Honored Contributor

A290251 Printed Woven Tunic with Lace Detail

[ Edited ]

@equss  So....I ordered this in the abyss on free S&H day (otherwise I wouldn't have ordered if I stood to lose the return shipping for trying it).  It's going right back.

First off, I ordered the larger of my two possible sizes for size medium and for once, that was the wrong thing to do in the numeric sizing. I think the smaller of my two sizes would have fit better although it may very well have been too snug in the bust only (nowhere else). It wasn't horribly big but I had enough extra material everywhere that the smaller of my two sizes would have been right everywhere except perhaps in the bustline, and that's a big except because as we've posted, this material has no give.

However, and this is a big however, the armholes not only are too large but they stick way out on each side at the bottom of the armhole and I'm sure that in one size smaller they would still be doing that.  The armholes are just not right on this garment.  I honestly think they'd need alteration even if the rest of the item fit perfectly.  

The abyss blue is a very pretty color but this whole thing just looks too 1970s for me. Between that and the Little House on the Praire aspect it's just not me.   This garment is not funky if you are looking for something funky.  And I'd never like the armholes.  So I'm not exchanging it for the smaller size but returning it.  I will say that the lace in the blue is also very pretty and does show up (I originally thought the dark lace wouldn't show up well on the dark background). It's also longer than tunic length on me at 5'3" which would have been fine.  It would look cute with jeans or leggings underneath.    But it's just not for me.  

At the time I'm posting this, there is one review and it's five stars.  Definitely not my review!  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Re: A290251 Printed Woven Tunic with Lace Detail

@Pearlee Thanks so much for the comprehensive review!  It's too bad the armholes are a problem and that it's not funky.  Weird armholes are a pet peeve  of mine (along with plaids that aren't match on seams)   At this price point it shouldn't need tailoring.  I'm slowly nearing the point iof only purchasing the cotton slub. I have so much rayon span and lounge,  but always reach for the cotton in summer.  Returns are such a pain. Thanks for save me time and omen on this one🤗