Honored Contributor

A288867 Slub Tank with Handkerchief Ribbed Hem

[ Edited ]

This is going to be  bit repetitious of my mention of this item I just tried on today in my thread about Trudey's vacation.  

I got this in the coconut in my regular size medium.  Although I had to size up to a large (after getting the medium home) in the fall/winter long sleeved version of this item, the tightness there was in the arms and shoulders so, being sleeveless, I ordered it in the medium.  There is plenty of room in the medium for me, even a bit to spare.

I love the weight and feel of this cotton slub.  The fall/winter version is much heavier and stiffer.  This fabric is wonderful for spring and summer, yet not the tissue-thin cotton slub Lori does for summer.  IMO it's a perfect weight.

This is one if your upper arms look decent that can be worn alone if you want, although it will be super useful to also wear under cardis in the summer.  The armholes are roomy but not too large and bra straps don't show either.   I bought the coconut but because of the dim lighting of my bedroom, I'm not sure yet whether this coconut has any of the dreaded yellow tint to it (most of my coconut garments do not although one did that I sent back - the French terry TSV twinset did).  Except for thie price, this is one I'd love to have in each color.  I will try to pick up other colors As Is because this is so comfortable and stylish a tank.  I like the length on me.  Per the measurements I tought it would be shorter than it actually is.  It's fine to cover what I want to cover.  Comfort and cuteness, even though it's one of the plainer LOGO garments.  I'm happy with my purchase.

Respected Contributor

Re: A288867 Slub Tank with Handkerchief Ribbed Hem

@Pearlee. Thank you so much for your review.  I just ordered it in coconut too.

Honored Contributor

@Trudey  I tried mine on again yesterday in better lighting and it does not have the yellowish tinge that the Fr. terry coconut TSV top had.  YAY!  Also I thought that, with waffle knit trim on this tank and its neutral color, it will look good under our waffle knit "dusters" among many other things it will look good with.

Honored Contributor

@Trudey  I just saw that except for one person who experienced an inconsistent sizing problem, this tank has gotten really good reviews!   One person went back and got all the colors after her first one because she lives in Texas and said it's perfect for TX weather.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

More great reviews up for this tank!  One said it would have been a five star review but gave it four for the price (I agree with that - but it is five -star in terms of feit and comfort and cuteness). It was in A.M. Style this morning.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee. I received my coconut tank and I really like it.  The fit and length are just right.  I honestly think it is priced too high, but it is something that I can wear with many things...so I'm definitely keeping it.

Honored Contributor

@Trudey wrote:

@Pearlee. I received my coconut tank and I really like it.  The fit and length are just right.  I honestly think it is priced too high, but it is something that I can wear with many things...so I'm definitely keeping it.

@Trudey  Welcome back!   I hope you had a good time away - missed you during the LOGO show on Saturday!

I agree that the tank is overpriced but IMO it's pretty much a perfect tank and so comfortable.  I'm really glad you liked it too and will be keeping it.  I'm looking for it As Is to get more colors; probably wouldn't pay full price for another color, although I could use it in other colors.  I'm happy it's a keeper for you; thanks so much for letting me know. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Since this is such a popular item it might be hard to catch as-is but I was just able to snag the blue one.  I was gone when it was presented so hope I love it like most of the reviews have been.  Item # A299728 to watch for.......

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KimSKS wrote:

Since this is such a popular item it might be hard to catch as-is but I was just able to snag the blue one.  I was gone when it was presented so hope I love it like most of the reviews have been.  Item # A299728 to watch for.......

@KimSKS Oh thanks so much! I've been waiting for As Is to get more colors than the coconut I have.  Thank you so much for your post! Smiley Happy  I know you will like yours, and I'm jealous that you got the blue, which is one of the additional colors I want.   But I'm only looking for As Is since I can only justify one to myself at full price.  I just love this tank!

It's gone for now. How much is it As Is if you don't mind my asking?

Super Contributor

@Pearlee  $25.00 plus tax and shipping.  I had to order my larger size of my 2 sizes so hoping that isn't a mistake but figured I needed to jump on it.  The blue was my favorite color but there are alot of pretty ones.