Honored Contributor

A288002 Printed Tank w/ Asymmetric Lace Hem

[ Edited ]

@Trudey   @Tissyanne Well, I got mine home in the pear green and the dusty periwinkle and all I can say is you ladies who canceled did the right thing.  Uh oh, @Biftu, the large in this is too large on me.  Much too much material which makes me now leery of ordering up in today's tank, despite our earlier conclusions.  It's possible that the medium could be snug, like last year's pink and aqua ones, but I think the medium would fit me much better.

The colors were pretty disappointing.  Both were much less intense - a lot more mute- than online and on air.  The dusty periwinkle is downright ugly because there is a heck of a lot of gray in it, which is not what I wanted. The cozimel blue in it is pretty but the tank just isn't.   I like the pear color better and - it goes absolutely perfectly with the lemongrass cardi I received today (it was either clearance or an LTS last week - can't remember) - A276325.  I really cute match-up.  But I can't keep the larges - they are too large - too much material everywhere esp. in the back and gaping armholes.  And disappointing colors as I say.  This isn't anything like the pink and aqua wowza tank from last year.

On the plus side, the French terry is very soft and comfortable.

I do really like the eyelet cardi and the cotton isn't as stiff as I was expecting (except for the eyelet part which is stiffer than the rest of it)..  

So I'm definitely returning the periwinkle, and am trying to decide whether to exchange the pear one (there are so many shades of green in it that it would go with a lot of things I own and also all my cocoa various shades since that is in it too as is the lace) for a medium, or try to wait out the As Is because I'm not sure - much as I could use it - whether I like it enough to pay full price.  Leaning toward exchanging it though.  @Biftu, I am only getting the honey dew and canceling the pink one of today's tanks -if the large ends up being too large, I don't want to deal with two of them!

Valued Contributor

Re: A288002 Printed Tank w/ Asymmetric Lace Hem

@Pearly - I'd like to add a comment to one of the problems you had with these tanks:  I had ordered and had to return as "defective" A278446 Knit Tank with Satin and Lace Trim.  This tank was at least 2" larger in the chest area than the "click here" measurements and the armholes stuck out too far under my arms.

I have noticed that the stated sizing in some of the new LOGO items has changed.  I have always purchased an XL, which usually is presented as a 45-1/2" chest.  Some of the new items are now showing a 47" chest.  Not sure what is going on with the sizing.

I recently ordered A288024 LOGO by Lori Goldstein V-Neck Swing Top with Pockets in a Large because of the listed sizing on the XL.  Have not yet received it and am not sure if it will work out.

Honored Contributor

@Stevie Nix  I sure hope your piece en route works out.

It's too bad Lori's sizing isn't consistent - and that's an understatement.  Especiallyt because we end up paying through the nose to have to return clothing.  It costs a bunch to try on QVC's clothing and since the company's profits have been declining, it should think about that.  

Valued Contributor

@Pearly  - Based on an email Q sent me about my return, I believe I will not be charged for the return postage...but we'll see.  I will fight it if I am.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee - I also received the tank today in pear.  I too was surprised by the color.  It was so much more muted than during the presentation, but it still will go with so many pieces I have including like you, the LTS cardi in lemon grass.  I ordered the xs but I haven't tried it on yet.  I better try it on soon since I ordered the xs in that honey dew tank. Thanks for your review.

Esteemed Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

@Pearlee - I also received the tank today in pear.  I too was surprised by the color.  It was so much more muted than during the presentation, but it still will go with so many pieces I have including like you, the LTS cardi in lemon grass.  I ordered the xs but I haven't tried it on yet.  I better try it on soon since I ordered the xs in that honey dew tank. Thanks for your review.

@Pearlee - Quickly tried on the pear tank and it fits me well.  This was the correct size for me.  While the xxs may have fit, I am comfortable with the xs.  Thanks for pointing out that it goes with the lemongrass cardi, I hadn't thought of that.  This tank in this color will be very useful for me.  Hey I could wear it with my green pants!  LOL

Honored Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

@Biftu wrote:

@Pearlee - Quickly tried on the pear tank and it fits me well.  This was the correct size for me.  While the xxs may have fit, I am comfortable with the xs.  Thanks for pointing out that it goes with the lemongrass cardi, I hadn't thought of that.  This tank in this color will be very useful for me.  Hey I could wear it with my green pants!  LOL

@Biftu  Thanks for your post - I was dying to know what you thought when you tried it on!  Mine is fitting like an Xlarge - I'd better go look at the tag size!  I'm really glad yours works for you, since the new one from today has the same at least bust measurement - you certainly did the right thing then with your order.  

Yes, it is soooo cute with the LG cardi - looks like it's a set and that cardi is short and needs this tank underneath.  And yes, as you can see not only will it go with your numerous pairs of green pants LOL - but also with our cocoa items and probably some of the maple too.

OK - if mine was marked right, I'm going to exchange it for the medium rather than take a chance on As Is.  It is very soft.  You should see that other one I ordered - really BLAH in the muted coloring. 

Honored Contributor

@Biftu  Followup on the pear tank.  

I tried it on again this morning and spent a long time in front of the mirror evaluating it.  I did confirm it's a size large not an Xlarge.  

I think I'm going to keep it, although I'm not sorry I ordered the honey dew in a medium (at least so far not sorry).  The armholes in the large pear are enormous - impossible to wear it on its own, even though I'd like to.  Except for that, it looks OK in the front.  In the back is the bulk of the xtra material.  All that said....I think I'm probably going to keep this one but wil only be able to wear it underneath cardis such as my mocha & other brown ones one, a sage green one I have, and the lemongrass one.    By being loose, I will say it's quite comfortable.   I'm not certain a medium wouldn't be too snug or at least uncomfortable, and I'm worried about my butt in a medium (although even more worried for the rayon/span Layers hone dew one).  I also really like the length on this one for sticking out of the cardis (the medium could be shorter on me despite the length measurements being the same).    My impression today isn't that it's a mismarked Xlarge - it's really not that "too big" on me but clearly too big to wear on its own.

By the way, did you notice the macrame in it?  I should have posted above I can wear it with my macrame cardis too.  As soon as I noticed it today, I remembered Lori pointing out the macrame during its presentation.  We sure can wear this with a lot of things.  I may even be brave enough - Logoish - to wear it with my green camo pants!   What an eyeball full of prints that would be!

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee - The pear color was certainly the way to go for us with all we have to go with this coloring.  I didn't notice the macrame in this top, but yeah!  You never know if a smaller size will work so maybe keeping the one you have is the best option.  As far as the honeydew tank, I think that will run a bit smaller.  I'm almost sure going up a size in that one was the right decision.  Mixing prints, you go girl you are more daring than me!  Thanks for letting me know about your decision.