-ish floral modal cardi you have that I returned (but kept in the gray leopard print choice).   That one is one of the hardest things I've gotten home to find something to wear with.  I think you'll have ideas about the copper cardi that will work.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee  What a coincidence!  This top is a primetime special today.  I'm getting the marshmallow and considering the olive.  I am going to go up a size.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Biftu   Thanks so much my friend!  I'm going to get a price adjustment thanks to you (haven't yet received my olive) and probably will get the marshmallow today.  I  did go up a size and will when I order the marshmallow.

So happy you posted this.   I always check LTSs but rarely check PTSs.

ETA - I just looked at my order and I paid $30.48 for this item (item price) and the new price today is $25.48 so it's an even $5 difference.   Funny, it's hardly ever even.