Honored Contributor

A288014 Slub Knit Top w/ Pockets and Asymmetric Hem

Although this was much too pricey for a long-sleeved fairly plain tee shirt, I've wanted the marshmallow color ever since it was presented and on one of the flash EZ pays recently I ordered it  I tried it on today.

Bad, very bad.  It's being returned ASAP and the only thing I like about it is the color (loving that marshmallow shade of white, which I have in the cute vest with ruffle hem).

Everything about it looked just awful - at least on me.  The sleeves are waaaay too long, even pushing up doesn't work well.   The cut is just really bad for me.  I don't like the short length, and the two sides of it stick out a lot and look poofy-funny.  I don't like the cut of the hemline in front and the pockets make the front stick out even more.  The entire hemline just stuck out too far, esp. the two sides, and hit me at an awful place to emphasis my hips, which I do not want to emphasis.  It hit me kind of just above the hips, so you saw wide, sticking-out hemline and large hips too.  Ugh.  And it has a couple of great reviews, clearly from people not built like me.   Even at only 5'3", the length of this (which I was always hesitant about) was much too short and unflattering.

Valued Contributor

Re: A288014 Slub Knit Top w/ Pockets and Asymmetric Hem

Sorry this didn't work for you @Pearlee.  I see that the top is all cotton, which might be why it does not drape correctly.  Also, it is shorter than many LOGO tops.  Pretty colors though.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee. Thanks for the review and I'm sorry it didn't work for you.  I remember thinking it would be too short for me.

Trusted Contributor

I got it in the yellow color (forget the name) and I actually like it way more than I thought I would. But I have a pretty short torso, so maybe it hit me in a better place than it did on you. I did notice that the sleeves didn't want to stay pushed up, but at least they aren't super long.

One of the things I liked about the top is the way the hem shows off a printed tank underneath, but still gives coverage where it's needed. But, like I said, maybe it just worked that way for me because I have a short torso.

Honored Contributor

@aprimo wrote:

I got it in the yellow color (forget the name) and I actually like it way more than I thought I would. But I have a pretty short torso, so maybe it hit me in a better place than it did on you. I did notice that the sleeves didn't want to stay pushed up, but at least they aren't super long.

One of the things I liked about the top is the way the hem shows off a printed tank underneath, but still gives coverage where it's needed. But, like I said, maybe it just worked that way for me because I have a short torso.

@aprimo  Well I'm glad you like yours.  Just goes to show different strokes for different folks.   The sleeves are super long on me.  Also, I don't want to layer with tanks in the warm weather. Esp. given that this is a long-sleeved top I don't need any extra "warmth" to wear underneath it, and I like cotton against my body in the summer.    So two of your points wouldn't work for me  but I'm happy they work for you.