Honored Contributor

A288027 Solid Tank with Two-Tone Lace & Ruffle Hem

I bought this one in the soft sage.  It's getting pretty split reviews, most bad ones from people who think the armholes are huge.  I am eager to see what @Debzzz says about this one since she also got it in the soft sage.

The armholes are somewhat big, but I've had worse although if the armholes fit exactly right, this one could easily be worn by itself.  I'm disappointed in the light sage color in that it is very, very light - just a whisper of green.  I do like the fabric which is much better for hot weather than rayon / span being mostly cotton & modal.  Very lightweight but the modal gives is more structure than Lori's tissue-thin cotton slub.

The embroidery at the bottom is pretty, but not nearly as distinctive in the green color as in the cream w/ brown embroidery.  I did size up to a large in this one - it's  a little roomy but that was the right decision, since it's cotton/modal.

But I'm sending it back.   I like it and it's comfortable but there is no way it's worth $67 with S&H & tax.  It just isn't.  The cardi with lace hoodie is, the waffle "duster" with all the lace and embellishment is (including a big double layer all around that hem in lace and chiffon) and many other garments are. But not this very flimsy (though comfy) tank that I would only wear underneath other things, mostly cardis.  I'd love to keep it but can't justify the price for this particular item.  Maybe some time on As Is....but not at this price.  A no-go for me even though I like it and it would be a useful piece.  If I were keeping it, I might rethink the color and exchange it - as I say, I didn't expect quite such a light green but that's no issue since I'm sending it back! 

Regular Contributor

Re: A288027 Solid Tank with Two-Tone Lace & Ruffle Hem

[ Edited ]

I got this tank top in the blue harbor. The color is basically a gray with a hint of blue in it.  It has a little bit of the sage color in the lace.   I love the lace and ruffle hem, especially in the inverted V on the sides.  The material is very nice and it fits well. I don't have any problems with the armholes being too big, as some reviewers have stated.  I don't wear sleeveless tanks anyway, only underneath something else, so that wouldn't matter much.  I got this top thinking it might look nice under the new swing top that I ordered in the blue dawn.  Unfortunately, the colors do not work together at all, and I don't have a thing to wear it with.  It might work with my blue rayon camo crop pants, as the color is similar to brook, but I still would need another top to wear over it. 

Lori has so many different shades of gray and blue. You would think they would work with one another better than they do. 

Gosh, I really do like it... but sadly, I think I am returning it. For the price, it's too expensive to keep and then have to buy something else to go with it.  I have quite a few tanks that I don't wear very often, even though I love the look.  It takes a lot of effort to make sure things look well together. 

Honored Contributor

Re: A288027 Solid Tank with Two-Tone Lace & Ruffle Hem

@lilybelle  I'm returning mine also even though I like it a lot, because it's just not worth the price for a tank.  However, I'm going to encourage you to keep it because (1) Lori doesn't think colors have to match - it sounds to me like your blues could be used "tonally"?  and (2) if I really like something, the fact that I have nothing to go with it never stops me from keeping it (and no, I won't go out and buy something else just to go with it - I'd never recommend that).  But when I do keep something I really like a lot that I don't think I have anything to go with, it always turns out that - I either find something that I hadn't thought of to go with it and there's a "eureka!" moment, sometimes even so good that it looks like I bought the two things together which always amazes me, or.....I acquire something later to wear with it and  still find some use to get out of it until I do. If I really like a piece of clothing, it's mine. I'll always find some way to wear it.

I agree with you - despite some of the reviews, I don't think the  armholes are so bad at all.