Honored Contributor

A288010 Long Solid Tank w/ Embroidered Panel at Hem

[ Edited ]

This is that tank that Lori was wearing in white last week that only came in black and white and sold out ASAP.  Some bounced back in a day or so later and I got the black.  This is one of the best things I've ever bought from LOGO and I'll have to be on the lookout for the marshmallow, which some reviewers are displeased with because they think the real color if it is "toasted" marshmallow (which my marshmallow vest certainly is not!  Hmmmmm).

Anyway, this tank is so beautiful. It is long - it is just above the knee dress length on me which I will wear with black leggings ('m 5'3") .  The top material of this tank is super soft - one of the softest materials I've ever felt from LOGO, and the embroidered sculpted "lace" at the bottom is very pretty. It's less visible in the black but I can wear this under any top, including Art of Cloth tops I own.  I'm going to a college alumni event in early May at a dressy restaurant and I'm going to put an outfit together around this tank!  Love!  Need the marshmallow!  This tank was pricey but worth it.

At the time of this post, it is all sold out.

Trusted Contributor

Re: A288010 Long Solid Tank w/ Embroidered Panel at Hem

[ Edited ]

You are so right.....................it is gorgeous!!  I am still waiting and hoping for the white : )

I was able to get the black, but I didn't feel that the lace showed up as well with the color bottoms I usually wear, so back it went because it was a bit pricey for me right now.  I feel I will get more wear from the lighter color.

@PearleeI'm sure your college event outfit will be stunnning ~ Enjoy and have fun : )

Honored Contributor

@Irish1210 wrote:

You are so right.....................it is gorgeous!!  I am still waiting and hoping for the white : )

I was able to get the black, but I didn't feel that the lace showed up as well with the color bottoms I usually wear, so back it went because it was a bit pricey for mr right now.  I feel I will get more wear from the lighter color.

@PearleeI'm sure your college event outfit will be stunnning ~ Enjoy and have fun : )

@Irish1210  Oh thank you for the well wishes on my event. It'll be fun!

I agree the lace in the black doesn't show up as well, esp. when I'll be wearing it with black leggings - but it's still beautiful.  Some lucky person will be getting yours As Is!

I really wonder what the marshmallow is looking like, because people are describing it in reviews and yellow-ish but again, my marshmallow vest certainly isn't and the marshmallow cotton longsleeved tee I'm returning isn't either. The tee isn't quite as bright a white as the vest but I still wouldn't describe it as toeasted. marshmallow

Trusted Contributor

Checking everyday for the marshmallow : )

Esteemed Contributor

You will be a stand out!  Such a pretty top.  Enjoy your event.  

Honored Contributor

@Biftu  Thank you!  Smiley Happy  I went to one other of these college events at the same restaurant two years ago and people were dressed quite nicely.  After our session in a private room with hors d'oeuvres and bar only, the food we had was so good that many of the group stayed and dined in the restaurant area afterwards.  I will be dressing to "make a statement."  

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Biftu  Thank you!  Smiley Happy  I went to one other of these college events at the same restaurant two years ago and people were dressed quite nicely.  After our session in a private room with hors d'oeuvres and bar only, the food we had was so good that many of the group stayed and dined in the restaurant area afterwards.  I will be dressing to "make a statement."  

And you will!

Super Contributor

I received the marshmallow in  my normal size.  The day it was shown I preordered it before the presentation - first in my normal size - then a size up - then back to my normal size which I'm definitely glad I did because it fits perfectly.  Was any one else surprised that the lace border is as heavy as it is?  That surprised me in a good way.

On the color - it definitely has a yellowish cast to it.  When you have it laying by itself it comes off as white with a touch of yellow - when you have it laying by something white it definitely makes the yellow show more.  To me it's not as yellow as some ot the coconut colors i have seen but definitely an "aged" look to it.

Honored Contributor

@KimSKS  I didn't notice anything heavy about it.

I wish Lori's colors were more uniform.  I'm not sure I want marshmallow with a touch of yelloe in it.   I like her coconut but not when it has a yellow tint either (the Fr terry TSV twinset) - none of my other coconut pieces do.

And what's up with redwood? over the fall and winter this new color was a deep red-browish.  Now it's just a tad darker than macrame and still being called redwood.

If the colors are going to be completely different, please call them something else (or toasted marshmallow in this case - not the same name as my marshmallow vest which is white!).  And don't name the same color two different names either (mystic teal is blue spruce and even Lori has confused the two on air). 

Super Contributor

I probably shouldn't have said heavy - a better word would have been thicker.